Originally Posted by Allstar_e36
I have to change mine this weekend, and tips or anything to look out for. How much should a starter cost either new or used?
Tips? These tips are for a v6 setup
- Detach the center portion that attaches just below the wipers to give you more access.
- Make sure you pull off the vacuum hoses from the manifold carefully
- Loosen all the bolts that are on the bracket before you detach the manifold.
- Mark all the hoses so you don't forget where they go
- don't detach the fuel line.. it's not necessary
- have that M12 Torx wrench!!
I bought a non-threaded starter on Max for 50-60 dollars.. news one i think are over 100+