Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Forced Induction
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-17-2008, 11:06 PM   #1
PROJECT_E36
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 260
F/I N00B needs help

Alright guys i know my way around normaly asperated engines and cars in gerneral. but when it comes to f/i im pretty clueless. so just a couple of questions about my new turbo.

So im wondering if i have to weld on a flange to the exhaust part of the turbo ??? if not what kind of bracket blots onto it?



Also the oil feed line is the larger one right ? and comes through the top of the turbo, and the oil return is the small steel briaded line right ?




lastly what kind of vacume line, and were does it go ? (the one closer to the exhaust turbine)



thanks again for your help

-Jakub
PROJECT_E36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 11:32 PM   #2
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member
 
NOTORIOUS VR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROJECT_E36 View Post
Alright guys i know my way around normaly asperated engines and cars in gerneral. but when it comes to f/i im pretty clueless. so just a couple of questions about my new turbo.

So im wondering if i have to weld on a flange to the exhaust part of the turbo ??? if not what kind of bracket blots onto it?
Looks like a V-band housing to me. So no you don't weld anything to it directly. You need to get a V-band flange and that is what you weld your downpipe to, which then inturb clamps to u'r exhaust housing.




Quote:
Also the oil feed line is the larger one right ? and comes through the top of the turbo, and the oil return is the small steel briaded line right ?
Exactly the opposite actually. The feed is the braided line, and the drain is the larger rubber hose.

Quote:
lastly what kind of vacume line, and were does it go ? (the one closer to the exhaust turbine)
The vacuum lines are for your wastegate (the actuator w/ the rod going to the exhaust housing). They go to your manifold and boost controller.

Quote:
thanks again for your help

-Jakub
No problem
__________________
E36 VEMS TUNING
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS VR
NOTORIOUS VR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 07:39 PM   #3
PROJECT_E36
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 260
thanks alot gor your help
PROJECT_E36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.