Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-08-2002, 04:13 PM   #1
330DTM
Cinematographer

Send a message via ICQ to 330DTM Send a message via MSN to 330DTM
Nissian Related stuff...

As some of you may know, by mid-August 2002, my parents will be returning the 328i since the least will be up by then I'll soo frigging miss driving that car!

Anyhow, my parents are down spending on the automobiles for certain reasons. My dad and I are interested in the Nissian Maxima. Initially the Altima, but the Maxima looks much nicer outside and inside. It's powerful too, but i can smell torque steer acceleration, but at least it has an LSD. Anyhow, I would like to get some honest opinions on which Nissian dealer in Toronto provide good service and sales. TC BMW, well great sales but HORRIBLE service. I'm looking for a dealer that provides good service quality and won't be a$$holes like some dealers.

Any help will be great!
Old 03-08-2002, 05:27 PM   #2
theblue
old school US member.

Send a message via AIM to theblue
maxima.org has a forum for Canada (mostly filled with Toronto people). I suggest you post there for more informtion.
Old 03-09-2002, 03:34 AM   #3
Gamite

Would your parents ever consider a used car?

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2002, 04:50 PM   #4
330DTM
Cinematographer

Gamite...

Technically not really. I know you'd probably say purchase a used BMW. No? I had that thought coming too, but in some ways they are still deciding if they want to lease another car or purchase, depending on the interest rate by august and what sorts of deals are offered by whichever dealers.

I'd really like to drive another BMW, but by the looks of it, it's 0% at this time
Old 03-09-2002, 07:53 PM   #5
bimmersport
MaXsponsor

hey man

When you're ready to buy or lease just let me know. My wife is a service advisor for a Nissan dealer in Etobicoke.

BIMMERSPORTAUTOMOTIVE
Specializing in BMW parts and service
905-670-9200

www.bimmersport.ca
bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2002, 08:56 PM   #6
bobo
2nd Gear Member

Would they consider paying more for the G35? My mom and I went to test drive one this afternoon, its so fast!!! We were also looking at the 330i in Town & Country but the service was horrible we had to wait half an hour to get someone to tell us how much the car costed, and the waiting list for a test drive was over an hour so we didn't bother. I guess I should've made an appointment for a test drive, but all the other dealerships didn't seem to have a problem with walk-in customers.
Old 03-09-2002, 10:22 PM   #7
330DTM
Cinematographer

yup

I've also taken the G35 into consideration, however it'll depend on if we want to spend that extra amount. Whats the MSRP on that car with sport pkg?
Old 03-10-2002, 05:47 AM   #8
Sun
2nd Gear Member

G35 ..

38900 base price ...
1600 aero package ...
2500 premium package ...

is it really that fast??
I should go and test drive it sometime
Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 10:32 PM   #9
mogie
Woodbumbling at Mazda

Send a message via ICQ to mogie Send a message via MSN to mogie
Hmmmmmm------ the service is comparable everywhere, just have to find the right advisor who will take care of you, Nissan has a very good way of looking at things, and BTW the cars have very little warranty problems, I should know I used to run service for 9 years........ However depending what you want the Maxima cannot be compared to the Altima as these are t different cars, decide- as the horse power is almost identical if you weight to power ratio them, bloody fast cars, handling is squishy on the GLE Max, but comfy on the SE, also the Max comes with HID's the CDN Altima does not. I personally like the Max, but the butt is still fugly, the leather is crappy on the Altima too. Just pick one you will not go wrong as the add-ons make for a very nicely modifed car, my friend Bill had his swipped it had alot of mods- but excellent car.......but ITS NOT A BIMMMAH!!!!!!!!
Old 03-12-2002, 10:46 PM   #10
bobo
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mogie
Hmmmmmm------ the service is comparable everywhere, just have to find the right advisor who will take care of you, Nissan has a very good way of looking at things, and BTW the cars have very little warranty problems, I should know I used to run service for 9 years........ However depending what you want the Maxima cannot be compared to the Altima as these are t different cars, decide- as the horse power is almost identical if you weight to power ratio them, bloody fast cars, handling is squishy on the GLE Max, but comfy on the SE, also the Max comes with HID's the CDN Altima does not. I personally like the Max, but the butt is still fugly, the leather is crappy on the Altima too. Just pick one you will not go wrong as the add-ons make for a very nicely modifed car, my friend Bill had his swipped it had alot of mods- but excellent car.......but ITS NOT A BIMMMAH!!!!!!!!
your abbreviations are driving me crazy!*drunk*

good points though
Old 03-14-2002, 08:48 PM   #11
Sun
2nd Gear Member

When is the official release data of G35 in Canada ?

I dont see G35 in models section ...
Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2002, 10:58 PM   #12
bimmersport
MaXsponsor

check out www.freshalloy.com

BIMMERSPORTAUTOMOTIVE
Specializing in BMW parts and service
905-670-9200

www.bimmersport.ca
bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2002, 12:16 AM   #13
theblue
old school US member.

Send a message via AIM to theblue
my 2c is get a BMW if you're looking to spend the money that a G35 costs... and if you just want a good all around sedan that can run low 14s and has leather then get the maxima
theblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2002, 04:35 PM   #14
Mr seville
6th Gear Member

for $5000 more you can get a lexus. i just bought one myself
Mr seville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 12:51 AM   #15
Helldiver
1st Gear Newbie

If u want a Maxima then maybe you should wait since it's due for a major revision soon... I liked the Altima on paper but during the car show I sat inside one and the cloth interior felt really cheap and ugly!

G35 is cool if your parents dig it... saw a white one the other night that tried to race me. But I still have the bias that Nissans are not as reliable as Toyotas or Hondas...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: