Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-09-2009, 02:26 PM   #31
SamE30e
6th Gear Member

Coast cars just get the paint eaten away by the salt water and the paint faded by the hot sun. Example: My car.

One of the cars in that picture is on r3vlimited, and it's been resprayed.

California cars are definetly better if you're looking for a older car but California isn't the best place to live. I'll take my Canada.
02 325i Sedan
SamE30e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 03:03 PM   #32
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
It's not like I'm acting surprised, the term "rust belt" is there for a reason. California cars are not all mint either but the climate is just more forgiving. Less problems with buildings, bridges, roads, not just cars.

And Julian I apologize if I exaggerated the rust issues on your car, it was a nice ride but I was trying to say to Fil that comparing cars just doesn't make sense.

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform

Last edited by BMW_7; 05-09-2009 at 03:06 PM.
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 03:11 PM   #33
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_7 View Post
it was a nice ride
Why do you say it was?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_7 View Post
but I was trying to say to Fil that comparing cars just doesn't make sense.
Fil made more sense than you with your first post. Obviously you picked the worst pics you could find for Ontario, and cars you picked for California are definitely not your regular daily drivers.

Like SamE30e said California cars are not the best out there. Constant heat and sun is not good for your paint, interior, plastics.

Looking at that E28 I can tell right away it's not original, but a nicely restored car. There is no way that rubber seal on the bumper would survive California's sun.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:27 PM   #34
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

[quote=SickFinga;1300196]Why do you say it was?

Fil made more sense than you with your first post. Obviously you picked the worst pics you could find for Ontario, and cars you picked for California are definitely not your regular daily drivers.

I'm glad someone understands my point! You cant just compare random cars based on pics! Obviously California cars would have less rust, there is no doubt about that...This is not the argument was about.
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X5 M3 M5

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Eurostyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:45 PM   #35
344i
5th Gear Member

Omg no need for hurt feelings. Lack of salt and rain makes california great for metal. Rubber degrades, plastics degrade, but in my opinion clean metal is more important then plastics and rubber.

You can argue all you want but show me one dodge caravan in ontario with a rust free suspension body and exhaust that are not treated or replaced. I will show you plenty rotting out.

I think the point bmw7 was trying to make was that you can care less about your car in that climate and in the end it will still be cleaner then a car exposed to salts ( not cared for like julians or abusatifs, etc,) Simple. I ll post pics from when i was in california 2 weeks ago and you can judge for your self

As for everyone who got offended, you got to realise that you put alot of work and effort into your cars , where as cars from good climates look extremely good with hardly any work at all, not even a wash.... Simple
344i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 05:11 PM   #36
TNation
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 344i View Post
Omg no need for hurt feelings. Lack of salt and rain makes california great for metal. Rubber degrades, plastics degrade, but in my opinion clean metal is more important then plastics and rubber.

You can argue all you want but show me one dodge caravan in ontario with a rust free suspension body and exhaust that are not treated or replaced. I will show you plenty rotting out.

I think the point bmw7 was trying to make was that you can care less about your car in that climate and in the end it will still be cleaner then a car exposed to salts ( not cared for like julians or abusatifs, etc,) Simple. I ll post pics from when i was in california 2 weeks ago and you can judge for your self

As for everyone who got offended, you got to realise that you put alot of work and effort into your cars , where as cars from good climates look extremely good with hardly any work at all, not even a wash.... Simple
AMEN. perfectly said. Ontario cars over 5 years have to be treated so they don't rust, while in southern climates like the US, you don't have any of that.
TNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 05:17 PM   #37
SamE30e
6th Gear Member

Cars in california are cleaner then here. When I was there in December I saw a couple bone stock E30's with not a spot of rust, not even a hint of it.
02 325i Sedan
SamE30e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:32 PM   #38
theox69
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurostyle View Post
Meh, Cali has nothing on us!!!
I didn't know we were allowed to completely red-out our tail lights!?
I thought we had to leave the reverse light, white...
Old 05-09-2009, 08:11 PM   #39
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by theox69 View Post
I didn't know we were allowed to completely red-out our tail lights!?
I thought we had to leave the reverse light, white...
ROFL...if the cops start giving him problems, that would be the LAST thing on the list! Too loud, too low, too fast, etc etc etc!
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X5 M3 M5

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Eurostyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:40 PM   #40
theox69
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurostyle View Post
ROFL...if the cops start giving him problems, that would be the LAST thing on the list! Too loud, too low, too fast, etc etc etc!
Haha, good call!
But seriously, isn't it illegal?
Because I wanted to do it also...
Old 05-10-2009, 03:36 AM   #41
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

I think the OP is just pissed that there is rust on his car

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 04:07 AM   #42
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe View Post
I think the OP is just pissed that there is rust on his car
Most E36 are like that. Look at the older ones how badly rocker panels and trunks are rusted.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 10:07 AM   #43
jreinhard
1st Gear Newbie

Like most places on earth the cost of living in Canada is getting out of hand, itís unbelievable how much taxes we pay here. Allot of people hate our weather but to tell you the truth I really like having 4 seasons, fall rules! The best time of the year. Iíve never been to California, is it anything like Florida? My problem with California would be the Heat, I like the cooler months. But if i lived down there i'd be driving an old school rat rod or something

The East Coast will rot your car; itís very hard to own anything cool here. I DD my e30 all year round. If you have money & garage (I have neither) you could buy a nice rust free car and store it all winter and drive a beater or lease something during the winter. Also it's hard to keep your car looking clean here, the roads are nothing but pot holes very hard on your car....

Also our MVI rules suck! Iíve been reading that they are trying to bring in new rules that will not allow you to have a lowered car or lifted jeep/truck
jreinhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 02:01 PM   #44
344i
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreinhard View Post
Like most places on earth the cost of living in Canada is getting out of hand, it’s unbelievable how much taxes we pay here. Allot of people hate our weather but to tell you the truth I really like having 4 seasons, fall rules! The best time of the year. I’ve never been to California, is it anything like Florida? My problem with California would be the Heat, I like the cooler months. But if i lived down there i'd be driving an old school rat rod or something

The East Coast will rot your car; it’s very hard to own anything cool here. I DD my e30 all year round. If you have money & garage (I have neither) you could buy a nice rust free car and store it all winter and drive a beater or lease something during the winter. Also it's hard to keep your car looking clean here, the roads are nothing but pot holes very hard on your car....

Also our MVI rules suck! I’ve been reading that they are trying to bring in new rules that will not allow you to have a lowered car or lifted jeep/truck

to be honest, there iare no real seasons but the heat is not that excessive. For example, spring on average is 17-19 degrees in the day, and about 14-15 in the night. It gets hotter in the summer, but its dry heat, not humid heat which means less sweat.
344i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 02:22 PM   #45
theox69
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 344i View Post
to be honest, there iare no real seasons but the heat is not that excessive. For example, spring on average is 17-19 degrees in the day, and about 14-15 in the night. It gets hotter in the summer, but its dry heat, not humid heat which means less sweat.
less sweat and more sun burns.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: