Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-25-2009, 10:24 PM   #31
msinger
3rd Gear Member

just got my first e30! already addicted! kijiji special, paid $2800, first trip was hamilton to ottawa, made it no problems, not even a hiccup. make sure you're patient and look around, eventually you'll find the e30 you're after!
msinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 11:35 PM   #32
punnzzells
Banned

Send a message via MSN to punnzzells Send a message via Yahoo to punnzzells
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ej_Red View Post
Yea especially every connector you touch brakes in pieces lol

And who the hell are YOU? Flat black e30 lol ? I actually own both. Hondas are great, easy to work on and everyone knows honda's bulletproof reliability.

So e30 lower control arms are better? Come on. Not even mentioning the exhaust system that has to be replaced every 2,3 years. Overpaying for acura over a honda? Only for North Americans because we are willing to pay for it. In Europe, no such thing.

Anyways, i like e30s a lot. That's why i own one. All i said be prepared to do your own work on it and spend money. Otherwise, get your wallet ready.

I replaced my exhaust twice on my 325 e in all the years my family and I owned that car... 1985 to 2002, pre swap... let me ask you.. if honda is sooo cheap in Europe, what are you still doing here??
punnzzells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:20 PM   #33
MiroE36
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msinger View Post
just got my first e30! already addicted! kijiji special, paid $2800, first trip was hamilton to ottawa, made it no problems, not even a hiccup. make sure you're patient and look around, eventually you'll find the e30 you're after!
I agree with what this... do make sure that you are making the most informed decision possible. Compare several E30's before you take the plunge. With regards to maintenance, there are people on this forum that can get you all the parts you need to build the car 3 times over for reasonable prices, so maintenance costs should definately not be a deterrant!

Best of luck and I hope it works out for you... we can never see enough E30's on here!

MiroE36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:35 PM   #34
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
I remember when I had my oldsmobile, It was a bitch to find a long screw driver to unscrew the bolt for the batery. I bought a batery for my E30 and there was a tool box in the trunk. It was a pita to replace the batery. Right after, I fel in love with it. I also love to zip around corners . It was a night mare to take a sharp turn with my ex American car. lol.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: