Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-19-2009, 09:42 PM   #1
sirex
King Sirex

summit energy scammers

Not really scammers but act like scammers.

had one come to my door today asking me for my hyrdo bill. i told him to get lost thats private and not come back.

anyway, i read a little bit about them and it seems what they can do is if u show them that bill they get the registration number and then they can some how set you up under their 5 year contract system for energy (at a much higher rate) or some shit like that.

so tell your wives, kids, etc, if these people come by asking for papers/ etc to **** off.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:28 PM   #2
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via MSN to thinair
I had the someone at my door trying the same bit, but he wanted my hydro and gas bill. I had a lot of time on my hands so I wasted a good 30 minutes of his then told him I wasn't interested. It was pretty funny how pushy he was, and how confident he was that I was going to sign his form, I even had the pen in my hand hovering over the signature line just to taunt him lol
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:32 PM   #3
344i
5th Gear Member

LOOOOL!!!!

Don't tell them to **** off. Act all loopy. I usually tell them I am from another planet and I burn people to heat my home, and then eat their ashes because where I come from, ash is a source of nutrition. Gleep Gleep gleck glop. That works quite well.
344i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:55 PM   #4
Castel
4th Gear Member

same people came to my door as well. amazing how pushy they are but i wasn't about to show them my bill having heard about this.

Him: "you know energy prices are only going to go up"
me: "i'll stick with the market prices, thanks."
him: "you must not know much about economics"
me: *slow blink*
me: (childish voice) "wave bye-bye to your commission, say bye bye now" smiled and closed the door.
Castel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:17 PM   #5
sirex
King Sirex

i meant hydro one bill..

the thing is its like they charge more then what we are being charged now, and if u notice energy costs are going down.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:37 AM   #6
R_JAY
Has the world for ransom

Try living in a new sub division like I do. They're literally lined up one behind the other. I don't even get up to go to the door anymore even though I know they can see me.
R_JAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:36 PM   #7
Kal
maxRealtor

Send a message via MSN to Kal
I use to work for one of these companies. I would highly suggest to not sign anything especially for hydro! I worked there for a few months and then realized how much of a scam it was and quit on them.

The reason why the sales agents are pushy is because the pay is just unbelievable. We use to get paid average $100 PER CONTRACT. Once experienced making $2500/week is the norm.

Just about 2 months ago CBC did a segment on this it is definitely worth watching so everyone is prepared for this. http://www.cbc.ca/marketplace/2009/p...sion/main.html

P.S. The reason why there is so little government intervention is because these companies are huge! They have plenty of money (as most energy businesses do.) The gov't will never do anything to stop these scammers.
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 02:00 PM   #8
davericher20
black and blue

wow, that was a good segment, now I know not to sign up with these jerkoffs. you will lose out 100% of the time on your electricity bill! hahaha!
Gas only 44% of the time you'll lose..hahaha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 02:04 PM   #9
Kal
maxRealtor

Send a message via MSN to Kal
CBC doesn't even fully understand the hydro. Hydro right now is currently 5.6pKw (I think) These companies are signing up you for around 8 - 11/cents perkw. Now not to get into a complicated explanation but if you have signed these contracts some months you will be paying around 15cents/kw. The hydro is an absolute scam!

Last edited by Kal; 05-20-2009 at 02:08 PM.
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 02:55 PM   #10
PinkieMoscow
Jumped up G'd up.

hehe, I worked for summit =D
Old 05-21-2009, 01:36 AM   #11
sirex
King Sirex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal View Post
CBC doesn't even fully understand the hydro. Hydro right now is currently 5.6pKw (I think) These companies are signing up you for around 8 - 11/cents perkw. Now not to get into a complicated explanation but if you have signed these contracts some months you will be paying around 15cents/kw. The hydro is an absolute scam!
yep bigno.. and price of energy has been going down lately :p

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: