Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-05-2008, 09:41 AM   #1
lost
2nd Gear Member

88 325i Touring - Rear Air Ride Options?

I have an 88 Touring and was thinking about putting bags in the rear as I constantly scrap entering/exiting my garage, driveway, etc. It originally came with the self leveling suspension in the rear and most of the components are still there, but was switched over to springs at some point.

I'm planning on keeping the Blistien dampers and thought that I could put bags on it to accompany this. I'm new to air ride, so was wondering if anyone here has done this? and if so do you have any recommendations for bags, tanks, etc.

I'm planning on housing the components for the system in the spare tire opening, where the original equipment sat.

Any useful comments, info would be appreciated. Thanks.
lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 08:58 PM   #2
FuryriderX
cra.iX.y

rear airbags are super easy. you could even get the ones that go inside the coil spring, if you want to do it that way.

look up some airbag supply places on the internet and give them a call. they'll be able to help you out.

you'll also need a compressor/tank and some regulators. do you want it to be adjustable from the drivers seat?
Old 11-06-2008, 08:38 AM   #3
lost
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuryriderX View Post
rear airbags are super easy. you could even get the ones that go inside the coil spring, if you want to do it that way.

look up some airbag supply places on the internet and give them a call. they'll be able to help you out.

you'll also need a compressor/tank and some regulators. do you want it to be adjustable from the drivers seat?
thanks for the reply. I've been looking around the net alot and have found a retailer that has a few e30's in their photo galary. Was wondering if it's been done local, but it doesn't sound all that hard.

I'd like to have a two way controler rigged up into my center consel.

So I need the Bags, Compressor, Tank and regulators + fittings and pipe.

I"m gonna call around today.

Thanks again.
lost is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: