Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > Supporting Vendor Comments/Feedback > Bimmersport Automotive
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 05:34 AM   #16
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

The question here is whether there was a material or installation issue to address. It may be coincidental the motor blew because it was it's time. Who knows what the history was o the donated motor? If the motor was sold as working, and it left as working after the swap, then obviously a post mortum needs to be done to determine the cause, otherwise, just swapping another motor could lead to the same result and further frustration. I'm sure customer service will prevail at the end and both parties will be happy with the outcome.

'04 645cic
'05 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 CCSB 4x4
'02 Regal LS
'00 740i Sport
Old 04-22-2009, 08:57 AM   #17
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

E30Blue,

I am going after your friend because I am concerned about his after-thoughts...it's not like I am chasing after anyone with a car problem. The reason any of this came up, its because it was brought up..and not from Bushan (even when he came to the shop a week or so ago - not one word about this).

Bushan,

Like I just mentioned, the reason why I am comming off this way is because when you came to the shop you didnt even mention this! You even asked us for qoutes, which I respect your loyalty to us) but I dont get why you didnt say anything to us face to face, at least this whole situation wouldnt be blown out of proportion. I mean, your the one person he knows who is the most concerned since it was your referal, I just think you would have mentioned it if this is all recent talk between whoever.

3g's is a lot of money, but it isnt my problem if he only has that amount and cant afford anything there after. My problem is the mechanics, not personal financial situations. I know it is a result of his predicament but you cannot factor personal issues into the situation. Despite that, we arent tight when it comes to billing...as you know and many know we are flexable (depending on the situation!! - dont get ideas guys :p)

Now the questionability of good work is being brought up, I thought this was an issue of customer service? As others mentioned, parts may fail, engines may fail, but it isnt a question of installation...more a question of hardware condition.

As you can see the people who got their engine swapped are happy customers, but there has also been times where swaps come back with an issue. The point being, those customers dealt with the matter appropriately and their problem has been solved.

The problem with me wasnt sharing the experience, as you can see in my previous posts..."...naturally anyone will be upset. Please state where he is told he has to pay for another $3000 for a swap. If he was (which he was not) then by all means post, be upset, share your experience."

I even said the same words, my point is that behind the keyboard, or to someone elses face the true feelings come out...and to someone who takes care of your car, it isnt the best thing to do. Only because

1 - your problem wont be solved
2 - your pointlessly and without comming to a solution, hurting the reputation that takes people countless hours to build - and I think I can speak for all shops when I say this.

I know I am the mechanic, but when it comes down to this I am not only a mechanic. Questions are asked as a means of comming to a conclusion/realization of the matter. I am asking you the questions because you fail to realize still that it isnt a "crappy swap" or a "bad job" it is a part that went down the drain. What does that have to do with the manner in how it is installed? I am trying to address the issue of the parts going bad, not how clean the swap is as that wasnt your arguement.

Either way, posting on here isnt doing ANYTHING for your friend but making a good lunch time break for the people on max.

My advice is tell your friend to call us or come by, because the whole point of this was to clear this issue up. This happenned almost 7 months ago or more, and we never heard back from him after he took the car the 2nd time...now hearing it from someone else we would still like to fix it for him - even though there is no receipts, verbal contracts are still valid (well, for some people at least )

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Old 04-22-2009, 09:14 AM   #18
325ixE30
3rd Gear Member

When you find a good mechanic/shop that does good work, stick with them.

Everyone makes mistakes. Things happen. Unexpected problems are part of owning a car.

The difference is how you deal with those problems not that they happen.

I've been on the raw end of many bad deals. Best thing to do is take emotion out of it, and come up with a compromise. There shouldn't be any "winners" or "losers" in this type of situation.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:01 AM   #19
E30 Girl
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to E30 Girl
I have been dealing with Charlie for about 10 years and I have NEVER had a problem with the work that he does. He is fair and always goes the extra mile.

I also understand that when you are using used parts they can fail and unfortunetly that is life! If you want to avoid this then you spend the extra money for new.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:03 AM   #20
e30blue
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullett View Post
no no no, no fanboyism! i love drama, hahaha..and yes..it seems there is some sort of a loose cannon feeding some info....mmmmmm this can either get really out of hand or can be kept in the bag.......muahahaha
Grow up
Old 04-22-2009, 11:22 AM   #21
e36_freak
Mostly absent

Send a message via ICQ to e36_freak Send a message via MSN to e36_freak
Quote:
Originally Posted by E30 Girl View Post
I have been dealing with Charlie for about 10 years and I have NEVER had a problem with the work that he does. He is fair and always goes the extra mile.

I also understand that when you are using used parts they can fail and unfortunetly that is life! If you want to avoid this then you spend the extra money for new.
can't believe i am saying this but i agree with her. Bimmersport & Charlie +1 great guy great work never had any problems.

[M]i[K]E[][M]i[K]E[]
Old 04-22-2009, 11:29 AM   #22
325ixE30
3rd Gear Member

To be fair, can anyone afford a "new" S52?

The best you can do is a full diagnostic of the engine before hand: compression, leak down, etc.

If you're really lucky you might find one with a service history, but not a new one.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:50 AM   #23
Robb
EX E30 M3 Owner

+1 for Charlie ! Old school maxbimmer member !
Old 04-22-2009, 12:32 PM   #24
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

this seems to be something that should be delt with from the person who had the work done and the shop.

It is understandable to get upset about things going wrong, but you need to find out the reason it went wrong.

Unless a motor is rebuilt before its swapped or new with a warranty, you are using a used part which could fail at any time. THIS IS A RISK ONE TAKES WITH USED PARTS!!!! Its a risk we all take. Thats why USED parts don't come with a warranty. If he had the swap done with a new motor it would have cost him $8000 plus, so he took the chance with a used motor.

Alot of people don't like to take responibilty for not researching things by themselve's. They go in blind about getting work done on their car, and then never take any responibilty for what happens after.

Used parts = lower cost but higher risk

new parts = higher cost but lower risk

Never strech your money so thin for you car that if something goes wrong you are in trouble. Cars break, parts fail, things blow up welcome to modified cars!!!!!!!
Old 04-22-2009, 01:17 PM   #25
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
If he had the swap done with a new motor it would have cost him $8000 plus, so he took the chance with a used motor.
I was going to say, $3k for a swaps sounds reasonable, what engine was it? was that cost including the engine?

I haven't had a swap done...yet (I'd like to try to do one myself actually), but I've seen an m52 swap into an e30 that was done at bimmersport, it ran flawlessly and cost somewhere in the $5-6k range that includes the engine which was purchased elsewhere. As mentioned above thou, it's important to have the proper tests done on the engine before hand and to replace potential failrue items when the engine is out like ignition wires, hoses...etc.

The internet is bad for situations like this.
Good luck.
Old 04-22-2009, 01:40 PM   #26
greekthang
6th Gear Member

Wow I have read all posts on here and this seems to be a situation that the owner of the car should go deal with the owner of the shop. All this bullsh*t posting on here trying to tarnish as far as I am concerned an incredible shop with exceptional work ethics and customer support. If you have an issue dont go posting your issues on a open forum. Sh*t does happen and in this case this is an example of that but if you trusted a shop to do your swap for you what would make you think that you cant trust the owner to make it right when things fails ?? When you start dropping cash to make things go fast be prepared to back that when thing dont go right.

Last edited by greekthang; 04-22-2009 at 01:59 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 01:49 PM   #27
bullett
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by E30 Girl View Post

Well then , with that prissy mentality, lets all go buy new cars when our cars need parts no? Jesus...

To E30blue:

Chupamelo amigo. Carry on
Old 04-22-2009, 03:26 PM   #28
ACS_DAN
16/F/Cali

Send a message via MSN to ACS_DAN
There's this mentality going around with most people here that if you've had a good experience with a shop than it's going to be the same for everybody. That's not the case, and truthfully a testament of character for justification was left in the med evil times for a reason.

Just because you had your motor swapped in the past and it's been going good for you doesn't mean that Bushan is in the wrong. What's wrong with him voicing his frustration with the matter? In truth, I think if this happened to some of you, you'd also want to voice your experience as well. Why should you guys look down your noses at his friend for buying a "used" motor? Which from what I've read was sourced by Bimmersport, Now I'm not bashing them or anything of that nature but when you ask a reputable shop or any shop for that matter to source a motor for you, you expect them to use their expertise to find you something suitable because that's essentially what you're paying them for... if not then it would be plausible for one to do the swap and find a suitable motor themselves.

I am in no way taking sides but I can definitely see where the frustration comes from, people pay proper money for things to be done because they don't exactly have the knowledge, time or whatever it may be to do so themselves, so you go to professionals and you open up your wallet in doing so.

I do sincerely hope that both sides can come to an equitable solution and this can all be solved in a timely fashion.

I just found the mentality of some of the comments here a bit disturbing as I thought we were all adults here. It reminds me of "Ohhh I can't get into a accident because I drive carfully and have been accident free for 10 years" or times on the playground where us kids would say something like "My dad's better than your dad" and a rebuttle would be "No, My dad's better than your dad because my dad works here" etc. I wasn't really involved in that because I was snapping kids for their Jello but whatever =p.

You can't please everybody, that's just life.

95 530i|Modifications - Work.

Last edited by ACS_DAN; 04-22-2009 at 03:29 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:24 PM   #29
e30blue
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny_blaze View Post
E30Blue,

I am going after your friend because I am concerned about his after-thoughts...it's not like I am chasing after anyone with a car problem. The reason any of this came up, its because it was brought up..and not from Bushan (even when he came to the shop a week or so ago - not one word about this).
Quick question,
He brought the car back with knocking coming from the motor, you guys charged him another $250 bucks and still there was knocking. Then you guys wanted more cash to open up the motor. When he refused to spend the EXTRA money at your shop, you returned the keys to him and let him take the car.
So knowing that the car was still having problems and still knocking how come you weren't concerned about his "after thoughts" then but only now that it has become a public issue?

Quote:
3g's is a lot of money, but it isnt my problem if he only has that amount and cant afford anything there after.
If your shop quoted him 3 grand for the swap, why is it that he should HAVE to afford anything there after? He paid what you asked, but bimmersport did not deliver on their end of the deal.

Quote:
Now the questionability of good work is being brought up, I thought this was an issue of customer service? As others mentioned, parts may fail, engines may fail, but it isnt a question of installation...more a question of hardware condition.
CUSTOMER SERVICE? After the car left your lot the shop did absolutely nothing to attempt to fix the problem except try to squeeze more money out of him.

HARDWARE CONDITION? He got the parts from your shop. Isnt it up to you guys to ensure that the motor you,re providing is in good working order.

Quote:
As you can see the people who got their engine swapped are happy customers, but there has also been times where swaps come back with an issue. The point being, those customers dealt with the matter appropriately and their problem has been solved.
How was he to deal with this appropriately? How about bringing the car back, when the problem arised, to your shop to have the issue resolved and nothing was done to fix it.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:25 PM   #30
damameke
6th Gear Member

Realistically.. every problem can be solved, some might just take
abit longer,

it's sad that another max sponsor has to defend itself openly
(remember the thread of ASPTuning - bad parts etc etc and Steve has to
defend his customer service).

from what I had read abut Bimmsersport, (I dont use them) I believed they probably would obliged to get this behind them

having said that.. I believed towards the end. it wil be resolved and I would love
to see a post of "happy ending thread".

Hmmmm.. should I have bimmersport maintain my car ???? ha ha Kidding

Last edited by damameke; 04-22-2009 at 05:30 PM.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: