Well the day finally came. I got the alternator for the 325 project car from UPS yesterday & began 8 hours of hard labour in that pouring rain yesterday putting the rest of the car back together. Thankfully it stopped raining & cleared up so the day wasn't a total wash.
Filled up the car with new syntec & blue pentosin antifreeze, hooked up the battery & crossed my fingers.
The car started! Took a couple of tries; I'm guessing cause the fuel lines were prolly dried up. Idle was pretty rough, partially casue of old gas & the computer trying to relearn. But I was thrilled that it was running! And no leaks!
For a little while anyways...
The car ran for about 15 mins, & came up to temp. The electric fan kicked on (a good thing). Then my buddy started yelling. Something's leaking.
I peeked underneath & looked... Antifreeze. I looked around & couldn't tell where it was coming from. So I shut the car off & looked around some more. The only place that I seen wet was around the oil dipstick & there was ALOT of fluid pooled around it.
So I got really pissed off (hadn't slept all day & was very edgy), slammed the hood down & went to bed.
I'm just hoping that there isn't another head/gasket issue. Guess I'l have a better idea when it stops raining today & I can check the oil & plugs. Either way I've got work ahead cause to get to the coolant lines at the firewall, you have to remove alot of stuff... Thanks BMW engineers
And so the saga continues... Sometimes is doesn't pay to try and win...