Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-12-2008, 12:50 PM   #31
Fel
Not Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
Thank you very much Mr "Fel" for the advanced leson in etiquette. I am so sorry for offering my opion....oh wait something just happened....I just realized something, is this tread in the E30 tech form where people discuss mods and look for options???? IT IS....shit I thought I was in the classified part of Maxbimmer. I guess I am not sorry then. I beleive that proper "etiuette" Mr"Fel" would be to put the things you have for sale in the classified part of the forms, and if you decide to post it in a TECH area about cars, be open to opions!!!!! Cheers and happy motoring
How old are you?
Old 11-13-2008, 01:52 AM   #32
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Sorry to all, and sorry Topgear for this being on your thread.

Fel, I am 32, is there anymore info you'd like??? I'm sure you have some witty thing to say now that you know my age.

Fel I'm not sure why you decide to jump in a thread thats not yours to preach, its Topgears thread, he posted it here and left it open for discusion.

Fel if you'd like to continue this start a thread and lets keep it outa Topgears thread, OK?
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:20 PM   #33
Fel
Not Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
Sorry to all, and sorry Topgear for this being on your thread.

Fel, I am 32, is there anymore info you'd like??? I'm sure you have some witty thing to say now that you know my age.

Fel I'm not sure why you decide to jump in a thread thats not yours to preach, its Topgears thread, he posted it here and left it open for discusion.

Fel if you'd like to continue this start a thread and lets keep it outa Topgears thread, OK?
You're not taking this very well are you.... typical new member syndrome. I was hoping you were just acting your age, but it turns out that isn't the case.

Hey TopSpeed, looks like I won't need the lights after all.... going to wait until spring. Good luck with selling them! (and sorry I tried to help... I hope this thread gets back on track).
Old 11-13-2008, 01:05 PM   #34
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

How did I miss this?

I think richie_s999 thinks sealed beams are better, which are the only e30 lights that you can replace the entire "lens" for cheap. The light output is crap though.

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 02:23 PM   #35
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
^ I think by Hella, he meant the H4 inserts, which ARE better than the stock sealed beams.

I still would prefer these Euro Ellips over H4s, look cooler, and doesn't blind oncoming traffic if you have a Xenon conversion. They are a fair price, surprised they haven't sold yet. I have 'em in my car, along with the Xenons, its the best upgrade I have ever done to my car.

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 09:44 PM   #36
TopSpeed
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craz azn View Post
^ I think by Hella, he meant the H4 inserts, which ARE better than the stock sealed beams.

I still would prefer these Euro Ellips over H4s, look cooler, and doesn't blind oncoming traffic if you have a Xenon conversion. They are a fair price, surprised they haven't sold yet. I have 'em in my car, along with the Xenons, its the best upgrade I have ever done to my car.
Did you do HID upgrade on high beams as well?? That's what I would love to see .... euro high beams with HIDs in them.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:43 PM   #37
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeed View Post
Did you do HID upgrade on high beams as well?? That's what I would love to see .... euro high beams with HIDs in them.
No sir, I have only my lows, and most recently, my fogs done up with HIDs from propr'one. I've had the lows for a few years and its the best thing I've ever done to the car. The reason I did not do the High beams is because it takes a long time for HIDs to brighten to full intensity, and for highs when you flash them, it needs to be 'there'. Ivan suggested against it also, as flicking the lights on and off will shorten the lifespan of the bulbs (I guess they don't like it)

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 05:06 AM   #38
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

yes Craz azn thosew are the ones I was talking about as an option.

Hey Fel, didn't call your little smart as coment about my age did I....you need to be a bit more upbet to get me going LOL. So let me guess your mid 20's living at Mom an Dad's???Got a little gangster want to be by the looks of your pic. So why you waiting till spring, your Mom tell you so?? you want to get the last word right, make you feel better?
Old 11-14-2008, 06:17 AM   #39
TopSpeed
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craz azn View Post
No sir, I have only my lows, and most recently, my fogs done up with HIDs from propr'one. I've had the lows for a few years and its the best thing I've ever done to the car. The reason I did not do the High beams is because it takes a long time for HIDs to brighten to full intensity, and for highs when you flash them, it needs to be 'there'. Ivan suggested against it also, as flicking the lights on and off will shorten the lifespan of the bulbs (I guess they don't like it)
Sitting in a Z4 at an auction last weekend made me think of that. The crap part is that you're spending $150 to put HIDs in highs and then using them only 2% of the time.

Really want to do lows but right now don't feel the need. My Touring will get them for sure next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999
Hey Fel, didn't call your little smart as coment about my age did I....you need to be a bit more upbet to get me going LOL. So let me guess your mid 20's living at Mom an Dad's???Got a little gangster want to be by the looks of your pic. So why you waiting till spring, your Mom tell you so?? you want to get the last word right, make you feel better?
Can you please give it up ... if you are in fact 32, act your age and not point fingers at everyone and start shit from the beginning. If you haven't realized, there is quite a few FS posts in this section but they are ALWAYS E30 specific which makes it easier for buyers and sellers spot it. Anyway, if this is a problem with the mods, remove my post ... I don't care. I'm not going to file an official complaint because they think it's better over there in a sea of ads where I'll be bumping the thing every hour and getting my post count to XXXXXXX posts because I have to bump it so often for people to see them.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:14 PM   #40
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Topspeed, I again apoligize for that being in your post, I don't feel I started and shit from the beginning, and yes there are alot of for sale things in the tech area, which I personally think should be in the classified but agian, this isn't my board, I am just a member with an opion. When I want to learn about the cars I go to tech, if I want to buy something I go to classifed, but whatever. Good luck with your sale and all the best
Old 11-14-2008, 08:22 PM   #41
DR.ZED
3rd Gear Member

Without igniting more here... can somebody explain to me why the Euro versions are superior to the US version?

What are the differences between the two?
85 325e M5
07 Honda Shadow Spirit 750
DR.ZED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 06:18 AM   #42
TopSpeed
3rd Gear Member

Here they are on a NO RESERVE auction on eBay

Starting at a $0.01 .... am I crazy or what???
Old 11-17-2008, 08:53 AM   #43
supernaught
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to supernaught
first bid!

88 325IX TOURING DiamantSchwarz|89 325IX AlpinWeiss|88 325IX DiamantSchwarz
supernaught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:18 AM   #44
supernaught
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to supernaught
"Congrats supernaught13, you're the first bidder. Hope you win! "