Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 5 series
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-01-2008, 12:44 PM   #1
m5racer
1st Gear Newbie

Need Exhaust, Clutch for 01 M5 (toronto)

Hello all,

As you can see im new here and need some help finding some parts for my car.

For a break down my car is a 01 M5, and the only mod that i have so far is a Ultronic Chip.

Currently i have been thinking and i want to get a few new items for my car. First off i need a new clutch beucase mine is starting to slip when i go WOT and inbetween changes. Is the Factory BMW clutch good enough or (i was thinking) getting a good, street aftermarket clutch that still is easy to drive in the city yet at the same time a bit stronger then the factory clutch shince my carf only has 55k on it. for the clutch im lookg for any good compaines or even shops in and around toronto that i can take the car to get a quote. I need it to be somewhere trustworthy as this is the first time doing something liek this to the car.

My second question is i want to get a better, more free flowing exhaust that sounds a bit better then the factory one, what are some good comapines that sound good but arnt too too lound.

Enjy some pics!

Again thanks for all the help

Anthony

Last edited by m5racer; 07-01-2008 at 12:49 PM.
m5racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:46 PM   #2
Gamite

you can get a clutch kit from www.autopartsway.ca cheapest place i believe. Otherwise contact our sponsors for some prices on installations.

For an exhaust, the performance is very negligible, unless you plan on going full exhaust including headers and high flow cats.

I would go on youtube and listen to the various exhausts to see what tone you like. Popular brands are Eisenmann, Supersprint and Tubi

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 04:16 PM   #3
MLue1
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamite View Post
you can get a clutch kit from www.autopartsway.ca cheapest place i believe.
+1 Check this price out, if you need it grab it M5 parts aren't cheap.

http://www.autopartsway.ca/autoparts...~BMW~M5~241142

Anthony, IMO in 55,000 kms your clutch shouldn't be slipping unless you're abusing it, you may want to get the problem diagnosed. Your handle is M5racer if thats your aspiration then check out this shop, they can do any street or track preparation on BMW, Porsche, Ferrari, Audi and Mercedes.

Bestline Auto Tech
40 Doughton Road
Unit#3
Contact Raymond at 905-482-3955, tell him Mark from Rennlist sent you.

Last edited by MLue1; 07-01-2008 at 04:43 PM.
MLue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:26 AM   #4
m5racer
1st Gear Newbie

thanks for the help so far, ya im looking more for some shops so then i can take my questions there and play out my options. Its also werd the clutch slipps but it only does it under hard drviing, and it only does it one in a blue moon. changing form 1-2 going alomst redline, sometimes it doesent catch. On highway doing 150+ i get some slippage again once in a blue moon. Car isent abbused.

As for the exhaust, im looking more for a nice sound, rather then jsut preformance gains. something that is a little deeper then the stock exhaust but still "quiet" under normal driving.

Oh and im not looking for the cheepest clutch, im looking for a good clutch (if thats my problem), im doing a huge 1.5day service omn the car in a few days so im gonna get those guys at BMW to dignose it and give me a price on a possible fix. ha
m5racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 12:36 PM   #5
MLue1
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5racer View Post
Oh and im not looking for the cheepest clutch, im looking for a good clutch (if thats my problem)
The clutch being sold by Autopartsway is a Sachs clutch which I for one wouldn't call cheap.

Sounds like the enphasisis on the sound... .

Good luck!

Last edited by MLue1; 07-02-2008 at 12:40 PM.
MLue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 01:12 PM   #6
Gamite

I believe Sachs is OEM.

As for exhaust, I went with the Eisenmann Sport exhaust, pretty much for the same reasons as you, I wanted a deeper sound, but not too loud. I'm going use the supersprint x-pipe with this. (It removes the resonators and effectively makes the exhaust a full cat back) Hopefully it won't be too loud in this combination.

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:51 AM   #7
e46it
5th Gear Member

FYI clutch replacement at the dealer for m5 is appox $900 bucks

2004 BMW 325i Touring SGM
2005 Suzuki GSXR 1000|1992 JDM Civic SiR RHD Black
2000 BMW M5 Avus Blue (GONE)
2002 BMW 325i Touring TVM (GONE)
1994 BMW 325i Saloon Black (GONE)
e46it is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:39 PM   #8
540i6
1st Gear Newbie

You can go to Engineered automotive. They are a Dinan certified dealership and maybe you'll have a chance to check out their 650hp dinan supercharged E39 M5. They are a little expensive but you get what you pay for. www.Engineeredautomotive.com
540i6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:20 PM   #9
uniter
spook

Sachs is OEM for the clutch, Dinan offers a clutch + flywheel. http://www.rogueengineering.com/Merc...gory_Code=LTWF Offers a larger clutch from the v12, 40mm larger
Old 07-20-2008, 09:23 PM   #10
Dado 540
6th Gear Member

There is someone selling M5 exhaust on kijiji. here the link:

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...QAdIdZ63138360
Dado 540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 07:56 AM   #11
Gamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dado 540 View Post
There is someone selling M5 exhaust on kijiji. here the link:

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...QAdIdZ63138360