Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > Supporting Vendor Comments/Feedback > Eurostyle Design
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-03-2008, 02:50 PM   #16
bimmerlyfe
3rd Gear Member

I've delt with MANY MANY times and every single time have had problems with his parts, he replaces it NO PROBLEM NO QUESTIONS ASK.

First, for $40 for an ECU, you should not complaing about driving to get it. i don't know why people are so ****ing CHEAP. You tried it without paying for it, What the **** is the big deal? its not like he took your money.

You said, You've got friends with the same car, why not try first before buying that ecu?? Maybe its not ur ECU that is fault it could be million other things that could be wrong with the motor.

Phil is a very honest guy, no need to bash him.

Next time you want parts, go to the ****ing dealer!
Old 05-03-2008, 06:05 PM   #17
e36_freak
Mostly absent

Send a message via ICQ to e36_freak Send a message via MSN to e36_freak
wow nothing more to be said here.... how come u always get the weirdos fil

[M]i[K]E[][M]i[K]E[]
e36_freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 12:05 PM   #18
hadesm5
6th Gear Member

wait one sec... just to get this straight... you didn't end up buying it right? so why are you complaining.

you can't guarantee any used parts, especially electronics. you should be happy he let you test it and didn't force you to buy it.

i've actually done that mistake before where i have guaranteed that all the bulbs in a set of lights were working (and i sold it to you actually). and i was pretty sure all the bulbs were working when i took them off.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:36 PM   #19
Spoose
5th Gear Member

Fil - I say you make him buy it, maybe his car fried the ECU!!!

But honestly, everytime I deal with Fil, nothing but good things. You're were looking at a used part that turned out not to be what you expected. You didn't pay for it. Anytime you are buying used parts, the thought should be I am going to check it out and see. I had a guy who wanted to buy something from me a while back and I drove out 1 hour to meet him, waited 1/2 hour to see him and he didn't take it. Does that mean that I should be reimbursed for my time, no that's life when you deal in used stuff.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:18 AM   #20
Dr. Flyview
Formerly Flav_cool

Send a message via MSN to Dr. Flyview
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadesm5 View Post
wait one sec... just to get this straight... you didn't end up buying it right? so why are you complaining.
you can't guarantee any used parts, especially electronics. you should be happy he let you test it and didn't force you to buy it.
I think this is what noid was getting at. He would not be complaining if Fil did not respond yes to "is it 100% working?". Just don't guarantee parts are working when you're only assuming they are bro. In this case it was a pretty bad assumption (the car was running, but running ROUGH, there is no way to say if the ECU was good)

About being cheap.....remember some of us shouldn't have bmw's for the money we have haha.

1998 BMW 328is - summer
1994 BMW 325i - daily
1992 BMW 325i - totaled
1988 Mercedes Benz 190E 2.3-8V -
sold

Last edited by Dr. Flyview; 02-11-2009 at 11:21 AM.
Dr. Flyview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 12:29 PM   #21
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flav_cool View Post
About being cheap.....remember some of us shouldn't have bmw's for the money we have haha.
Then dont come up like a baller, saying your time is so ****ing valuable, trying to save a buck...I let him test the part, before it was even payed for, to make sure its what he wants. In this case it wasnt, but then again, how do i know its not his car thats ****ed up? Yes it was my assumption the ECU was working, but its also HIS assumption this is the problem with his car. How about if its something else...like on O2 sensor, or wiring...or something else. Why should i be responsalbe for that! Bottom line, if you want something new, go to the dealer!
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X5 M3 M5

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Eurostyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:49 PM   #22
MiroE36
6th Gear Member

I can understand where the guy was coming from... If I had to drive through traffic back and forth and waste a lot of time I would be pretty upset too... but not at filip... he did nothing wrong... frankly he did as much as possible from a used parts seller... he made no money and the sale never happened... but people need to understand that if you are potentially buying a used part, then you have to assume some risk that the part may not work and your time would have effectively been wasted. I bought plenty of parts from Tom, and drove out to Cambridge on two or three different occasions to his shop. But each time I went I made sure that I needed several items and called to see if Tom had them in stock... so if in case he didn't have some items my trip wouldn't have been for nothing. But ultimately he messed up by taking his traffic frustration out on Filip when he really shouldn't have...

I vouche for any honest used parts dealer, because like most of us they are trying to make a living providing people like us good prices for fixes that otherwise would have caused a lot of us to buy domestic or Jap (or VW )

MiroE36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 06:58 PM   #23
damameke
6th Gear Member

Forum .. at times can be dangerous for sponsors.

One bad experience and a post such as this..sponsors have to defend themselves publicly.

Including this. there is another thread about ASPTuning...

People are upset if something they bought did not work or the part is of the wrong type, spurr of the moment reaction is to chew up the person or company that we bought the things from.

I believed most company or business will address an issue that you have with their product, if we complain with courtesy.

Not all customers are always right !!!!!

Last edited by damameke; 02-11-2009 at 07:06 PM.
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:52 PM   #24
the bachelor
2nd Gear Member

+1 for Eurostyle. I have dealt with Filip a couple of times with FANTASTIC service and he STANDS behind his product. I will use him again.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:24 PM   #25
prince1
on to the next 1

Send a message via MSN to prince1
^^ + 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNation View Post
Yo man, I got $6000 in my bank account, and I could buy any car i want
Ya man with $6000 in the bank, you're really balling arnt ya
prince1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:08 PM   #26
BigD
the misanthropist

This thread needs a

Old 02-11-2009, 11:20 PM   #27
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

^^^I guess thats the only way of keeping immature people from bringing old s#it up!

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
Old 02-11-2009, 11:21 PM   #28
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurostyle View Post
^^^I guess thats the only way of keeping immature people from bringing old s#it up!
Yup.
Old 04-08-2011, 12:56 AM   #29
noid
5th Gear Member

Its been almost 3 years, and theres been some bad blood. I thought this was forgotten, but recent talk shows that it is necessary to straighten things out. As i said in another one of my threads, in retrospect it was never worth making this thread, I now realize and fully agree that with the basic nature of used parts, you can never know for sure everything is fine until you inspect and test them.

I now hold no qualms against Fil and know he now has a nice place in milton with a very nice selection of vehicles and parts. I have no problem and would like to send people his way. Even though im usually not in need of parts anymore because of no more e30 I would even like to keep doors open for me to be welcome back to purchase parts if the need ever arises; I have a feeling however that Fil will still have some reservations about that, which I understand and respect.

Just wanted to get this cleared up. Maybe we can even get this old stuff deleted by a mod or something.
noid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 01:38 AM   #30
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

As you might see from previous cases, i am always open to working things out. I treat people like they treat me! If you check in the case of "Jase", one of my "most unhappy" customers, we had problems, but we worked things out, and he was welcome anytime he needed something...

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: