Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Supporting Events > Bimmercruise
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-30-2008, 12:06 AM   #61
qimis
Mr. Euro E30

Quote:
Originally Posted by punnzzells View Post
the grass makes for better pics too...
I disagree, not that a cramped parking lot makes it any better. Best location for pictures was 2 years ago at Mosport.

Overall was a great turn out this year, congrats Randy! *cough* Downsview *cough*
Old 09-30-2008, 06:57 AM   #62
greekthang
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamite View Post
Got some more ideas for the show:

SPL Competition
SQ Competition

There's a lot of audiophillies out there.

Thats actually a good idea bud the judging will be hard. Only IASCA official can judge SQ with there certain cds they play and a really good ear. Ive been to them before. Needless to say I like the idea.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:59 AM   #63
E36is
'OldSchool..'

re: judges

what are the criteria's that the judges look for in either the mild to wild category. I know that when the judge looked at my car, he only took 1 min, and that was just looking at the front of the vehicle, peeked into the engine bay, and peeked into the interior. did not go around the vehicle. i placed my car in mild, but i had sutble design details throughout the vehicle. just want to know so i can look into them for next year.
E36is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 09:42 AM   #64
ShortShifter
Sex Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades View Post
LOL! I think you mean Touché .. word used when someone brings up a good response. Term came from fencing.
No....I meant "True say"...with the little dude ---->
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD View Post
Only if you have an iVag.
ShortShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 11:13 AM   #65
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious View Post
the one thing i say to Randy every year is i would like to see bimmercruise in the summer, but really that, like the food issue is nitpicking.
The original date for the show was Aug 24th, but found it conflicted with the Wheels Direct Block Party. The summer weekends are numbered, and larger GTA shows scoop them up. I try hard to plan it on a weekend without any SCCA/BMWCC & ricer events. Turns out that it rained on Aug 24th! If things indeed go forward with TMP, it will definitely be a mid-summer event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greekthang View Post
Thats actually a good idea bud the judging will be hard. Only IASCA official can judge SQ with there certain cds they play and a really good ear. Ive been to them before. Needless to say I like the idea.
I have access (a certain maXmember actually) to possibly getting the event IASCA sanctioned for proper judging. That is a great idea and will definitely be implimented next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36is View Post
re: judges

what are the criteria's that the judges look for in either the mild to wild category? just want to know so i can look into them for next year.
It vary's from class to class, depending on the quality of cars that enter. In general, "wild" would consist of any two combinations of:

-motor swap
-forced induction
-aggressive visual mods (paint/wide-body/radical wheel pkg)
-crazy ICE

Hate to say it guys, but the more money spent on mods, the more points you get. Doesn't matter how tasteful they are. That's why we have "specialty awards" for judges favorite vs. point-spread. You can buy an '84 318i for $250, order every Motormaster accessory and probably win E30 Mild.

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 11:17 AM   #66
Gamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMPOWERD View Post

Hate to say it guys, but the more money spent on mods, the more points you get. Doesn't matter how tasteful they are. That's why we have "specialty awards" for judges favorite vs. point-spread. You can buy an '84 318i for $250, order every Motormaster accessory and probably win E30 Mild.
so if I spent, say oh, $900 on trim, that would yield more pts? So we should put prices on our mods? lol

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 11:25 AM   #67
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

I just want to say, all of us have ideas on how to make the show better, I even offered an idea, and we need to realize that if the show is to be bigger and better, we need to help!!

I would like to offer to help however I can, so if the organizers can pm me, I will help with what I can.

If the event is at Cayuga next year, it will be alot of work, and if we all want these added parts to the show, I recomend we all step up and make it a world class show!!!!
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 11:27 AM   #68
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Oh ya, also when you enter a show, you should find out how it is scored in advance!!!!!
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 11:54 AM   #69
greekthang
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
I just want to say, all of us have ideas on how to make the show better, I even offered an idea, and we need to realize that if the show is to be bigger and better, we need to help!!

I would like to offer to help however I can, so if the organizers can pm me, I will help with what I can.

If the event is at Cayuga next year, it will be alot of work, and if we all want these added parts to the show, I recomend we all step up and make it a world class show!!!!
I totally agree. Lets do Cayuga and will rent out a portable dyno for the event. Hell I'll even throw in a $100 towards renting one for the day but I get to do 2 pulls for free. You can hold me to that Randy
Old 09-30-2008, 12:51 PM   #70
Romaz
5th Gear Member

A big thank you to Randy and all of the people that contributed to this event!

It was great meeting some new faces and I had a blast as always!

Thanks and keep up the good work
Old 09-30-2008, 07:54 PM   #71
bimmersport
MaXsponsor

On behalf of the Bimmersport Crew,

Thanks to Randy and Bimmercruise staff for putting on another great show. Also to everyone who came with us on our cruise to Bimmercruise. I have to agree though, the food/refreshment issue and as well with the venue. Personally, the applewood plaza shows were best because there was a variety of entertainment and resteraunts there, where as this show we were a bit restricted to the show..or fields of grass. I'm sure next year and the following years will be better, as this show gets bigger every year even with the amount of pressure put on him. Congrats Randy as Bimmercruise has come a long way.

BIMMERSPORTAUTOMOTIVE
Specializing in BMW parts and service
905-670-9200

www.bimmersport.ca
bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 09:01 PM   #72
Sickbimmer
750HP turbo E46 M3

Just wanted to thank Randy and everyone else involved with bimmercruise. The one thing I had a problem with at the show was the amount of people not willing to enter their 20,30,40,50k cars for a cost of $20. These shows can't happen without the support of sponsors and competitors. Just because you see another car with more mods doesn't mean you should drive away. Next year I hope to see more people competing.

Cheers.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:15 PM   #73
Bimmerette
3rd Gear Member

^^ I will definitely be entering next year's contest. The only reason I didn't this year is because I didn't want people thinking that I thought my car had a chance at winning
Plus, it was my first b/c. But next year, when I actually have rims, it will definitely be entered.
Bimmerette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 10:25 PM   #74
ImolaZHP
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superM3 View Post
Just wanted to thank Randy and everyone else involved with bimmercruise. The one thing I had a problem with at the show was the amount of people not willing to enter their 20,30,40,50k cars for a cost of $20. These shows can't happen without the support of sponsors and competitors. Just because you see another car with more mods doesn't mean you should drive away. Next year I hope to see more people competing.

Cheers.

as this was my first bimmercruise/bmw event.. i debated whether or not to enter and i did anyways, i knew i wasn't going to win any prizes, i just wanted to support the show.(mind you, i did have second thoughts as i was driving past your turbo m3 then the s/c m3, etc.) there was plenty of cars down the road and the parking lots that were nicely modified that definitely should have entered. for this year i guess it was okay though because the parking lot was full enough
ImolaZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 10:58 PM   #75
Sickbimmer
750HP turbo E46 M3

Just remember that there are different classes so that a car with rims and stereo won't compete against a super/turbo charged car with the same mods, hence the mild and wild classes.
Thanks to all that entered even though they thought they MIGHT not win a trophy.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: