Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-14-2009, 08:40 PM   #16
biginstreets
bitches love me!

stop being such a vagina and tell your friend exactly how you feel. make your so called friend understand your point of view. a true friend would understand and do whatever to acheive their goals without putting a burden on you.
biginstreets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 09:54 PM   #17
sirex
King Sirex

I did... the first thing i said to him was no i wont sign it and gave him my reasons. I told him ill think about it for a little bit first. i just want to know what others think because Ive never really dealt with BS in the work place to this extent. see the different sides and consider things.
Old 02-14-2009, 11:40 PM   #18
StikiGreenZ
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to StikiGreenZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
However my friend who was at the top of the list was taking classes during the summer and could not work Thursday all day.
Quote:

Now my friend is complaining saying that sould never have happened because he would have worked thursday if he was asked too.
Your friend's contradicting himself (or your story is anyway). Based on these 2 opposing statements, friend or no friend, I wouldn't sign it.

BMW 645i - Black on Red
Range Rover Sport - Black on Black
StikiGreenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 12:35 AM   #19
El Gato Liso
6th Gear Member

*ahem*

in the end, its all about yourself. you're working for YOU not anyone else. dont sign shit.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:01 PM   #20
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

Rules are there for a reason and are black and white. Go around the rules and policy and you affect the purpose of why it was there in the first place. Business is business. Don't sign.

'04 645cic
'05 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 CCSB 4x4
'00 740i Sport
slemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 03:49 PM   #21
niko_gt
6th Gear Member

If you respect yourself you shouldnt sign. **** him.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:10 PM   #22
TNation
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko_gt View Post
If you respect yourself you shouldnt sign. **** him.
agreed.
TNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 04:55 PM   #23
David
2nd Gear Member

It sounds like your friend rightfully lost their seniority. They were taking classes and were unable to work on Thursday, hence seniority lost. Now they want you to sign a piece of paper to help them get back what they justifiably lost? And do they realize that their selfishness and attempt to weasel their seniority back will screw you over? If they do realize this, then **** them. This person is not your friend. They only care about/wants to take care of them self. You should do the same thing. If you don't take care of yourself, no one else will. You'll just have people like your "friend" trying to take advantage of you and walk all over you for the rest of your life.

Now if your friend lost their spot unjustifiably, then yes, you should consider helping them out. But even then don't necessarily sign the paper. Ask yourself if this person is really a good friend and if they'd do the same thing for you? If you think so, then sign it. If not, then **** them.

Administrator on DetailersClub.com
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 01:04 AM   #24
6appeal
3rd Gear Member

Just tell your friend that you don't want to give him an answer for the sake of the friendship and explain the double standard: Both possible outcomes involve one person being at a disadvantage because of decision the other made while knowing the consequences. If something like that transpires, it's going to be harder to be friends. Ask him if he values your friendship enough not to put you in a situation when you're faced a decision like that.

If he insists on an answer, then tell him the friendship is over and not sign obviously. He can't expect you to sympathize when he's getting it easier even so far as to put yourself at a disadvantage for his seemingly undeserved gain. If the rules were followed then squabbles like this would be avoided. So now there is potential animosity in the workplace that could go further on to waste union time.
6appeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 01:15 PM   #25
GregD
2nd Gear Member

Get a new job.
GregD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 01:23 PM   #26
Fel
Not Banned

Don't sign it.

The manager and your friend put themselves into this position in the first place. If they can't get themselves out of it on their own, tough shit. Life sucks. In all fairness, he shouldn't have been given any special privileges in the first place. Therefore, he deserves to be at the bottom of the totem.

If he was that good a friend, he wouldn't put this pressure on you. If he's that good a friend, he'll realize it's his own fault and get over it. He has no reason to blame you, only himself.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:46 PM   #27
MiroE36
6th Gear Member

I personally would not sign the paper... there are only a few people in this world that I would sign something like that for... and that is only life-long friends, not co-workers

MiroE36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:23 PM   #28
sirex
King Sirex

Just a heads up. I didn't sign the paper. Told him why, and told him pretty much that this is between him and the manager and should never have been put this infront of me in the first place, regardless of who is right or wrong. I also stated that I want nothing to do with this at all. I told him that if he were to go to the union and win his case, I would support him having his rank restored, but otherwise asking me sign the paper isn't the right thing to do.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:01 AM   #29
craigIS
A.K.A. crossfire291

Send a message via MSN to craigIS
Quote:
Just a heads up. I didn't sign the paper. Told him why, and told him pretty much that this is between him and the manager and should never have been put this infront of me in the first place, regardless of who is right or wrong. I also stated that I want nothing to do with this at all. I told him that if he were to go to the union and win his case, I would support him having his rank restored, but otherwise asking me sign the paper isn't the right thing to do.
^^^ good!

i would never sign something like that for a lot of the people i call friends. its just that they wouldnt do it for me.

i would only sign that paper if i knew the person would do the same if the situation was reversed.

the policy is there for a reason. he should realize that if the manager didnt do what he did, he would be where he is right now anyway.

i think you made a good choice. for you anyway. if your friend is gonna get mad over work and money, then he doesnt care about you. thats just my take on it.

flickr
craigIS is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: