Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Sightings
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-29-2009, 08:17 AM   #16
J.Lucas.B
1st Gear Newbie

We're comparing apples and oranges, I don't care if it's the same chassis, a V8 N/A and a twin turbo I6 are built/tuned for entirely different things.

Stephanie - M3's bonuses are not enough to make me spend 20 grand more either, but half a second in 0 - 100 times is a lot
J.Lucas.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:35 AM   #17
Stephanie
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Lucas.B View Post
...but half a second in 0 - 100 times is a lot
I am quite aware that a 0.5s advantage is substantial, but not nearly enough to make me consider spending $20,000 more.

Nor is it enough to give my car an offending "DD" label, from a guy who is "still learning..." and clearly doesn't have his facts straight.

Black Sapphire Metallic | Coral Red | Brushed Aluminium | 6MT | ZSP | ZPP | PDC | Bluetooth
Shadowlines | Matte Grilles | Aero Lip | BMW Performance Pedals | Smoked Reflectors | LLumar Tint 40%
KW V2 | VMR V710 | Super Sports | BMS JB4 | BMS DCIs | HPF Intercooler | UUC EVO3 SSK | UUC RK7 Shift Knob
Stephanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:32 AM   #18
King Luis
The King.

Send a message via MSN to King Luis
not to ruin anyones parade (although the non-m3 e9x cars are great, dad owns one), driving my car and a 330 e46, the feel of non-m to an m car are way different. m cars have a firmer drive and are more capable in the handling department. m cars aren't really drag racers. accelerating in a 335 an a m3 feel different, the 335 just takes you to a fast speed while the m3 gives you a ride on the way there. if that makes sense, both nice cars though. plus, a hot girl and a vert is just a perfect match.

Sold:2004 Silver Gray M3
Mods: Dice Unit, EAS Angel Eyes, Painted Reflectors, CSL Diffuser, Smoked Corners, PSS10s, 15mm Front and 10mm Rear Spacers.

Gone:1990 Brilliantrot 325is
Mods: Alpine speakers and HU, Euro Projectors, Magnaflow Muffler, Euro Smoked Tails and GC Coilovers.
King Luis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:37 AM   #19
xlash
Still learning....

I do take the torque misinformation back, that was a brain cramp on my part, sorry. I didn't mean to offend you by the DD label at all. I have seen a few E9x M3's being driven during winter as well. Wouldn't that be considered a DD? In my opinion a DD is what you make of it. I once went to a Honda meet and this guy with a bolt-on RSX that was for the most part riced out didn't drive his car in the winter. So go figure.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:24 AM   #20
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Luis View Post
not to ruin anyones parade (although the non-m3 e9x cars are great, dad owns one), driving my car and a 330 e46, the feel of non-m to an m car are way different. m cars have a firmer drive and are more capable in the handling department. m cars aren't really drag racers. accelerating in a 335 an a m3 feel different, the 335 just takes you to a fast speed while the m3 gives you a ride on the way there. if that makes sense, both nice cars though. plus, a hot girl and a vert is just a perfect match.
I agree here. E46 M3 is more driver's car. It is always a trade off lol. You want to enjoy the M car for you or you want new 335.
lvan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:35 AM   #21
Stephanie
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlash View Post
I didn't mean to offend you by the DD label at all. I have seen a few E9x M3's being driven during winter as well. Wouldn't that be considered a DD?
perhaps, but i don't drive my car in the winter. i have an SUV for that.

Black Sapphire Metallic | Coral Red | Brushed Aluminium | 6MT | ZSP | ZPP | PDC | Bluetooth
Shadowlines | Matte Grilles | Aero Lip | BMW Performance Pedals | Smoked Reflectors | LLumar Tint 40%
KW V2 | VMR V710 | Super Sports | BMS JB4 | BMS DCIs | HPF Intercooler | UUC EVO3 SSK | UUC RK7 Shift Knob
Old 04-29-2009, 10:59 AM   #22
Seven
Gimme The Keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
correction:
anyway... a "DD" the does 0-100 kms in 5.8 seconds isn't bad IMO... especially since the M3 is rated at 0-100 kms in 5.3 seconds. (E93 Manual 6-Spd Convertible Models Compared)
Oh I missed maxbimmer over my winter hiatus. ... Good job on the fact correction Stephanie! But really? The 335 is rated at 5.8 seconds 0-100? That's quick, but I thought it would be a bit quicker. I've seen my barge tested to reach 60mph in 5.9 (see link) which I find slightly hard to believe given that I've got less bhp, marginally higher torque, and a lot more weight (when compared to a 335). That, and I've been in a 335 accelerating at full tilt, and it felt a heck of a lot faster than my car ... maybe it's just the overly refined ride of the 7 that makes it feel a lot slower ... doubt it.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...ort/index.html
Old 04-30-2009, 01:01 AM   #23
Stephanie
6th Gear Member

Seven, I got the numbers straight off of BMW.ca... And am comparing convertible models. The 335i Coupé, as it is significantly lighter and handles 'better' because of its rigidity, is about 0.5 seconds faster than the Cabriolet, if my memory serves me correctly..

However, there is tons of differing information floating around on the internet and the 0-100 times range by as much as a second!! I just figured BMW themselves would be the most reputable source!

Last edited by Stephanie; 04-30-2009 at 01:05 AM.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:31 AM   #24
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

To all those arguing over .5sec 0-100...What was the last itme any have actually used it, and pushing the car TO the max!??? I'm sure 99.9 would never use it/need it. Unless you take the car to the track....
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E93 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X3 X5 M3 M5 Z4

2nd location opening SOON!!!!

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Eurostyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:51 AM   #25
xlash
Still learning....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurostyle View Post
To all those arguing over .5sec 0-100...What was the last itme any have actually used it, and pushing the car TO the max!??? I'm sure 99.9 would never use it/need it. Unless you take the car to the track....
LOL this a staple of car forums. If people get butthurt over calling their car a DD when they drive it all through the summer then it wouldn't surprise me if the .5 sec makes them feel uber good about their choice of car. To each their own.

Last edited by xlash; 04-30-2009 at 09:53 AM.
xlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:19 AM   #26
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

LOL - I thought those ratings were important for the accerlation/merge lanes of a crowded highway.

'04 645cic
'05 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 CCSB 4x4
'02 Regal LS
'00 740i Sport
slemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:47 AM   #27
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by slemmer View Post
LOL - I thought those ratings were important for the accerlation/merge lanes of a crowded highway.
^ At least you can enjoy 7 series baller status.
lvan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:13 AM   #28
Seven
Gimme The Keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
Seven, I got the numbers straight off of BMW.ca... And am comparing convertible models. The 335i Coupé, as it is significantly lighter and handles 'better' because of its rigidity, is about 0.5 seconds faster than the Cabriolet, if my memory serves me correctly..

However, there is tons of differing information floating around on the internet and the 0-100 times range by as much as a second!! I just figured BMW themselves would be the most reputable source!
Right, yeah after I posted I thought the weight of the cab might have something to do with it. And yes, there are many differing reports out there on the net. To be honest, the one I posted about the e38 sport is the best one I've found. Usually I see ratings just over 6 seconds.

All this talk is making the F01/02 seem all the more impressive too! - at least to me.
750 --> 0-100 in 5.4
760 --> 0-100 in 4.6
Big engines ... but big cars! ... And unfortunately - big price tags.

Regardless of specs and actual performance numbers, the 335 is a nice ride! ... I'm a big fan!

Last edited by Seven; 04-30-2009 at 11:22 AM.
Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 03:46 PM   #29
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven View Post
750 --> 0-100 in 5.4
760 --> 0-100 in 4.6
Big engines ... but big cars! ... And unfortunately - big price tags.
!
Don't forget: more cyl = more displacement = more gas = less $$ in the wallet

'04 645cic
'05 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 CCSB 4x4
'02 Regal LS
'00 740i Sport
slemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:15 PM   #30
xlash
Still learning....

Quote:
Originally Posted by slemmer View Post
Don't forget: more cyl = more displacement = more gas = less $$ in the wallet
I went from a 2.0L I4 cylinder to a 2.5L I6 and my fuel economy improved. My point is that intuitively and with all things equal you are correct but how the engine and drive train is tuned plays a role as does minor things like aerodynamics etc.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: