Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-19-2009, 08:53 AM   #1
daytona
6th Gear Member

I hope your cat isnt this stupid.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f67_1242710325

I guess the eagle wasnt that hungry.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:18 AM   #2
slimjim
Almost Sideways

lol that bird was a G.......and lol @ the cat trying to swipe him
Old 05-19-2009, 06:22 PM   #3
sirex
King Sirex

What an awesome animal. I love eagles they are bad ass.

I have a malteze dog, one time when we were up at the cottage sitting on the deck, the dog was just walking around chilling on the deck as well, and after a few minutes I noticed a bird circling over head. It was up there for a while just circling over and over and over again. probably thought it was a rabbit or something.. Then I decided to put the dog inside, and the bird flew off. Not as big as a Bald Eagle, it was smaller, dont know what kind... But ya, those eagles, and their claws will **** up cats/dogs like its no ones business.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:42 PM   #4
saix
rawr

Send a message via AIM to saix
A pterodactyl stole my car once.
saix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:15 PM   #5
Jim .E.
E90 n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
What an awesome animal. I love eagles they are bad ass.

I have a malteze dog, one time when we were up at the cottage sitting on the deck, the dog was just walking around chilling on the deck as well, and after a few minutes I noticed a bird circling over head. It was up there for a while just circling over and over and over again. probably thought it was a rabbit or something.. Then I decided to put the dog inside, and the bird flew off. Not as big as a Bald Eagle, it was smaller, dont know what kind... But ya, those eagles, and their claws will **** up cats/dogs like its no ones business.
But you also have to understand in this scenario the Eagle wasn't going to risk anything with the cats. I say cats because there were two, the second feline would easily claw the eagle which would make him injured and hard for it to fly.

I'm not saying a Eagle is weak, there massive birds and are heavy as **** for there sheer size. But they simply will not risk it if they feel they can be attacked in the process.
Jim .E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:23 PM   #6
Bimmer Heaven
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim .E. View Post
But you also have to understand in this scenario the Eagle wasn't going to risk anything with the cats. I say cats because there were two, the second feline would easily claw the eagle which would make him injured and hard for it to fly.

I'm not saying a Eagle is weak, there massive birds and are heavy as **** for there sheer size. But they simply will not risk it if they feel they can be attacked in the process.
I would bet all on the eagle!!! If he attacked one cat, the other one would run, NO WAY it would try to help!!! Even if it did, i still dont think it would do much...The eagle would have just grabed the cat and fly off! lol
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E93 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X3 X5 M3 M5 Z4

Etobicoke location opening mid June!!!!

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!

Last edited by Bimmer Heaven; 05-19-2009 at 11:57 PM.
Bimmer Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:52 PM   #7
sirex
King Sirex

bald eagle could kill those 2 cats in a second.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:31 AM   #8
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

It would also win a stare down contest.

'04 645cic
'05 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 CCSB 4x4
'00 740i Sport
slemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:34 AM   #9
BigD
the misanthropist

The cat reminds me of Sidney Crosby. "I'm a vicious animal... rawr?"
Old 05-20-2009, 01:23 PM   #10
JayR_84
2nd Gear Member

We had an American bald eagle (named Freedom) in rehab for 3 years. They are birds of prey but would not win a fight against a cat (or two). They are scavengers feeding from ill, dead, decaying animals and live animals only in the form of small fish, rodents, and mammals. The beak is not effective for fighting, its hook shaped to tear flesh for eating. Their talons only hold 4 pounds not enough to fly away with even a average size house-cat. They are only successful around 1 out of 20 times, and expend a lot of energy on hunting. Many die from starvation.

The eagle we were caring for was very hungry and tried to catch a fish too large to carry away, and was pulled under the current. Eagles can only fly from land, and can not take off from water. He was pulled down stream and had his beak shattered and wing broken on some rocks before being rescued by some fishermen.
JayR_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:48 PM   #11
Jim .E.
E90 n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
bald eagle could kill those 2 cats in a second.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayR_84 View Post
We had an American bald eagle (named Freedom) in rehab for 3 years. They are birds of prey but would not win a fight against a cat (or two). They are scavengers feeding from ill, dead, decaying animals and live animals only in the form of small fish, rodents, and mammals. The beak is not effective for fighting, its hook shaped to tear flesh for eating. Their talons only hold 4 pounds not enough to fly away with even a average size house-cat. They are only successful around 1 out of 20 times, and expend a lot of energy on hunting. Many die from starvation.

The eagle we were caring for was very hungry and tried to catch a fish too large to carry away, and was pulled under the current. Eagles can only fly from land, and can not take off from water. He was pulled down stream and had his beak shattered and wing broken on some rocks before being rescued by some fishermen.
I rest my case. Thank you sir.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:05 PM   #12
daytona
6th Gear Member

watch this video..your saying those two pussies have a chance against a eagle?..a small wolf and adult fox is mince meat.

NWS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaAZaguCics
Old 05-20-2009, 11:26 PM   #13
M3speed
6th Gear Member

wow that was amazing! what a beautiful bird!
M3speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 01:34 AM   #14
Jim .E.
E90 n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytona View Post
watch this video..your saying those two pussies have a chance against a eagle?..a small wolf and adult fox is mince meat.

NWS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaAZaguCics
in which part of that movie did you see a 2 on 1 scenario. A Eagle simply will not attack if it feels it is vulnerable/can be attacked while feeding or killing prey.

Your given a uzi and two guys are given 9mm to your east and west respectively. Your gun can easily take out both, but if you shoot one the other would react just as fast and possibly shoot you. Remember I said possibly, it's not guaranteed he'll make his mark, but if he does you will be dead. Would you risk it trying to kill both?
Old 05-21-2009, 07:19 AM   #15
328is
tire don't like me

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: