Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > BMW News
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-15-2009, 08:58 AM   #1
Gamite

Hamann X6 Tycoon

German tuners Hamann Motorsport has just released their BMW X6 Tycoon to the public. Featuring a new body, restyling, and serious performance upgrades shows the full potential of BMW's crossover SUV.

Currently, customers get a choice between the BMW X6 xDrive35i, which comes with a 306 horsepower 3.0-liter inline-six, the BMW xDrive30d and its 235 hp 3.0-liter straight-six diesel, or the xDrive35d, which has a 3.0-liter inline-six-cylinder getting 286 hp. Horsepower for the three is bumped up significantly, reaching 360 hp on the petrol. The two diesels see increases to 261hp and 316hp respectively.

Torque output sees substantial gains, rising by 140 Nm to 540 Nm on the 35i model, by 80 Nm to 600 Nm on the xDrive30d, and from 580 Nm to 660 Nm on the 35d.

Hamann is also working on a performance kit for the top-of-the-line BMW X6 xDrive50i. Currently, that car is rated at an impressive 407 hp and 600 Nm of torque, generated by its 4.4-liter V8 twin-turbo.

Hamann's design team put together a body kit for the car meant to give the car a more muscular stance. The package is highlighted by new front wings, and a rear wing extension, all made out of a lightweight composite material. A new apron with large air intakes, and LED daytime running lights round out the front. Wrapping up the back is a three-part diffuser, a rear spoiler, and a roof spoiler.

Hamann uses their Design edition Race Anodized 23-inch rims on the car, wrapped in 315/25 r23 tyres. An ultralight wheel, it is paired with "special chassis springs" and "progressively coiled springs" to lower the crossover by 40 mm.

The tuner firm added their own touches to the interior as well. Customers will find a sizeable amount of aluminum and carbon fibre throughout the inside. New instrument dials and a 3-spoke steering wheel are also included.

The Hamann BMW X6 Tycoon editions are available now from the German company. A BMW X6 Tycoon based on the xDrive50i should arrive soon.

Source: http://www.worldcarfans.com/9090115....ebody-revealed

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:36 AM   #2
craigIS
A.K.A. crossfire291

Send a message via MSN to craigIS
yummm..... it looks and sounds delicious!!!

flickr
craigIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 12:40 PM   #3
MiroE36
6th Gear Member

i would rock that till next sunday

MiroE36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 03:42 PM   #4
JunzieB
Wants more powaaa!

Me like, me want me can't afford

Quote:
Disclaimer:The opinions expressed by JunzieB is his alone and does not reflect the opinions of Maxbimmer or any members thereof. JunzieB is not responsible for any hurt feelings that may develop during the reading of his posts.
JunzieB is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: