Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-11-2003, 07:22 PM   #61
MACI4LIFE
2nd Gear Member

I guess they're gonna have to catch me then!!!!

MACI4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 07:25 PM   #62
MACI4LIFE
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BladeRunner
Just curious isn't 100km/h about 60 (sorry still learing the metric system)? Just asking but what are the speed limits where you all are located (60mph isn't as bad as 55mph), many of you act like tha speed limit was 70+? Anyway, I live in the U.S.A., Georgia to be exact, and in most places the speed limit is 55mph (I guess that's 95+/-km/h), and on the outsides it's 65mph (100-110km/h). On top of my mom past some news on to me, that she got from ABC news, which stated that Georgia has recently passed a law stating that anyone who is caught doing 25mph over will have there license suspened. Doing 55mph is not easy especailly in a Bimmer javascript:smilie(''), I often feel the need to downshift to 4th, glad I don't have a 6 speed because I'll possilby be in 5th all day. Moving on, when my mom or other is in the car I often I go 65-70mph (105-115+/-km/h). I only do the 65-70 to keep up with traffic, anyway if I drive any slower all of the 14-20 wheelers will run me off the road or push me to death. Infact yesterday I was doing 55 or less on an onramp, because my mom got on me for 70+ on the on ramp ramp javascript:smilie('')

hey bladerunner are you on SBN????? cbr929rr ??
, and javascript:smilie('') an 18 wheeler almost ran me into the emergency lane. So now I have to watch my 65-70 since the radar/laser guns and other can be 5+mph off. Futhermore, the cops have gotten sneaker over the last 2yrs. (dirty speed traps, under cover cars: Corvette, Impala, Crown Victoria, Taurus, Explorer, F-Series/Chevy and Intreped, etc.) hence they get paid extra for speeding tickets. Humm just noticed something my state has a thing
with Fords and V8s.

javascript:smilie('')Funny thing, they're always speeding and running read lights but when regualr civilians do it they want to ticket us. Lastly, they're always around when you don't want them, but then they're never around when need them.

Isn't 100km/h about 60mph?
What are the average speed limit(s) where you're located?
Have any of you still been ticketed even when you told the cop you have a broken/blinky insterment cluster?
What kind of under cover police cars have you seen?
Finnally, is it me or is almost everyone here from Canada or some state far up North?

BTW: I drive an 84' 318i. Good day
javascript:smilie('').
Old 03-12-2003, 01:00 AM   #63
BladeRunner
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MACI4LIFE
hey bladerunner are you on SBN????? cbr929rr ??
English please.

No one loves me, I haven't received a Welcome to maX yet.

Last edited by BladeRunner; 03-12-2003 at 01:03 AM.
BladeRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 01:06 AM   #64
moerom
6th Gear Member

Welcome to Max, my friend!
moerom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 01:12 AM   #65
BladeRunner
4th Gear Member

Oh I see you were asking me if I were a registered member on www.sportbikes.net (SBN). No I'm not a registered member there. R U?
Old 03-12-2003, 01:14 AM   #66
BladeRunner
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by moerom
Welcome to Max, my friend!
Thank You! moerom.
BladeRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 01:25 AM   #67
MACI4LIFE
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BladeRunner
Oh I see you were asking me if I were a registered member on www.sportbikes.net (SBN). No I'm not a registered member there. R U?
thats the one. Sorry for not clarifying it for you, but if you were then you'd know what i meant i guess. The mod there has the same name. and same bike as me

Welcome to the club
Old 03-16-2003, 03:01 AM   #68
BladeRunner
4th Gear Member

Thanks
Old 03-16-2003, 05:24 AM   #69
Soldo
6th Gear Member

HEY bladerunner, WELCOME BUDDY!!!!
also, i just got a ticket for 10km OVER and i just realized, thats like 6+/- MPH!!!!!!
thats STUPID!!!!!!!!
anyone here from the states that can answer this:
do you guys get tickets for doing like 6MPH over the limit?!
Old 03-16-2003, 05:20 PM   #70
Alezone
Capitalism

went downtown clubbing last nite, there was a cop actually standing outside the underground parking lot (paramount) and looking at everyone coming out of the lot at 3am... on a Sat nite when nobody is totally sober.

I got booked at the same place (richmond) the week before... the cop was nice imo. the reason he pulled me over was my sticker on the plate was expired!!! good eyes when i have frame and shit to cover my back. btw, it expired for 3 days only. he caught me with that, and i left ALL the documents (ownership, insurance) at home for some reasons... i was waiting on the street for like half an hour at 1am where the crowd on the street was going crazy, he finally gave me a ticket with not showing proper insurance (which costed me $55) instead of giving me a "invalid sticker" ticket for $150. not bad uh?

note that i wasn't clubbing last time, just went for a movie

PORSCHE 981
Alezone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 05:46 PM   #71
punnzzells
Banned

Send a message via MSN to punnzzells Send a message via Yahoo to punnzzells
if you go to court and show them the proper identification, then you should get it thrown out....
punnzzells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 01:45 AM   #72
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

Quote:
Originally posted by punnzzells
if you go to court and show them the proper identification, then you should get it thrown out....
Possible, but the rule does call for the showing of documents when demanded by the officers. They used to be leneint with burnt out bulbs but they too are now charging for the infraction with no grace period.
slemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 01:56 AM   #73
sonic07
6th Gear Member

wow that's sucks ...

Pedal To The Metal
sonic07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 11:02 PM   #74
BladeRunner
4th Gear Member

Thanks SOLDOMATIC 325i for the Welcome.

No I can't say that I've ever heard of anyone getting a ticket for 6 over. Now if you did that in a contruction, school zone, or similar than that might be ok but if it was on the h-way or f-way than that doesn't make any since.

Sure you don't care but once me and my mom were on the way to get my car checked (the place is 50+/- mi. away). I was doing say 15-20mph over in the fast lance and this white car (Toyota, Nissan, or other) can fly'in up on me then suddenly jumped into the HOV lane. There was this cop that my mom saw who had just finished writting a ticket, and she told me to slow down (she and I saw him but it was to late). The cop and I looked eye to eye for 5 secs. I moved over about 4-5 lanes over to the right where the 18 wheelers drive and slowed to 60mph. I thought it was safe so I decided to move over 1-2 lanes and continue at my past pace. Luckly I checked my mirrors both rear and side because as I began to move to the left that same copper came from no where flying down the lane I was moving to. I thought I was toast I litterally almost shi*** in my pants when I saw him, so I quickly jumped back into my safe lane. Not only would I have recieved a ticket for doing 15-20mph over 55mph and but I also would've been charged with an accident because the copper would've rearended me. To make a long story slightly shorter the cop decided to go after bigger game, the white car that past me in the HOV lane doing 25+ over 55mph.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: