Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: What is your opinion of the 1 series
Buy a REAL BMW you cheap ass 16 20.00%
Its a chicks car... fine for the wife but i wouldnt be caught dead in it 17 21.25%
I'd drive it, but expect its value to drop like a rock 8 10.00%
I love it and would own it. BMW's created a winner here. 39 48.75%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-12-2009, 11:22 AM   #61
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny_blaze View Post
Pfffttt...this is what 400+ WHP looks like boys (and ladies!)!!
400+ WHP?? I don't think so... not unless it's running a JB3 or V3 with race gas map, downpipes, exhaust, intercooler and intake. If you argue my point.. I will gladly pay for a SAE dyno session to prove you wrong at a reputable place (anyone can **** around with dyno graphs)! I have many friends with modded 335's and know enough about tuning that motor to argue my point. Your AA tune is not even close to 380whp.

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:35 AM   #62
Gamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD View Post
Like I said, the eyebrows are a MUST for this car, Charlie nailed it.
Yes, they make the eyes smaller.

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:41 AM   #63
StikiGreenZ
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to StikiGreenZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMPOWERD View Post
400+ WHP?? I don't think so... not unless it's running a JB3 or V3 with race gas map, downpipes, exhaust, intercooler and intake. If you argue my point.. I will gladly pay for a SAE dyno session to prove you wrong at a reputable place (anyone can **** around with dyno graphs)! I have many friends with modded 335's and know enough about tuning that motor to argue my point. Your AA tune is not even close to 380whp.
Yikes!

Definetly agree on the eyelids though, they help kill the "bug-eye" look.

BMW 645i - Black on Red
Range Rover Sport - Black on Black
StikiGreenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 03:38 PM   #64
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

The reading was done on both 94 octane (~390whp) and race gas (420whp) on a dynapak. We are running all those mods, and now topping it with a meth kit. We can go back to Tony, dynamotorsports (tonythetiger) or we can go to Mel..(we are actually going there next weekend hopefully) who doesnt really give 2 shits about playing with numbers..for what, the car is barely driven..who cares about having the highest PEAK hp numbers anyways. I know you have many friends with the N54 motor, and at the same time I have many customers I have swapped out those JB3 and V2/V3 for the AA processor. Its not only about peak numbers, but smoothness and driveability of the cars on the different tune that was the key point in getting the AA processor. Check the website www.dynamotorsports.com

Edit: On second thought, I will buy you lunch to come when we go dyno it at Mel's - of course, we havent done dyno comparisons yet. When is the last time you saw someone running the R3DPI tune or even RF3DPI in person?

P.S. My TT St 2 kit puts the same...380whp these days aint anything. Too bad I had to let my car go before I put it on.

Also please dont get me wrong, I aint trying to bash any products as I deal with Mike@N54tuning as well. Sometimes its a personal preference to how the car runs and is tuned rather than how fast it is...for some people.

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|AFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction

Last edited by Jon@Bimmersport; 05-12-2009 at 04:02 PM.
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 04:21 PM   #65
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Sorry Randy, for now....you are officially

PWN3D! Even if its uncorrected....still pretty damn good for a $40k car with bolt ons.

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|AFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 07:18 PM   #66
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Goddamn! THAT THING IS PRETTY QUICK!

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:16 AM   #67
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
WOW! I never thought this thread would stir so much controversy! Right now the polls are pretty much split.. it appears theres 2 camps of people... those that are 'meh' to the 1 and those who seem to LOVE the 1.

Here's another question directed to those that hate the 1. What other car would you get for the price of the 1?
decently optioned, the 1 can be had for $40K on-the-road (thats pdi, freight and taxes included) with leather, a sunroof, and an auto tranny.

Simple answer. A very slightly used 335i coupe or sedan. Done and Done!!
dble Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:27 AM   #68
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

To all who are arguing about hp in 135 vs. 335 same mods applied = same hp. I think most people are arguing the bang for the buck of the 1 is just not there vs. the 3.

Furthermore, I read back earlier in the thread someone saying the 135 out handles a 335. WRONG. Name a publication, race driver, even an experienced lapper who would hold a 135 above a 335 in the handling department. I've driven both around Mosport and let me tell you, the 135 holds nothing to the 335. And the slight weight advantage is barely noticeable up the back straight.

Also, the 135 might be lighter, but it has more unsprung weight than the 335 which as you probably know is worse for the handling department.
dble Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 06:40 PM   #69
Qube
5th Gear Member

Awesome car. Love them both... the 128 base is really... erm just don't get it. There's really NO point. A CPO is better at that price.

On price, they're too expensive. Really. Especially the rates BMW still wants them to command.

Qube is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: