Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-28-2008, 02:20 PM   #1
europrince
6th Gear Member

Black Friday gets bloody: Long Island Wal-Mart clerk trampled in shopper stampede

WTF? Stampede at a friggin Walmart???

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/b...-stampede.aspx

Posted: November 28, 2008, 12:25 PM by Karen Hawthorne
Crime
Customers in a frenzy for deals at a Long Island Wal-Mart trampled an overnight stock clerk to death, the NY Daily News reports. Witnesses said he tried to hold back the crowds as they took the doors right off their hinges in the dash when the store opened at 5 a.m. this morning for Black Friday:

"He was bum-rushed by 200 people," said Jimmy Overby, 43, a co-worker. "He was trampled and killed in front of me. They took me down too...I literally had to fight people off my back."

A pregnant shopper who made her way inside the store with the masses was pushed to the ground and suffered a miscarriage, a witness said. Sadly, no one stopped to help the victims:

Before police shut down the store, eager shoppers streamed past emergency crews as they worked furiously to save the store clerk's life.

"They were working on him, but you could see he was dead, said Halcyon Alexander, 29. "People were still coming through."

Only a few stopped.

"They're savages," said shopper Kimberly Cribbs, 27. "It's sad. It's terrible."
europrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 02:21 PM   #2
europrince
6th Gear Member

Wal-Mart worker trampled to death

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/545269

Shoppers stampede as Long Island store opens

Nov 28, 2008 11:28 AM
Comments on this story (46)
COLLEEN LONG
Associated Press Writer

NEW YORK– A Wal-Mart worker died after a throng of unruly shoppers broke down the doors and trampled him moments after the Long Island store opened early Friday for day-after-Thanksgiving bargain hunting, police said.

Wal-Mart Stores Inc., in Bentonville, Ark., would not confirm the reports of a stampede at the Valley Stream outlet but said a ``medical emergency" had caused them to close the store.

"Local authorities are looking into the situation," said Wal-Mart representative Dan Fogleman. "Until such time that they've completed their assessment it would be inappropriate for me to share any additional information.''

The 34-year-old Wal-Mart worker was taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead at about 6 a.m., Nassau County police said. The exact cause of death had not been determined, and the man's name was not released.

A 28-year-old pregnant woman and three other shoppers suffered minor injuries and also were taken to hospitals for observation, said Nassau County police Lt. Michael Fleming of the Fifth Squad.

Police said the shoppers knocked the man to the ground at 5:03 a.m., three minutes after the store opened. It wasn't immediately clear how large the crowd was.

Shoppers around the country lined up early outside stores Friday in the annual bargain hunting ritual known as Black Friday. It got that name because it's historically been the day when stores broke into profitability for the full year.

Many stores open early and stay open late. The Valley Stream Wal-Mart usually opens at 9 a.m.

Nassau County police were at the scene investigating.
Old 11-28-2008, 02:25 PM   #3
Fel
Not Banned

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113672
Old 11-28-2008, 02:25 PM   #4
Boots R
Boots, not boost

this was 2 threads down.

common, really?
Boots R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 02:26 PM   #5
europrince
6th Gear Member

Sorry for the repost. I missed that thread.

Boots, put me back on ignore, no?
Old 11-28-2008, 02:29 PM   #6
Fel
Not Banned

No...

Just scan the site before slapping up your copypasta
Old 11-28-2008, 02:31 PM   #7
europrince
6th Gear Member

I prefer penne a la vodka to copypasta