Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > BMW News
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-09-2009, 03:16 AM   #16
c4sh
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiroE36 View Post
perfect family car? i think so
indeed
c4sh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:39 AM   #17
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
damn none pics work

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:05 PM   #18
TNation
Banned

My personal take on the two sav's or suv's
I love the X5. Looks sooo good. The X6 has always looked fugly to me, but the X6 M looks a little better. Still looks terrible.
Both are crazy powerful, and are going to be unreal fast. I don't get the real purpose, besides being stupid fast, but I'm not complaining! haha
M badge's don't belong on SUV's either, and that's probably my biggest gripe.
TNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 04:09 AM   #19
REXPWR
3rd Gear Member

I would rather get the New Audi Q7 V12 TDI 500hp, 730 or so ft lbs of torque, bigger brakes etc. I think it looks better too but thats my opinion on the styling.
REXPWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 02:17 AM   #20
AMG_POWER
500HP Member

From Auto Shanghai 2009, BMW Group Press Conference: Speech by Ian Robertson, Member of the Board of Management of BMW AG, Sales and Marketing.

X5 M specific part of speech:

.......Ian Robertson: I promised you a second world premiere today – and here you have the BMW X5 M: Since this is an extremely sporty vehicle, we asked one of the world’s best drivers to take it out for a test drive.

Ladies and Gentlemen, please join me in welcoming BMW Sauber Team driver Nick Heidfeld.

Nick, tell us what it feels like to drive the BMW X5 M.

Nick Heidfeld: I can definitely say that the BMW X5 M is an absolutely sporty vehicle.
This car is a lot of fun for a serious driver like me to handle. The BMW M engineers have really done an outstanding job.

The M TwinPower turbo engine is extremely impressive. Its 4.4 litre engine develops a maximum performance of 555 horsepower and maximum torque of 680 Newton metres. With that kind of performance it could definitely compete on the racetrack.

And speaking of racetrack: I wasn’t at all surprised to hear that the BMW X5 M matched the performance of the previous BMW M3 on the famous Northern Loop at the Nürburgring in Germany. In other words, this Sports Activity Vehicle boasts the same dynamic driving performance as a sports coupe. Supremely sporty – what else can I say?

Ian Robertson
Thanks a lot, Nick. It was a pleasure having you here today.

It’s great to hear a Formula 1 driver confirm that the BMW X5 M is racetrack-material. By the way, the M engineers also used the feedback they got from Nick Heidfeld to give the engine some additional fine-tuning.

Another just as perfectly executed and extremely sporty vehicle is the BMW X6 M which we are also presenting for the first time in Asia here today.

What makes M vehicles so fascinating?

It is the harmony of the overall concept. That means all components are perfectly aligned with one another.

An M vehicle is more than just the most powerful model in a series – and that is precisely what distinguishes our product offering from our competitors.

10 years ago, BMW’s X5 redefined the SUV segment by emerging as the first SAV, or Sports Activity Vehicle, on the market. Just in the first quarter of this year, BMW sold worldwide more X5 and X6 models than all of our direct competitors combined.

These new models, the BMW X5 M and the BMW X6 M display an agility not previously seen in this segment. You could say they are redefining the segment for high-performance SAVs.

These vehicles are not only setting the benchmark for emissions and fuel economy at that level of performance but are the most economical vehicles in their class.

BMW M also stands for innovation. New technologies ensure ideal development of the engine power in both the X5 M and the X6 M.
AMG_POWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 12:04 PM   #21
TheMadChigga
Taiwan Panda Racing Unit.

Send a message via ICQ to TheMadChigga Send a message via AIM to TheMadChigga Send a message via MSN to TheMadChigga
It needs 410mm rotors with EVO12 calipers.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:26 PM   #22
AMG_POWER
500HP Member

The BMW X5M and X6M are all about excess. Excess power (if that's possible), excess girth, and, as we already knew, excess cost. BimmerFile is reporting that the X5M will ding your budget to the tune of $85,400, while the X6M will set you back $88,900. And anyone that has ever priced out a Bimmer with options knows that those prodigious figures are only the baseline of what will no doubt be two even more expensive BMWs.

But for nearly $90,000, you get what, for now, are the two most powerful BMWs on the road. Both models will reap the benefits of a 555 hp, 500 lb-ft twin turbo 4.4L V8. That's 55 hp and 105 lb-ft more than the M5 or M6; two vehicles that cost more than their crossover counterparts. The M treatment will also add more aggressive aesthetics, torque-vectoring AWD, and massive 15.6 inch front rotors to help these flying bricks stop on a dime (or 900,000 dimes, really). Does that make the X5M and X6M a compelling value? If you're in the market for a 550 hp crossover, we guess so, because outside of the substantially more expensive Porsche Cayenne Turbo S ($124,000) these new Bimmers are the only other family-haulers with that kind of muscle.
AMG_POWER is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: