Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E46 (1998 - 2005)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-31-2009, 05:03 PM   #1
EMPIREM3
Catch me if you can.

Send a message via MSN to EMPIREM3
Unhappy Dim D2S 10K bulb help...

2 weeks ago my 10K D2S bulbs arrived. I plugged them in and everything was good with the OEM ballasts.

Last night i took the car for a spin and noticed that i have almost no lighting on my right hand side.

I pulled over and when you look at them closely there is no difference, but from far away you can clearly see that my right hand side only has about 1/4th of the brightness of the left bulb.

Should i take both out and physically check the bulbs? You know its a bitch to take them out and put em back in so i would save this as a last resort.

Could it be my ballast? or wiring or something else? could it be the bulb itself?
I didnt know they could lose brightness - i thought it would either work or not work...

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 01-31-2009, 05:12 PM   #2
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
It IS possible for a bulb to start the arc, and yet not produce optimal lighting. However, this occurs very infrequently, and is therefore unlikely.

The most likely cause of poor light output (especially if there is no colour shift (bulbs are the same colour)) is that the focal point of the bulb is not aligned correctly with the headlight housing. First thing i'd do is check that the bulb is sitting flush with the mounting surface in the headlight.
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
hid headlights hid kit
propr'one is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 05:14 PM   #3
Gamite

Sounds to me that the bulb isn't inserted correctly. as Propr'one stated, it needs to be aligned correctly in order for the elipsoid headlights to focus properly.

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: