Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 5 series
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-23-2009, 11:21 AM   #1
georgost
2nd Gear Member

2003 540i M pars...what are they worth

Hey guys,

Looking at upgrading the rims on my car, and decided that the only way to get what I want will be if I sell the stock 18" M pars. Any idea what they are worth, what I should ask for them?

They are real, not replicas, 18 x 8" front, 18 x 9" rear, style 37 dual-spoke. Not sure what the offset is. Rubber included, with 265/35R18 Contisport out back and 235/40R18 Michelin Pilot A/S upfront. Tires have prob 70% life left. I believe one rim has a bit of rash (2"-3").

Please provide opinions.
georgost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:56 PM   #2
Fern
2nd Gear Member

For the wheels if they are originals then worth $180-250/ea for the tires... $130-150 each

My guess, all depends how bad the seller wants to get rid of them..

Let us know how you made out

'99 BMW 540i6 (black on black)
'99 Lexus Rx300
Fern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:16 AM   #3
porksoda
2nd Gear Member

The only side to buying used wheels/tires is what if they have micro bends so the tire would be a pita to balance if you are lucky they can be decent... but in toronto the way our roads are id be a bit cautious.

Also those low dealers that sell cars they sometimes keep the extra wheels and send them separately i have seen the m5 m pars go for as low as 1400ish with rubbers on them.
porksoda is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: