Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-11-2009, 10:17 AM   #1
Stephanie
6th Gear Member

Fml.

I was driving home on Wednesday after work and my Tire Pressure Indicator light came on... "Hmm... that's weird"... When i got home (I have run flats, no rush... lol), checked the tire pressure, about 10psi lower than it was supposed to be *flick* turned on the compressor and filled the bitch back up, thinking it was no big deal and not really thinking twice about it...

Saturday, I was on the way to the mall with my girlfriend and *dling!* again, the ****ing indicator came on... "OK, now this is BS", I thought. Did my shopping, came home checked the tire pressure... 20 PSI... ok, seriously, that's pretty well HALF of whats supposed to be in there.

Didn't have time to do anything about it since it was my birthday weekend and I was going out for dinner...

When i got up on Sunday (and after bitching about it with dbworld4k for about 20 mins), I took the tire off my car, thinking it was a nail in the tire or something..............

NO.

I was TOTALLY WRONG.
Instead, I cracked the inner lip of my Style 230's!!!! WTF?!?!

FML!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the first time this has ever happened to me.

I blame it on the ****ing GTA potholes, but i can't remember hitting anything as of late.

Mashed in some JB weld for the time being, which has significantly slowed the leak, BUT I still have to buy a new rim for my stupid car, which wont be in until tomorrow.

Again, FML.

/rant.

Black Sapphire Metallic | Coral Red | Brushed Aluminium | 6MT | ZSP | ZPP | PDC | Bluetooth
Shadowlines | Matte Grilles | Aero Lip | BMW Performance Pedals | Smoked Reflectors | LLumar Tint 40%
KW V2 | VMR V710 | Super Sports | BMS JB4 | BMS DCIs | HPF Intercooler | UUC EVO3 SSK | UUC RK7 Shift Knob

Last edited by Stephanie; 05-11-2009 at 10:25 AM.
Stephanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:28 AM   #2
Gamite

pics?

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:29 AM   #3
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
my stupid car.

/rant.
Harsh words! I know it sucks! but don't blame the car.

My cousin had a piece of metal go thru a rim back when his ZHP was brand new and those wheels were hard to find, he had to buy one from the dealer and it wasn't cheap.

If you want to try the quick fix again.
Try the JB weld again but deflate the tire completely and sand around the crack to clean it up.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:31 AM   #4
Fern3
formerly e36.M52B25

holy crap thats such a rare case.. ive been through reallyy harsh potholes on the 401 with my friends e46 m3 but never cracked anything. its wierd since you dont even remember hitting anything major..
Fern3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:32 AM   #5
dbworld4k
Addict

FYL indeed.

'02 ///M5 Imola Red / Imola Red '09 335i Alpine White / Coral Red

Past:
'04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite
'96 318i Alpine White / Black
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
dbworld4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:33 AM   #6
Robb
EX E30 M3 Owner

That sucks ! If I were you, I'd file a complaint to the city and try and get them to pay for the damage.
The roads are in terrible condition.
Not only do we have to watch the cars infront of us, pedestrians, the stoplights, we also have to watch out for potholes !
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:34 AM   #7
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

shitty luck, never cracked a rim, bent a few but never cracked, your car is pretty new isn't it???? if it cracked maybe it was something wrong with the rim's metal???? I'd talk to the dealer, which I know can be like banging your head against a wall, but right now they want to hang onto every customer!!!!
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:36 AM   #8
Stephanie
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamite View Post
pics?
none...
was too pissed to remember to take any...

Black Sapphire Metallic | Coral Red | Brushed Aluminium | 6MT | ZSP | ZPP | PDC | Bluetooth
Shadowlines | Matte Grilles | Aero Lip | BMW Performance Pedals | Smoked Reflectors | LLumar Tint 40%
KW V2 | VMR V710 | Super Sports | BMS JB4 | BMS DCIs | HPF Intercooler | UUC EVO3 SSK | UUC RK7 Shift Knob
Old 05-11-2009, 10:37 AM   #9
Stephanie
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
If you want to try the quick fix again.
Try the JB weld again but deflate the tire completely and sand around the crack to clean it up.
i did deflate the tire completely and sand it down & cleaned it up with alcohol to remove and grease or dirt... its just a tough spot to fill without taking the tire off...

Old 05-11-2009, 10:39 AM   #10
jeremy
6th Gear Member

hmmm. I wonder if BMW would warranty it?
jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:40 AM   #11
Stephanie
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
shitty luck, never cracked a rim, bent a few but never cracked, your car is pretty new isn't it???? if it cracked maybe it was something wrong with the rim's metal???? I'd talk to the dealer, which I know can be like banging your head against a wall, but right now they want to hang onto every customer!!!!
The dealership i deal with is amazing (BMW of Mississauga)... They are in the process of trying get something done under warranty or get me a used one at the very least so i don't need to dish out $950.00

Old 05-11-2009, 10:43 AM   #12
Stephanie
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by e36.M52B25 View Post
holy crap thats such a rare case.. ive been through reallyy harsh potholes on the 401 with my friends e46 m3 but never cracked anything. its wierd since you dont even remember hitting anything major..
yea... just my luck!!

the problem is, the rims are soft, 19" and pretty airy (there's one 5 little spokes) and they are on a runflat, low-pro tire, which is like driving on a hockey puck... the combination of the big rims and shitty low-pros are not suitable for our craptacular GTA roads...

...and no, no... I've HIT potholes, just not any recently... which is really weird. I must have stressed the rim and the thing just gave eventually... regardless of how good I (we) are at slaloming the streets, you just cant avoid them at times... fail.

Last edited by Stephanie; 05-11-2009 at 10:49 AM.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:59 AM   #13
Fern3
formerly e36.M52B25

yea its a combination of factors like you said. low pro tires, airy rims, lower ride height = a bit stiffer suspension on the cabrio
Fern3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 11:04 AM   #14
El Gato Liso
6th Gear Member

be happy this never happened on that long as cruise
Old 05-11-2009, 12:19 PM   #15
Stephanie
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gato Liso View Post
be happy this never happened on that long as cruise
so true!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: