Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-15-2009, 08:21 PM   #76
sirex
King Sirex

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvan View Post
I think tamils are not realistic. Until Germany-UK-US-FRA decide to make a move, Canada will do nothing. Let alone that if Canada was to send their army there, they would not be able to handle the problem.
you name Germany as if they are a force to be reckoned with..
more like if the UN decides to do anthing which in that land would be PAKISTANI, INDIAN and US forces.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:02 PM   #77
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
^ Than what about US. They can pitch in for sure heheheh. Maybe not now, but in 1980s and 1990s germans were always there. Don't let the media fool you.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 09:46 PM   #78
sirex
King Sirex

with what, germany cant field an army its like illegal.

why u think they make cars... theyre not allowed to make tanks any more lol.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:50 PM   #79
5thseries
biggerthen3

Is there any tamils on Maxx?
5thseries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 01:04 PM   #80
TheLoneVR!
戦うために住み、住む戦い

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
i dont understand.

youre a hostile enemy force that seeks to take land away from the governemnt. What exactly do you want them to do? Drop roses and poetry on you and ask you to stop?

OR maybe they should just give in becuase you said so?

How is this any difference then the Kurds trying to get land in Turkey and being bombed the **** out of?
HOW? Explain how we support the turks fighting the Kurds, but in this case we should support the Tamils because someone loud mouthed people are voicing their crying?

who gives a shit to either side. I say the side with the bigger gun wins. THEY ALWAYS Do.

let them solve their own problems.
spoken so elequently !!
+1
TheLoneVR! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 10:26 AM   #81
daytona
6th Gear Member

its over.......hopefully peace talks will start.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/reuters/0...s_srilanka_war

but the Tigers are still threatening suicide bombing against Sri Lanka army and infrastructures.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:29 AM   #82
sirex
King Sirex

^ thats because they are terrorists. what did you expect? NOW do you see the retardedness of this whole ordeal being in Toronto? they take hostages too, wouldn't let innocent civilians escape...
Old 05-17-2009, 11:41 AM   #83
daytona
6th Gear Member

Sirex dont expect them to stop protesting though,I was told they are in a day of mourning and will continue to oppose the current Sri Lanka government and push Canada to open talks with the UN to start talks between the winning and losing side about "relocations" of the refugees.This is not a end for the protest.Did you hear the estimate of economic losses and policing,EMS cost of the last 5 weeks of protest...$65 million...that includes overtime,extra platoons called from OPP,RCMP and government security,extra EMS workers on call and the lost of business and traffic tie ups.That is low figure I was told.

Last edited by daytona; 05-17-2009 at 11:44 AM.
daytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 12:05 PM   #84
arek
3rd Gear Member

I feel sorry for the innocent people that are suffering, I understand their protesting. I mean, if It was my homeland, I'd feel obligated to try and do something aswell.

They definetly lack the diplomacy to do things the right way, they are pissing ALOT of people off - that they no longer give a shit about topic. Bad way of getting yourself heard!
arek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 12:51 PM   #85
sirex
King Sirex

shoulda arrested them and sent them to Guantanamo for some water boarding.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:54 PM   #86
TheLoneVR!
戦うために住み、住む戦い

innocent people always suffer no matter what the war or cause is.
Even if there were no weapons of mass destruction, and only sticks and stones.........man would kill each other for any and no reason!
TheLoneVR! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 02:36 PM   #87
98Dinan3
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to 98Dinan3
I feel for them, but why don't they go back to their homeland and pick up a gun? That would be far more effective than screwing around in Toronto, making themselves out to be idiots, and pissing everyone in general off. Actions truly speak louder than words, or in this case, pansy-ass protests half way around the world.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:11 AM   #88
dbworld4k
Addict

I drove by University Ave tonight around 12.30AM with a friend as I was bored to shit so we decided to cruise. Anyways... they were out there at that late hour protesting. That's dedication! LOADS of cops out on that stretch of Univ. near Queen's Park. Place was crawling with them.

I rolled down my windows and we started yelling out "NOBODY CARES! SHUT THE **** UP!!" to the groups of protesters. Unfortunately, they probably didn't hear us but a few cops nearby did, smiled and waved LOL!

/pointless post.

'02 ///M5 Imola Red / Imola Red '09 335i Alpine White / Coral Red
dbworld4k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:40 AM   #89
myndgone
..... kLaSSe~1 .....

Send a message via MSN to myndgone
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbworld4k View Post
I drove by University Ave tonight around 12.30AM with a friend as I was bored to shit so we decided to cruise. Anyways... they were out there at that late hour protesting. That's dedication! LOADS of cops out on that stretch of Univ. near Queen's Park. Place was crawling with them.

I rolled down my windows and we started yelling out "NOBODY CARES! SHUT THE **** UP!!" to the groups of protesters. Unfortunately, they probably didn't hear us but a few cops nearby did, smiled and waved LOL!

/pointless post.

not a pointless post...if we all did the same thing, maybe they would hear one of us and clue in that we really don't give a ****...

what a waste of money on police force...
myndgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:58 AM   #90
daytona
6th Gear Member

You must admire their commitment,I bet if your people were in a life and death fight to the end for your own country you be on the streets also,not blocking traffic day and night but protesting.Yelling at them is kind of low and immature when they lost the final chance of their own land and more than likely lost family or relatives during the 30 year war.I'm totally against the way they tried to bully Queens Park to react to their cause and basically caused mayhem downtown,but no one was seriously hurt and hopefully they get some sort relief the fighting has stopped and the war is over.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: