Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-11-2009, 11:41 AM   #16
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkieMoscow View Post
Okay, seriously, get the geezers off the road. I swear I'd drive closer to a drunk driver than I would a 80+ driver. It's so dangerous. I think if you're over the ago of 70 there should be a mandatory driving test every 10 years (paid by gov of course). No joke.
They do have mandatory driving tests and its not every 10 years its ever year or every 4. I remember my great aunt had to go through this.

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:44 AM   #17
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendered View Post

What I really hate are those morons who sit like ducks in the passing lanes, doing less than the speed limit, and they never move over, no matter who's behind them. Most of the time, I find, its always the foreigners. (maybe they pay for their licenses, or goto the driving schools who don't teach them the far left lane is for passing only and to move the hell over to the right?!)
omg do I ever hate that.

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 12:42 PM   #18
maroli
6th Gear Member

I bet Sir Stirling Moss could outdrive everyone here.
Old 02-11-2009, 06:07 PM   #19
damameke
6th Gear Member

What goes around comes around..

We all will be old eventually, the younger generation at that time when you are will complain about your driving skill too.

Will you then hang up your driving license?
damameke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 06:45 PM   #20
sirex
King Sirex

Quote:
Originally Posted by damameke View Post
What goes around comes around..

We all will be old eventually, the younger generation at that time when you are will complain about your driving skill too.

Will you then hang up your driving license?
no ill just hang my self at that age.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:45 PM   #21
craigIS
A.K.A. crossfire291

Send a message via MSN to craigIS
i dont think that old ppl are dangerous, i think that some may be, but not all. im more afraid of young drivers who think they are invincible. they text while driving, they have no reguard for ppl around them, they speed down every street no matter what area they are in, and everything on the road is someone elses fault, never theirs.....young drivers like that need to be controlled more than old drivers.

flickr
craigIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:42 PM   #22
dtthiaga
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendered View Post
You guys hate the old people on the road, and the Old people on the road hate you young kids. Goes both ways.

Not all old people are bad drivers, Some I know were flying airplanes/jets, and driving tanks before you were all even born, and some still can out drive most people.

You gotta stick up for the old people sometimes. We wouldn't be here if it weren't for them. They could easily be your grandparents too.

I agree, some shouldn't be driving late at night, they don't see as well, and its close to their bed times. Most of them know better, travel during the day, relax at home during the evenings and nights.

On another note:

What I really hate are those morons who sit like ducks in the passing lanes, doing less than the speed limit, and they never move over, no matter who's behind them. Most of the time, I find, its always the foreigners. (maybe they pay for their licenses, or goto the driving schools who don't teach them the far left lane is for passing only and to move the hell over to the right?!)
We will all get old. I hope I'm smart enough to hang up my license when it's time.

As for left lane blockers, I see more BMW & Mercedes drivers these days blocking the left lane. The worst is they speed up when you try to pass to block you off.

Also popular blockers are:
Women in SUVS,
Middle Aged Men in Pickups
White Cargo Vans
Greyhound Bus Driver
dtthiaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 04:28 AM   #23
Fe9L
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castel View Post
And the OPP could magically catch them how? Sometimes people, like the OP, take time out of their day to prevent shit from happening.

Yeah obviously, and thats why i said give the car description and the direction the car is going and hope for the best...It doesn't make sense for someone to follow a drunk person where ever they go just because OPP arent smart or fast enough...Give the description and away you go..its their problem to catch that person, its not yours to follow if you dont have to..

Edit: its a bonus if you do though!!

The x-love:

Slamation Nation..Wesa
Fe9L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:21 AM   #24
AceOfSpades
♠ ♠ ♠

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
obvious but
AceOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:29 AM   #25
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
Don't make us wait that long.

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 11:12 AM   #26
BlitzSix
6 Speed

Send a message via AIM to BlitzSix Send a message via MSN to BlitzSix
Quote:
Originally Posted by topaz330ci View Post
YA slow ppl staying in the fast lane is so annoying, i passed one once in the slow lane, and i got a ticket. Now i know you cant pass in the slow lane, how stupid is that
That makes me so angry, they should ****ing ticket the twat holding up the passing lane, not you because were forced to go around then since they wouln't move out of the way..
BlitzSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 11:14 AM   #27
BlitzSix
6 Speed

Send a message via AIM to BlitzSix Send a message via MSN to BlitzSix
Quote:
Originally Posted by vr6exy View Post
Yeah obviously, and thats why i said give the car description and the direction the car is going and hope for the best...It doesn't make sense for someone to follow a drunk person where ever they go just because OPP arent smart or fast enough...Give the description and away you go..its their problem to catch that person, its not yours to follow if you dont have to..

Edit: its a bonus if you do though!!
I don't get what you're saying, it has nothing to do with intelligence, even if you're the smartest person in the world you won't be able to catch someone that way if they turned off somewhere. Obviously if the person really had to go then they would make do and try to find them, but if he can follow them it's much better then they will get him for sure and not have a drunk driver on the road..
BlitzSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 11:40 AM   #28
Trouble65
6th Gear Member

You did the right thing.
Trouble65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 07:00 PM   #29
davericher20
black and blue

thats why i followed him, because he was going where i went, right up the 400, i could've turned at the 404 but i thought if he passes the 400 on the 401 i'll be on my way, but he didn't so why not follow him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:21 AM   #30
ImolaZHP
3rd Gear Member

I agree with the cop. We need more drivers like you.. People that actually care about public safety

(and it was probably exciting chasing him anyways)
ImolaZHP is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: