Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-16-2008, 05:42 PM   #16
niko_gt
6th Gear Member

I used to work at Discount Rentals in the erinmills Automall in mississauga. There were many repeat customers, some whom I saw 40+ times in a year. The majority of these people drove jeep compasses & jeep grand cherokees.. One guy had a rental for like 42 days!.. ridiculous. Another customer had a replacement JEep grand cherokee from us which had problems as well.... simply garbage lol
Old 11-16-2008, 11:01 PM   #17
daytona
6th Gear Member

8 year old PT Cruiser,nothing serious...computer was shot,replace it with a used re flash one,bushings are the frontc changed three times,clock spring (normal problem on %90 on the cruisers) shot..trannies strong as ever,motor is running smoothly..no electricial gremlins...not bad for a 8 year old car that is driven hard.Only chrysler I think is a good everyday car.Cant really say anything negative about it except it drinks gas like there is no tomorrow.
daytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:30 PM   #18
zackman17
Banned

well i spoke to the service dept manager and apparently it's not covered under warranty and they replace the control arm so it's going to cost an arm and a leg to fix so now im dealing with head office alltho i have documentation of this issue with front end nock but he said your out of warranty that's it but his service tech said if i report it before warranty expires it's covered. im at whits end my mech said that legally im covered im getting so many different stories. im so pissed tight now anyone have any idea im not dropping 500+ service fees on this vehicle i can guarantee that.
zackman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:33 PM   #19
zackman17
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytona View Post
8 year old PT Cruiser,nothing serious...computer was shot,replace it with a used re flash one,bushings are the frontc changed three times,clock spring (normal problem on %90 on the cruisers) shot..trannies strong as ever,motor is running smoothly..no electricial gremlins...not bad for a 8 year old car that is driven hard.Only chrysler I think is a good everyday car.Cant really say anything negative about it except it drinks gas like there is no tomorrow.
sorry i have to say this but i hate those cars they are fkn stupid looking no offence.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:47 PM   #20
slimjim
Almost Sideways

my moms sebring...50,000km transmission was Toast needed a new one
Old 11-17-2008, 09:51 PM   #21
zackman17
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimjim View Post
my moms sebring...50,000km transmission was Toast needed a new one
join the club... lol this thread should be named what has gone wrong with your dodge jeep chrysler lol
Old 11-17-2008, 10:13 PM   #22
///tyron
4th Gear Member

the last domestic i baught and will ever buy was an eagle talon tsi awd(chrysler). Well i think that says it all.

i still have nightmares of that car to this day :shudder:
Old 11-18-2008, 12:11 AM   #23
archrival
E36 Addict

WOW you actually got 50k out of a pair of tie rods? You should consider yourself lucky, I have seen them go as early as the first oil change. I would complain about the balljoint for sure and see if they will goodwill it for you since you had previously mentioned the problem. Domestics honestly just dont have the build quality. I work on them all day long and wish I wasn't.
archrival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 12:44 AM   #24
daytona
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackman17 View Post
sorry i have to say this but i hate those cars they are fkn stupid looking no offence.
none taken its a business car.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:03 AM   #25
jeremy
6th Gear Member

lemon law?
jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 12:42 PM   #26
SebSter
6th Gear Member

There's a reason the big three are going bankrupt, and they aren't being bailed out.

Old car 1990 325ix. Current car 2000 540i.
SebSter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:35 AM   #27
TNation
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebSter View Post
There's a reason the big three are going bankrupt, and they aren't being bailed out.
agreed. The new Ford cars, sedans and trucks are pretty good. Honestly, they're almost Japanese quality.
Their resale is still shit though.

I'd never buy a Dodge or a Chrysler though, forget that notion. Terrible reliability and resale.
And to the OP > > > SELL THAT SUV. Get into a 4Runner or a Rav4. I sold tons of Rav4's last summer, super reliable and great little suv's. The 4Runner has the highest reliability and resale in its class too.
TNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:24 PM   #28
zackman17
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNation View Post
agreed. The new Ford cars, sedans and trucks are pretty good. Honestly, they're almost Japanese quality.
Their resale is still shit though.

I'd never buy a Dodge or a Chrysler though, forget that notion. Terrible reliability and resale.
And to the OP > > > SELL THAT SUV. Get into a 4Runner or a Rav4. I sold tons of Rav4's last summer, super reliable and great little suv's. The 4Runner has the highest reliability and resale in its class too.
... i would take the ttc and walk before you could get me to drive a rav 4 never mind buy one. im in the market for a f250 in the spring anyways.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:30 PM   #29
TNation
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackman17 View Post
... i would take the ttc and walk before you could get me to drive a rav 4 never mind buy one. im in the market for a f250 in the spring anyways.
what's a TTC?
what about the Toyota Tundra? really reliable, great resale, and a lot more rare than F250's.
TNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:49 PM   #30
zackman17
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNation View Post
what's a TTC?
what about the Toyota Tundra? really reliable, great resale, and a lot more rare than F250's.
the tundra would be my first choice but price wise im leaning towards a f250

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: