Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Supporting Events > Bimmercruise
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-29-2008, 04:39 PM   #46
punnzzells
Banned

Send a message via MSN to punnzzells Send a message via Yahoo to punnzzells
Guys... it's a show...calm down.... even though some cars look like ASSSSSSSSS to you and I... to a score sheet, they get the numbers needed to win.... that's what a show is..not personal taste, points.... plain and simple..

I like the mosport show as well... as I did say before.... but... you can't please everyone.

Randy,

if you do a change next year.... make a sign, on a pole or something for each class so everyone parks together.... if it was mosport, for example... more room needed, just move a sign and cars.. in a parking lot, you are more restricted for space..... the grass makes for better pics too...

also...

coke zero suks... get diet for us fat falkers! ( yes... you mr. 225lbs )
punnzzells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 04:42 PM   #47
punnzzells
Banned

Send a message via MSN to punnzzells Send a message via Yahoo to punnzzells
forgot to add..

no one should be standing infront of a dyno or infront of a burnout contest ... c'mon... really... what is this civic nation yo yo!

use your brain... shiot happens... don't tempt fate.

... not to mention.... Randy's a poor falker...
punnzzells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 05:37 PM   #48
E46coupe
E92 M3

Great Show....wish they had more hot dogs! I was starving

thanks I enjoyed it!

Space Grey,Fox Red,DCT,EDC,Swift Springs,Carbon Fiber Roof,Diffuser,Splitters,Carbon Mirrors,M Performance Exhaust,ZCP Wheels,Caron Fiber Roof,15/12.5 spacers
E46coupe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 05:47 PM   #49
E36is
'OldSchool..'

my only disappointment was that there was only one bathroom, and the fawker before me must of had rot gut.
E36is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 06:26 PM   #50
greekthang
6th Gear Member

Seeing is alot of cars there sounded like they had some serious exhaust sounds and exhaust next year they should have a class with best exhaust sound.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:58 PM   #51
Boss17
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36is View Post
my only disappointment was that there was only one bathroom, and the fawker before me must of had rot gut.
LOL i was thinking the same thing. Show was great but 1 washroom, C'MON!!

LOL! Randy started getting annoyed with this guy blurting out comments during the trophy ceremony. That shit was jokes "hey do you just want the mic cause you won't shut up!" classic shit Randy.

I knew I wouldn't win anything but I paid the $20 to support a great show and all that. I'll definitely be at the next one and if any help is needed in organizing it, give me a hollar.

Eddie
1990 Ford Probe Turbo- SOLD
Boss17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 07:17 PM   #52
$500bimmer
6th Gear Member

good show...some stuff needs improvement... but i will be there next year and so on...

not really hoping to win anything just helping to keep a great thing going.

$500bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 08:02 PM   #53
gnome
on the roam

Nice event, good job. Had a chance to compete and made it to Jack Astor's afterwards (I wish more people showed up!).

Looking forward to next year. Here is some feedback:

- My wife and kids were getting weary towards the end of the day, the awards were given out 1 1/2 hours behind schedule. With no more food and limited amusements... so they called off the cruise and I drove them home. Had we left on time at 5PM I think they would have enjoyed it. We cruise all the time and attend meets but 7 hours in a parking lot in the Sun took its toll.
Next time bring out ice cream freezer, a slushy machine and catered coffee and you would have a hit.
- I try to keep my car mint, and have moderate but tasteful upgrades. I wish I was advised which catagory to compete in, as I found out later that there were M3's in the E46 mild catagory (M3's aren't mild by any stretch). I should have entered "luxury" or "misc" catagory - I had the only Touring at the event! At least I had some attention and questions from passers-by.

thanks
Old 09-29-2008, 08:35 PM   #54
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortShifter View Post
True say
LOL! I think you mean Touché .. word used when someone brings up a good response. Term came from fencing.

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 08:50 PM   #55
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnome View Post
- My wife and kids were getting weary towards the end of the day, the awards were given out 1 1/2 hours behind schedule. With no more food and limited amusements... so they called off the cruise and I drove them home. Had we left on time at 5PM I think they would have enjoyed it. We cruise all the time and attend meets but 7 hours in a parking lot in the Sun took its toll.
Next time bring out ice cream freezer, a slushy machine and catered coffee and you would have a hit.
- I try to keep my car mint, and have moderate but tasteful upgrades. I wish I was advised which catagory to compete in, as I found out later that there were M3's in the E46 mild catagory (M3's aren't mild by any stretch). I should have entered "luxury" or "misc" catagory - I had the only Touring at the event! At least I had some attention and questions from passers-by.

thanks
Appologies for the late trophy ceremony... seems like every year it happens, no matter what I do to correct the problem. This time, it was shear numbers. The judges had a hard time finishing before 4pm. Many competitors locked their cars (after being told not to), only to complain they weren't judged after 5pm!
Next year it looks like I will have to add more classes yet again. ///M cars will be seperated from nom///M, which will help those like yourself. This is great feedback guys, keep it coming... just don't repeat what i've already explained.

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:00 PM   #56
Gamite

Got some more ideas for the show:

SPL Competition
SQ Competition

There's a lot of audiophillies out there.

Specialty awards, when you register for your car, you should be able to register for 2 additional specialty awards, e.g: concourse and best paint, or smething like that. This way the judges don't actually have to go searching through all the cars to find them.

I like the idea of additional categories for M cars, but are you gonna do best m3/M5/M6? Additional 3 series classes are always welcome because there are so many of them, but not so much for the other series'.

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:05 PM   #57
Ant118
BmwAviator

Great show Randy! The Dyno was a great touch. Location was good, I mean who would have thought that it would get THAT crazy. I mean, this is getting bigger year after year. Also the cayuga idea is great. Plenty of room and some place to have fun with your modded cars on the drag/lapping. Also adding the M-cars for a seperate class would be a great idea. Beacause a E30 M3 for example has way more of an advantage over a 318is. Had a blast, will help out again next year! Oh btw Randy I have one of your FRS's.

2011 Alpine/Black 335is
Ant118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 11:06 PM   #58
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant118 View Post
Also adding the M cars for a seperate class would be a great idea. Beacause a E30 M3 for example has way more of an advantage over a 318is. Had a blast, will help out again next year! Oh btw randy I have one of your FRS's.
Yes and no, it seems that ///M cars do not always get all the points a non M with M parts gets, because they are considered as upgrades to the non-m car. Or at least that's how I think it works. I might be wrong though.(maybe Randy can shine some light on that)

Judging is hard with soo many vehicles. It is really nice to see some people come out with cars that we do not get to see regularly.

The icecream idea was a good one.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior

Last edited by bmwm5lover; 09-29-2008 at 11:10 PM.
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 11:41 PM   #59
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnome View Post

thanks
The Mild/Wild cathegory has to do with the level of modifications done to the car. Gary's orange monster (although non-M) is not the same as stock M3 (that does belong in a mild class!)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover View Post
Yes and no, it seems that ///M cars do not always get all the points a non M with M parts gets, because they are considered as upgrades to the non-m car. Or at least that's how I think it works. I might be wrong though.(maybe Randy can shine some light on that)

Judging is hard with soo many vehicles. It is really nice to see some people come out with cars that we do not get to see regularly.

The icecream idea was a good one.
It does make sens that the stock M cars are judged for what they are, not for smothing special if they were build that way from the factory...A 318 with ///M motor swap, brakes, interior, suspention etc shows a LOT more effort (and wins points) then a stock M3...
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X5 M3 M5

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Eurostyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 12:02 AM   #60
Furious
BMW again.

all in all the show was well done, Randy does a tremendous job. next year i'm sure people like myself are willing to help out in any way possible. the one thing i say to Randy every year is i would like to see bimmercruise in the summer, but really that, like the food issue is nitpicking.

A pet peeves i noticed at the show... idiots doing burnouts while leaving the parking lot.. seriously, you're one wrong move away from hitting a parked car and being all over youtube as the next moron that can't drive. All it takes is one guy to make a mistake and shut down the whole show (cops are just waiting for a reason).

Last edited by Furious; 09-30-2008 at 12:06 AM.
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: