Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E46 (1998 - 2005)
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-30-2008, 11:52 AM   #16
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Stance
Posts: 12,845
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky View Post
Yes its weak but as much as your making it out to be compared to a 323.......one I have a 320 and was going to buy a 99 323i last year, I test drove it and there is not much a difference when u step on the gas.
I disagree. My mother drives a 323i 5-speed, and when it went into a 6-week long warranty repair at Autohaus (who royally messed up the job, but that's another story) we had a 320i 5-speed loaner. The power difference is very, very noticeable. While a 323 and a 325 are close in feel (she got one of those once; it sounds a lot better but the power is close), the 320 is definitely weaker in the midrange than either.
__________________

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 12:01 PM   #17
Sneaky
One of the Zealots
 
Sneaky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal View Post
I disagree. My mother drives a 323i 5-speed, and when it went into a 6-week long warranty repair at Autohaus (who royally messed up the job, but that's another story) we had a 320i 5-speed loaner. The power difference is very, very noticeable. While a 323 and a 325 are close in feel (she got one of those once; it sounds a lot better but the power is close), the 320 is definitely weaker in the midrange than either.


Whatever dude, you just sound biased.
__________________
THE OFFICIAL BLACK SEDAN THREAD because Nothing breaks necks like a Black BMW.
Sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 12:03 PM   #18
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Stance
Posts: 12,845
Dude, it's my moms car. It's a slow, boring commuter car. I'm just saying the 320 is an even slower one.
__________________

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 12:09 PM   #19
Sneaky
One of the Zealots
 
Sneaky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal View Post
Dude, it's my moms car. It's a slow, boring commuter car. I'm just saying the 320 is an even slower one.
Whatever, ppl are always going to hate on this site.

I'm happy with my car and don't regret it one bit...I could have always spent way less money and got a 323 sedan or e36 m3 but im happy with my choice.
__________________
THE OFFICIAL BLACK SEDAN THREAD because Nothing breaks necks like a Black BMW.

Last edited by Sneaky; 05-30-2008 at 12:15 PM.
Sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 12:30 PM   #20
JunzieB
Wants more powaaa!
 
JunzieB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: B-Town
Posts: 1,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky View Post
Whatever, ppl are always going to hate on this site.

I'm happy with my car and don't regret it one bit...I could have always spent way less money and got a 323 sedan or e36 m3 but im happy with my choice.
Holy defensive!!

Ps. yes they are coming out with a tt version of the X6's engine
__________________


Quote:
Disclaimer:The opinions expressed by JunzieB is his alone and does not reflect the opinions of Maxbimmer or any members thereof. JunzieB is not responsible for any hurt feelings that may develop during the reading of his posts.
JunzieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 12:49 PM   #21
v_bimmer
Jailbait FTW
 
v_bimmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 2,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky View Post
Whatever, ppl are always going to hate on this site.

I'm happy with my car and don't regret it one bit...I could have always spent way less money and got a 323 sedan or e36 m3 but im happy with my choice.
you sound like every other aggravated owner of a low end car, you have what you have, nobody cares if you regret it or not, we all still know its a 320!!

and regarding your post, i didnt know that cars with more features cost less money??? (im talking about 323/325) and i bet you, you cant buy a decent e36 m3 for the price of a 320
__________________
v_bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 12:52 PM   #22
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Stance
Posts: 12,845
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky View Post
I could have always spent way less money and got a 323 sedan or e36 m3
Which is why everyone loves to pick on you.
__________________

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 12:59 PM   #23
Sneaky
One of the Zealots
 
Sneaky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal View Post
Which is why everyone loves to pick on you.
Yeah I don't care anymore. If you get to the root of it, all this competition. It all comes down to money anyway.

Its funny, people on this site want a pat on the back for having more powerful cars like they designed it or something. Why do ppl think their they deserve extra respect or bragging rights because of something they 'bought' not something they built or achieved.


I don't care, If it wasn't for ppl with 320s. People with higher models wouldnt have a reason to feel good about themselves.
__________________
THE OFFICIAL BLACK SEDAN THREAD because Nothing breaks necks like a Black BMW.

Last edited by Sneaky; 05-30-2008 at 01:08 PM.
Sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 01:03 PM   #24
Sneaky
One of the Zealots
 
Sneaky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by v_bimmer View Post
you sound like every other aggravated owner of a low end car, you have what you have, nobody cares if you regret it or not, we all still know its a 320!!

and regarding your post, i didnt know that cars with more features cost less money??? (im talking about 323/325) and i bet you, you cant buy a decent e36 m3 for the price of a 320

hahahahahahaha this guy is hilarious. Your car is a 1993 one of the first e36s ever produced but because its a 325i this guy thinks he has something on me and has this condescending tone. LOL only on Max Bimmer.
__________________
THE OFFICIAL BLACK SEDAN THREAD because Nothing breaks necks like a Black BMW.
Sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 01:16 PM   #25
v_bimmer
Jailbait FTW
 
v_bimmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 2,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky View Post
hahahahahahaha this guy is hilarious. Your car is a 1993 one of the first e36s ever produced but because its a 325i this guy thinks he has something on me and has this condescending tone. LOL only on Max Bimmer.
did i mention anything about my car??? did i say i have something on you??? the guy that is hilarious is you, because this is not a competition!! and even if it was trust me i would choose my 320 s50 e36 over your car ANYDAY!! but it wasnt the point i was making, the point is, stop bragging about your grossery getter 320, peace
__________________
v_bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 01:20 PM   #26
v_bimmer
Jailbait FTW
 
v_bimmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 2,065
btw i see you are learning a lot in this thread, about engines and stuff, maybe you should add this to your notes, the first production e36 was build in 1992, in USDM atleast
__________________
v_bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 01:24 PM   #27
Boots R
Boots, not boost
 
Boots R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brampton
Posts: 11,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky View Post
I don't care, If it wasn't for ppl with 320s. People with higher models wouldnt have a reason to feel good about themselves.
another 320 owner trying to justify their purchase.

Last edited by Boots R; 05-30-2008 at 01:28 PM.
Boots R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 01:27 PM   #28
Sneaky
One of the Zealots
 
Sneaky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by v_bimmer View Post
did i mention anything about my car??? did i say i have something on you??? the guy that is hilarious is you, because this is not a competition!! and even if it was trust me i would choose my 320 s50 e36 over your car ANYDAY!! but it wasnt the point i was making, the point is, stop bragging about your grossery getter 320, peace
I'm not bragging, my point is that nobody in this thread has anything to brag about. We all have used cars and we all have the 'old' model. I just think we should all get along instead of trying undermine and clown each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_bimmer View Post
btw i see you are learning a lot in this thread, about engines and stuff, maybe you should add this to your notes, the first production e36 was build in 1992, in USDM atleast
I said one of the 1st, I know they came out in 92. I was this close to buying an e36 last year.
__________________
THE OFFICIAL BLACK SEDAN THREAD because Nothing breaks necks like a Black BMW.

Last edited by Sneaky; 05-30-2008 at 01:29 PM.
Sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 01:28 PM   #29
Sneaky
One of the Zealots
 
Sneaky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots R View Post
another 320 owner trying to justtify their purchase.
That made me "LOL" for some reason. I give you props for your first funny post on here.

<3
__________________
THE OFFICIAL BLACK SEDAN THREAD because Nothing breaks necks like a Black BMW.
Sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 01:29 PM   #30
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Stance
Posts: 12,845
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky View Post
We all have used cars
Actually my E30 is still one owner.

And yeah, like everyone else, we just make these posts to see you get defensive. It's pretty entertaining, especially when I'm stuck here at my desk "working".
__________________

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2014