Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-07-2008, 11:49 AM   #1
korne30
1st Gear Newbie

s52 & 5 spd e36 swap

im getting a s52 swap done this week or next and besides upgrading the cooling system and replacing valve cover gasket if needed, which other parts should i need for the swap. Obviously i need to replace the engine and transmission mount and i am unable to decide on which mounts to use. i have been looking at the kits from turner motorsports and i cant decide. any help is greatly appreciated. thanks
korne30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 03:03 PM   #2
BigD
the misanthropist

Replace every wear item (water pump, belts, even headgasket if you can) and sensor you can afford to. It'll add a lot of money to the swap but the difficulty and expense of changing any of these after the engine is in, will make you want to tear hair out of your asshole for not doing it when the engine was out of the car.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:47 AM   #3
bigfeller
Propeller Head

Oil Pump Nut

The S52 is an exceptionally stout, reliable, and bullet-proof motor. There are very few internal weaknesses. That said, the Germans haven't figured out how to make anything out of rubber or plastic, so all of your accessory belts, pullies, gaskets, etc should be replaced now while it's cheap and easy- as already mentioned.

The S52 has only one design flaw that can result in catastrophic engine failure (other than the shitty cooling system)- the Oil Pump Nut. Go over to M3forum.net and do a search for Oil pump nut to learn more. Definitely address this while the engine is out of the car.

SOLD- Now Enjoying Honda Civic
bigfeller is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: