Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Multimedia > Photography
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-26-2009, 07:03 AM   #211
Blades
Your opinion is to long
 
Blades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 5,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep 3.2TL View Post
Blades - did you take this pic?? I see the copyright "Tyler Westcott" bottom right...
No, actually I did not take that picture but I know how its done.
__________________
-=[ BL/\DES ]=-



All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 07:30 AM   #212
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member
 
Deep 3.2TL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Milton
Posts: 3,224
There's something more that's happened here - to get these beams of light so perfectly, just leaving the shutter open wouldn't work. You'd end up with a ring of light, not straight beams.
__________________

2007 Z4 3.0si
Deep 3.2TL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:42 AM   #213
Blades
Your opinion is to long
 
Blades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 5,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep 3.2TL View Post
There's something more that's happened here - to get these beams of light so perfectly, just leaving the shutter open wouldn't work. You'd end up with a ring of light, not straight beams.
my only other guess would be sport mode multi shot.

but if you look at the gate .. he used a flash as well.

now if the flash is used it would take some of the beam light away .. if the flash flickered a couple of times while the shutter was open it would have that effect.
__________________
-=[ BL/\DES ]=-



All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:03 AM   #214
Blades
Your opinion is to long
 
Blades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 5,344
Heres another ..

__________________
-=[ BL/\DES ]=-



All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:28 AM   #215
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member
 
Deep 3.2TL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Milton
Posts: 3,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades View Post
my only other guess would be sport mode multi shot.

but if you look at the gate .. he used a flash as well.

now if the flash is used it would take some of the beam light away .. if the flash flickered a couple of times while the shutter was open it would have that effect.
Yea but no where near that accuracy. There's something else missing here...
__________________

2007 Z4 3.0si
Deep 3.2TL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:30 AM   #216
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member
 
Deep 3.2TL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Milton
Posts: 3,224
Here it is...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mumbleyjoe/2043508173/

He says they do this once a year and leave the light static to get a shot like this...

I knew a simple open shutter wouldn't do this...
__________________

2007 Z4 3.0si
Deep 3.2TL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:08 AM   #217
Blades
Your opinion is to long
 
Blades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 5,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep 3.2TL View Post
Here it is...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mumbleyjoe/2043508173/

He says they do this once a year and leave the light static to get a shot like this...

I knew a simple open shutter wouldn't do this...
ah cool .. still long exposure but was photoshoped
__________________
-=[ BL/\DES ]=-



All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:31 AM   #218
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member
 
Deep 3.2TL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Milton
Posts: 3,224
He says he did not photoshop...

"- Photoshopped? No, not really. I 'burned' the lighthouse lens a bit because, well, shooting into a beacon of light for two minutes tends to wash things out. I also desaturated the moon a bit in the middle, where it created a light blue artifact. Just little image fixes - otherwise this is really how the lighthouse looks (which is cool, which is why I drove down to see it)"

from the above link at flickr...
__________________

2007 Z4 3.0si
Deep 3.2TL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:48 AM   #219
Blades
Your opinion is to long
 
Blades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 5,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep 3.2TL View Post
He says he did not photoshop...

"- Photoshopped? No, not really. I 'burned' the lighthouse lens a bit because, well, shooting into a beacon of light for two minutes tends to wash things out. I also desaturated the moon a bit in the middle, where it created a light blue artifact. Just little image fixes - otherwise this is really how the lighthouse looks (which is cool, which is why I drove down to see it)"

from the above link at flickr...
if he used burn effect on the light beacon to clear washing out then I would call that "yes"
__________________
-=[ BL/\DES ]=-



All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 03:17 PM   #220
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member
 
Deep 3.2TL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Milton
Posts: 3,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades View Post
if he used burn effect on the light beacon to clear washing out then I would call that "yes"
I'd say no - he didn't use it to create the beams of light, he just used it to clean up the center of the lighthouse because it was too hot...
__________________

2007 Z4 3.0si
Deep 3.2TL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:43 AM   #221
philthy328
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Victoria,BC
Posts: 92
Send a message via MSN to philthy328


Sunset on a cold Victoria, BC day.
philthy328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:45 AM   #222
philthy328
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Victoria,BC
Posts: 92
Send a message via MSN to philthy328
and another..

philthy328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:59 PM   #223
craigIS
A.K.A. crossfire291
 
craigIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chatham
Posts: 2,044
Send a message via MSN to craigIS
Mercedes AMG
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00455b.JPG (30.1 KB, 372 views)
__________________


flickr

Last edited by craigIS; 01-27-2009 at 02:05 PM.
craigIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:17 PM   #224
Blades
Your opinion is to long
 
Blades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 5,344
2 old ones I took in Amsterdam
Attached Images
File Type: jpg szapiel.jpg (242.8 KB, 367 views)
__________________
-=[ BL/\DES ]=-



All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:21 PM   #225
Blades
Your opinion is to long
 
Blades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 5,344
the second...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg szap.jpg (147.3 KB, 366 views)
__________________
-=[ BL/\DES ]=-



All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.