Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-05-2009, 12:48 PM   #16
rodo
6th Gear Member

ahahahah that video is amazing

2010 Expedition

Objects in mirror are farther than they appear Only in a BMW

rodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 03:25 PM   #17
Trouble65
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiMMie View Post
you do this.

Darn! How did I miss that one. Great video. Good for her. However how does she explain to her husband about the tow truck attached to her vehicle. Also how much do you charge the towing company for a tow and not to mention other expenses.
Trouble65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 03:37 PM   #18
spoony_prelude
Eurowerke

One time those ****ers from JP towing took my car. I got to the pound 23 min after the car had been dropped off. I had to pay $138 for 23 mins! Anyways. I had a small crack on my bumper from before which i tried blaming on them. The guy gave me this stupid form I had to fill out. the form was litterally in 10 Font Both sided!!! It would honestly take you 45 mins to fill this shit out it was like signing for a mortgage! Anyways So the guy tells me to fill it out, it will then be sent to who ever deals with claims, and I would have to wait for a phone call, and also that there is no time guerentee for the call, it could be in 2 weeks or 2 years.

So I walked out slamming the door!

And yes most of their guys are criminals!

Jay
Old 03-05-2009, 03:49 PM   #19
punnzzells
Banned

Send a message via MSN to punnzzells Send a message via Yahoo to punnzzells
I heard from a lawyer that you can let the car get towed.... then go down to the tow yard and tell them to release your car or else you are calling the cops and charging them with theft....

how?

simple... you are innocent until proven guilty in this country... just b/c you have a parking ticket does not mean that you are guilty .. you have your right to a trial. The towing company will tell you that you are screwed.. blah, blah... but call the cops... you may wait 3 hours for the cops to come.. .but they have to release your car. The charges are automobile theft and extorsion..... it's up to the Tow truck company to follow up with you and the court system to see if you are guilty or not... at that point if you are guilty, you have to pay the fine and tow charges.

BTW... the lawyer that told me about this.. .did it... and he's not a young guy... in his 50's... so always be professional and non abussive when doing this if you are younger.
punnzzells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 03:49 PM   #20
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
^^the right thing to do is to refuse accepting the car. One of my friends did this (he was going to europe for a few weeks, didn't have anywhere to keep the car. He told them the bumper is cracked, they told him the same thing, fill out forms, bla bla bla). He told them he wont be taking the car back until its repaired.

It took a few weeks, but the car was fixed, at their expense (by european), before he came home.

i ****ing hate tow truck drivers with a passion. I encourage everyone to **** them over as much as possible (Especially if you're ****ing over the COMPANY, and not specific people. Everyone needs to work, right?)

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 01:50 PM   #21
summit425
Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by punnzzells View Post
I heard from a lawyer that you can let the car get towed.... then go down to the tow yard and tell them to release your car or else you are calling the cops and charging them with theft....

how?

simple... you are innocent until proven guilty in this country... just b/c you have a parking ticket does not mean that you are guilty .. you have your right to a trial. The towing company will tell you that you are screwed.. blah, blah... but call the cops... you may wait 3 hours for the cops to come.. .but they have to release your car. The charges are automobile theft and extorsion..... it's up to the Tow truck company to follow up with you and the court system to see if you are guilty or not... at that point if you are guilty, you have to pay the fine and tow charges.

BTW... the lawyer that told me about this.. .did it... and he's not a young guy... in his 50's... so always be professional and non abussive when doing this if you are younger.

so if this happens to me what should I tell to cops? someone stoled my car? or a towing company stoled my car?
summit425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 01:55 PM   #22
punnzzells
Banned

Send a message via MSN to punnzzells Send a message via Yahoo to punnzzells
you should be on site at the tow truck company and tell them to release your car.... then if they don't... call the cops and tell them that you want to report someone has taken your car and they have it and want you to pay money to get it back....
punnzzells is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: