Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Multimedia > Rides
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-19-2008, 07:09 AM   #16
PedroBMW
Hooked on Boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNation View Post
man your car is sweet
how much did it all cost you to do the whole turbo deal yourself? did you have to build your engine at all for it?
Thanks man,

I'd say the whole deal cost me about $4000. No engine build, just slappin' on a 0.140" MLS and ARP2000 headstuds to get compression down. The stock bottom end has been proven to 600whp+, I'm not to worried about it, my goals are conservative @ 400whp.

http://www.foldingtrailers.ca
PedroBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 12:48 PM   #17
Marven
2nd Gear Member

very nice!
Old 12-20-2008, 09:30 AM   #18
cabrio 3.2
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroBMW View Post
Thanks man,

I'd say the whole deal cost me about $4000. No engine build, just slappin' on a 0.140" MLS and ARP2000 headstuds to get compression down. The stock bottom end has been proven to 600whp+, I'm not to worried about it, my goals are conservative @ 400whp.
4000 is not bad im guessing is that coz u did most of the work ?? how much would it be if u would take it to a shop and get that work done i mean like ur not doing nothing to ur car coz im planning on doing that to my car but im not sure how much its going to cost me i would be happy if i get 450 hp to the wheels
cabrio 3.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 02:05 PM   #19
PedroBMW
Hooked on Boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabrio 3.2 View Post
4000 is not bad im guessing is that coz u did most of the work ?? how much would it be if u would take it to a shop and get that work done i mean like ur not doing nothing to ur car coz im planning on doing that to my car but im not sure how much its going to cost me i would be happy if i get 450 hp to the wheels
Yeah I did everything myself, spec'd parts,fabed everything, wired it and tuned it. I wouldn't recommend paying a shop to do a custom setup like this for you, even getting the parts for $4000 is a a stretch when you add it up, It takes alot of bargain hunting for discounts and promotions etc. If you pay a shop to build you a setup like mine its gonna cost you close to double ($8000)by the time its all done and tuned properly.

Just by a TRM stage 1 or stage 2 kit, for $5495 you can be anywhere from $350whp (stg1) to closer to 600whp (stg2). These kits have everything you need including great tuning, Just pay a shop to install that for you and it will be very reasonable priced since its just an install and no custom work.
http://www.racersmarket.net/index.ph...id=7&Itemid=93

Another popular choice would be technique tuning or Active Autowerkes, but I believe the prices are a bit higher.

For 450whp there really is no point in doing a custom setup, I did it more as a hobby because I enjoy doing it, as well as the fact that I wanted to design the setup for ME and the way I intend to use the car and I also wanted the flexibilty for later. If I were you I'd definitly buy one of the off the shelf setups from TRM, AA, or TT and enjoy it and just drive the shit out of it, I'd be willing to bet that most local shops wouldn't be able to make you anything better than those anyway. Good Luck,

edit: oh yeah don't forget the $$ I said also includes my 3" exhaust an some other stuff. Don't forget that any kit you buy will require some kind of aftermarket/custom exhaust as well as a clutch.

http://www.foldingtrailers.ca

Last edited by PedroBMW; 12-20-2008 at 04:00 PM.
PedroBMW is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: