Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-11-2008, 03:25 AM   #1
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
what's with G35 owners?

I get on DVP where it turns in 404, everytime I see G35 coupe owners with some crazy driving. Here is a brief description:
He does fly-by ricer in narrow 2 lane bridge-ramp. After that some crazy cutting off moves and right / left lane changes.
I mean, I have driven G35 and it's just a cheaply made nissan with 3.5L. There are many E46 M3s that pass nicely and keep it straight.

???
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 07:41 AM   #2
enfield
2nd Gear Member

I have not run into G35 drivers who drive dangerously....

335i drivers on the other hand.... What's up with them? They always seems to want to should me in my Z4M Coupe how good their cars are at accelerating out from traffic lights.... LOL
enfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 08:20 AM   #3
dtthiaga
6th Gear Member

A lot of people say the exact same thing about BMW drivers. Either they are going in and out of traffic, or think they are god's gift to the road and pitch their tents on the left lane.

I'm not sure what car you are driving, but a 6spd manual G35 is a pretty nice car, and fast. I love the implementation of the navigation system.
dtthiaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 08:46 AM   #4
BigD
the misanthropist

^^^ +1

Just depends on personal experience. If I judged BMW drivers only by what I observed on the road, the picture would be equally grim. Every BMW driver I see acts like a dickless moron - everything is a test! He must prove how big his little cock is all the time. The greatest tragedy is lining up first at a red light - it MUST be a race, challenging his non-existant manhood. And apparently there's something fundamentally wrong with obeying speed limits. To the point where I've seen these douchebags almost lose it in turns where the speed limit is actually a comfortable ceiling speed for the turn - any faster and you have to pay attention. They of course don't, because they're driving the world's greatest driving machine, which must automatically do +40, then they barely keep it on the road, and gun it to get away from people infront of whom they've just made a complete ass of themselves.

The G35 drivers I encounter are generally too spaced out to cause any problems - just making noise with that annoying ass exhaust note.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:23 AM   #5
JunzieB
Wants more powaaa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD View Post
^^^ +1

Just depends on personal experience. If I judged BMW drivers only by what I observed on the road, the picture would be equally grim. Every BMW driver I see acts like a dickless moron - everything is a test! He must prove how big his little cock is all the time. The greatest tragedy is lining up first at a red light - it MUST be a race, challenging his non-existant manhood. And apparently there's something fundamentally wrong with obeying speed limits. To the point where I've seen these douchebags almost lose it in turns where the speed limit is actually a comfortable ceiling speed for the turn - any faster and you have to pay attention. They of course don't, because they're driving the world's greatest driving machine, which must automatically do +40, then they barely keep it on the road, and gun it to get away from people infront of whom they've just made a complete ass of themselves.

The G35 drivers I encounter are generally too spaced out to cause any problems - just making noise with that annoying ass exhaust note.
+100
I agree fully, right up until that exhaust note part. I happen to like the G35's exhaust note

Quote:
Disclaimer:The opinions expressed by JunzieB is his alone and does not reflect the opinions of Maxbimmer or any members thereof. JunzieB is not responsible for any hurt feelings that may develop during the reading of his posts.
JunzieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 02:19 PM   #6
lvan
6th Gear Member

Of course. Nobody can touch BMW drivers from that driving habbit, but some g35 could fall in that group.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:25 AM   #7
dtthiaga
6th Gear Member

I think you've got a bit too much BMW pride. I'd take a 05-06 G35Coupe Manual over my car, if I could do without a 4 Door.
"He does fly-by ricer in narrow 2 lane bridge-ramp.

Recently, there was a BMW driver who claimed he does the same thing, and wondered why people get pissed.
The G35 Coupe Manual's exhaust note is actually quite nice inside. A bit deeper would be perfect, but it's nice. Spend some time behind the wheel of that car and you'll definitely say it's better than a E36 or E30. I'd say it's better than a E46 320, 323, 325. The E46 330 might be questionable. You can't deny the power advantage.

I got more thumbs up behind the wheel of a tastefully lowered G35 coupe than a lowered BMW.
dtthiaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 11:43 AM   #8
Boots R
Boots, not boost

ew, how can you even like the g35?

it handles like a piece of shit and the interior is garbage.
Boots R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 11:49 AM   #9
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots R View Post

+1 and I still can't stand the sound of them. I know preference is highly personal but to me it sounds like an S85, already one of the most annoying vacuum cleaner sounding engines, with testicular atrophy.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:08 PM   #10
StikiGreenZ
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to StikiGreenZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtthiaga View Post
The E46 330 might be questionable. You can't deny the power advantage.

I got more thumbs up behind the wheel of a tastefully lowered G35 coupe than a lowered BMW.
My buddy has a G35, my e46 330 can't keep up. It's a faster car, but it doesnt ride that well (very harsh ride compared to my e46 on 19's).

BMW 645i - Black on Red
Range Rover Sport - Black on Black
StikiGreenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 01:08 PM   #11
sirex
King Sirex

looks ugly too.

though most of the new bmws look pretty ugly. so watcha gonna do

why would a 3.5 litre lose a 3 litre?

Last edited by sirex; 06-12-2008 at 01:11 PM.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 02:03 PM   #12
lvan
6th Gear Member

Dtth,

No bmw pride at all. The G35 are losing their value like nuts. You can trade/sell your car and own g35 in matter of few thousands. I don't get it. Why drive a car if you can get a better ride for the same price or even better.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:50 AM   #13
Michel
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtthiaga View Post
Spend some time behind the wheel of that car and you'll definitely say it's better than a E36 or E30. I'd say it's better than a E46 320, 323, 325. The E46 330 might be questionable. You can't deny the power advantage.

I've spent time in all the cars you've mentioned.. personally? I'll still take an e30/36 over G35 lol... they drive MUCHH better and even an e30's interior is nicer imo. As for the thumbs up, well, I'd rather buy a car I enjoy driving more than people enjoy watching...(even though I find e30's nicer than the g35)
Old 06-13-2008, 09:34 AM   #14
M_Sleeze
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots R View Post

it sounds like it has bronchitis
M_Sleeze is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: