Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-28-2008, 10:17 PM   #1
BMW325IS
2nd Gear Member

Really Strange..They can't scan my car..95 E36

It happened couple months ago. When I took my car to bimmersport to fix asc+abs warning light problem, Charlie did everything he could to try to scan the car and read the code.. but the scaner just can't read.. 95 e36 325is production date april /95 . vanos m50 ..bla bla..

So one month ago I took my car to a autoshop which deals with electronic problem only and the guy over there just simply plug the scanner and read me the code......(I was like WTF..) I paid a little attention to his scanner, it seems like he has some sort of key/module/IC Card to swith around and insert the right one into the scanner and makes it work..I don't konw the model or name...

Today after I did my front speed sensor change at Bimmersport, Charlie tried again but still the same...can't even clear the code..By the way good work guys my car drives much better now. So I called a new local guy who deals with AUDI, BMW. BENZ, VW and he used his scaner and it worked!! read and cleared the code but it seems like I need a another speed sensor replacement..that's another story, any way this time I got a name. the CS2000 scanner. looks like the one in the pic.

So my question is.. it's not my car's wiring problem for sure, neither the abs/asc module nor the ECU is bad, so what could be the problem??? Do I have to drive my car to do some works at bimmersport and then find another place to clear/scan the code?? That's just too strange...Any helpful thought would be apprieciated. Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cs2000_small.jpg (78.3 KB, 128 views)
BMW325IS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:31 PM   #2
BMW325IS
2nd Gear Member

Any one?
Old 10-29-2008, 02:09 AM   #3
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
How did this guy scan your car? Through the BMW diagnostic port (under the hood) or through the OBD port? Does your car have OBD2? (its a 95 right, so it could)

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
hid headlights hid kit
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:33 PM   #4
BMW325IS
2nd Gear Member

No my car is OBDI M50 VANOS. under the hood there is a bmw port, they pluged the scanner in there.. and ...Is that possible that my car has an OBDI engine but a OBDII port???or anything like obdII wiring..?? I just don't get it. Charlie can scan every car else but mine...
Old 10-29-2008, 12:37 PM   #5
BMW325IS
2nd Gear Member

Or is my car actually OBDII and the previous owner did the OBDI Swap and I didn't know...production date is 04/95 though.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:29 PM   #6
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
I remember charlie working on your car, i think i was at bimmersport that day. Its really confusing that charlie couldn't scan your car and this guy could, charlie's equipment is usually a lot more capable than what you just posted.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
hid headlights hid kit
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:44 PM   #7
Trouble65
6th Gear Member

I could not scan my daughters 97 328is. I updated the software from the manufacturers website. Pluged the scanner into the port and scanned everything.
Trouble65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 05:13 PM   #8
BMW325IS
2nd Gear Member

Did charlie update his software? or is it have to be an OBDI scanner or somthing.. I'm confused.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: