Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-26-2003, 04:12 PM   #31
Foc us
4th Gear Member

GRECO........I HATE YOU!!!!! I'm paying more than that for my SUV wannabe
Foc us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 04:15 PM   #32
tlaselva
1800+ HP Driveway

Send a message via MSN to tlaselva
Quote:
Originally posted by punnzzells
I HOPE THAT SOME OF YOU CANADIANS LOOK AT THIS AND A LIGHT GOES ON...... IT'S GOT TO STOP OR THIS COUNTRY IS DONE.....

And.... I am going to the States tomorrow... I am embarassed to say that I am Canadian.... after Chretien and his f'ing lack of support with the usa.... I am glad the Us embassy in toronto acknowledged it and I got new for you Canada... don't turn to the USA if and when someone f's with you.... i will be the 1st American to turn my back on ALL of you!

Mike.
Quote:
Originally posted by Foc us
As for the invasion thingie, I'd rather US take over Canada, since we're all over taxed, our government is weak and doesn't want to help our neighbour (which 90% of our money come from the states) and we're getting more and more moronic laws.
I can understand youíre pissed off at the Insurance companies, but that's no reason to start bashing Canada.

I'm sick and tired of hearing about why Canada's so broken.
I don't like Cretien any more than any of you. I'm also embarrassed that Canada won't support the US in their fight against terrorism. Yes, our government is run by mostly self-serving politicians. Yes Canada does have it's issues. But every country out there, including the US has its fair share.
If you think Canada's that bad, then go. Go to the US, if you think its utopia.

I for one am glad I live in Canada, and IMO, think it's the best country, and would compare it to any country out there!

2010 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport

2010 GSX-R 750

2003 C5 Z06
LS7 427CI w/ECS Novi 2000 : Caravaggio Widebody and Full Leather & Alcantra Interior
903rwhp/815rwtq : 10.3@152mph
tlaselva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 05:27 PM   #33
Foc us
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tlaselva
Go to the US, if you think its utopia.

I don't think US is a utopia but one thing for sure, our government stinks!
Ever read the news in the past week about some guy in parliament spends huge amount of money in some auto restore shop for some unrelated research?? And now we're spending another 59M on gun registry?? We're the heaviest taxed civillian in this world and we're still in huge debt, does it sound right to you?
I'm not bashing Canada, but our government needs a kick in the balls HARD!
Old 03-26-2003, 05:39 PM   #34
maverick
5th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to maverick
I agree we should have supported the war and cretien or how ever you spell it is the biggest d ick of all time. BUT THE THING THAT DRIVES ME THE MOST CRAZY IS ALL THESE ANTI WAR PROTESTERS BLOCKING TRAFFIC AND CREATING HAVOC IN A COUNTRY THAT ISN'T EVEN INVOLVED IN THE WAR. GET A F"ING LIFE YOU DONT AGREE WITH THIS WAR FINE GO PROTEST IN BUFFALO. OH YEA yes the taxes suck but have fun back in the states dont get hurt.....GOT A SERIOUS ACCIDENT VICTIM HERE NEEDS TREATMENT.....geez that sucks his insurance says he cant be treated here only half way across the state. hope he lives. If nothing else you cant beat our health care system.

PIMP'N AIN'T EASY
especially in a sunturd
maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 05:45 PM   #35
tlaselva
1800+ HP Driveway

Quote:
Originally posted by Foc us
I'm not bashing Canada, but our government needs a kick in the balls HARD!
Agreed.

IMO, I think we need a government that is more accountable.
Too many politicians that do what is not necessarily correct, but what will make them popular (Opinion polls).
Let's face it. Politicians know that the Gun Regestry is a joke. But opinion polls show more are in favor than against.
Direct support for US War, same thing.

Also don't forget, we have a population here in Canada that is more in favor of Liberalism than Conservatism. It's just as much the populationís fault we have what we have in government. Remember, the people voted Cretien's party in, even after the GST Fiasco, and a few other inexcusable blunders.

2010 GSX-R 750

2003 C5 Z06
LS7 427CI w/ECS Novi 2000 : Caravaggio Widebody and Full Leather & Alcantra Interior

Last edited by tlaselva; 03-26-2003 at 05:50 PM.
Old 03-26-2003, 05:48 PM   #36
Foc us
4th Gear Member

AMEN!
Old 03-26-2003, 05:49 PM   #37
maverick
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tlaselva
Agreed.

IMO, I think we need a government that is more accountable.
Too many politicians that do what is not necessarily correct for the country, but what will make them popular (Opinion polls).

Also don't forget, we have a population here in Canada that is more in favor of Liberalism than Conservatism. It's just as much the populationís fault we have what we have in government. Remember, the people voted Cretien's party in, even after the GST Fiasco, and a few other inexcusable blunders.
I also agree we need less dummies voting themselves raises. maybe a few more people that actually give a rip about the country,more then filling there own pockets.

PIMP'N AIN'T EASY
especially in a sunturd
Old 03-26-2003, 05:58 PM   #38
maverick
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bennyred5
I had the same problem..I got 6 tickets in a year and they raised my insurance so much I had to sell my car...I got kicked off my parents policy....the only place that insure me was something called "facility"...basically if you want insurance they can charge you whatever they want and then on top it the government makes it "the law" that you have to have insurance...f*&king Canadian Gov't....

I love my country but I am tired of being over taxed, under paid, over worked, paying too much for car parts I order them from the US....my wife won't move to the US....at least they stick together..Canadians sit on the fench and screw each other...which other country gives anyone instant OHIP, welfare yada yada as soon as they land on Cdn soil and makes it's own tax paying citizens pay for all this when they sponsor someone legally like I did (my wife..)...

What can you do????
Well it makes sence...who needs an army when you have EVERY ethnic background living here who's going to bomb us????bomb us bomb your own people...I think that was the logic behind the welfare system??? As for the insurance should it be legally binding that you have it im not sure I think I would take it any way just to save myself from all the get rich quick I got whiplash a$$holes out there. PEACE

PIMP'N AIN'T EASY
especially in a sunturd
Old 03-26-2003, 06:01 PM   #39
tlaselva
1800+ HP Driveway

Quote:
Originally posted by maverick
I also agree we need less dummies voting themselves raises. maybe a few more people that actually give a rip about the country,more then filling there own pockets.
As much as government officials voting themselves raises, it isn't as clear cut as just lining their own pockets.
IMO, too many people with good common sense and a sense of integrity do not get into politics, cuz it pays poor, compared to the public sector.
I know of two ex. Government officials that left politics. It was unfortunate cuz they are the kind of people we need in politics, unfaltering integrity, and good common sense. Why did they leave? Well, the pay was so poor in politics that they both left for good paying jobs in the public sector that was offered to them. One of them makes 2 1/2 times more, the other just over 3 times.
Yes, politicians have their perks, but in the end, it seems to me the only people that stay in politics long enough to make anything for themselves are people that couldn't make it in the real world, &/or people that have such an over-bloated ego, that anything short of being in Federal politics is a failure to them.

2010 GSX-R 750

2003 C5 Z06

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: