Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E46 (1998 - 2005)
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-29-2008, 02:09 PM   #1
Souvrain
Jammin
 
Souvrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Hull Qc
Posts: 569
Send a message via MSN to Souvrain
wich engine is in the 323i ?

Yeah so maybe a stupid question but i cant fint the anwser .. the 323i 2000
is it a six ?
Souvrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 02:28 PM   #2
maxevo
4th Gear Member
 
maxevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Richmondhill
Posts: 871
its an inline 6 , m52
__________________
maxevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 03:12 PM   #3
HoldenC
Pro Mobile Detailing
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: GTA
Posts: 379
323i: 2.5 liter M52, inline 6
325i: 2.5 liter M54, inline 6
HoldenC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 03:20 PM   #4
Quickid
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: West End
Posts: 422
More details here... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_M52
Quickid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 03:31 PM   #5
Souvrain
Jammin
 
Souvrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Hull Qc
Posts: 569
Send a message via MSN to Souvrain
hey ! thanks guys ... did even think about wikipedia DOH!
Souvrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 04:47 PM   #6
Sneaky
One of the Zealots
 
Sneaky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,568
IT has the same horse power as the engine in a 320i (170) but takes more gas and is .3 litres larger. Its also the same engine in the e36 323.
__________________
THE OFFICIAL BLACK SEDAN THREAD because Nothing breaks necks like a Black BMW.
Sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 04:56 PM   #7
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Stance
Posts: 12,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky View Post
IT has the same horse power as the engine in a 320i (170) but takes more gas and is .3 litres larger. Its also the same engine in the e36 323.
lol, the 323 makes 26lb-ft more torque though. Pretty big difference.

And the E46 M52TUB25 is pretty damn different from the E36 M52B25.
__________________

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 05:02 PM   #8
Sneaky
One of the Zealots
 
Sneaky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal View Post
lol, the 323 makes 26lb-ft more torque though. Pretty big difference.
Not that big considering the difference in engine size.


Quote:
And the E46 M52TUB25 is pretty damn different from the E36 M52B25.
Whats the difference? And is there difference between the e46 330 and e90 325?
__________________
THE OFFICIAL BLACK SEDAN THREAD because Nothing breaks necks like a Black BMW.

Last edited by Sneaky; 05-29-2008 at 05:06 PM.
Sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 05:33 PM   #9
Soldo
6th Gear Member
 
Soldo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 12,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky View Post
Not that big considering the difference in engine size.




Whats the difference? And is there difference between the e46 330 and e90 325?
SIGH, yes it is a pretty big difference. 320's are pretty weak, no offense!

There is a big difference in all the engines you named. First off, between the E90 and E46 330, pretty sure its an all together different engine model code.

Secondly, the difference between the 2 M52 engines is one has Dual Vanos, which is a noticeble difference!
__________________
Keven Soldo
Soldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 05:46 PM   #10
Sneaky
One of the Zealots
 
Sneaky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldo View Post
SIGH, yes it is a pretty big difference. 320's are pretty weak, no offense!

There is a big difference in all the engines you named. First off, between the E90 and E46 330, pretty sure its an all together different engine model code.

Secondly, the difference between the 2 M52 engines is one has Dual Vanos, which is a noticeble difference!
I meant the e90 325 and e46 330.. they have the same horse power I was wondering if the engines were the same.

Yes its weak but as much as your making it out to be compared to a 323.......one I have a 320 and was going to buy a 99 323i last year, I test drove it and there is not much a difference when u step on the gas. Compared to a 325i, there is a difference but again minimal until you reach higher speeds. Theres a huge difference with the 330 and m3 though. And for some reason I thought Double Vanos technology came out in 2001 when they replaced the 323/328.
__________________
THE OFFICIAL BLACK SEDAN THREAD because Nothing breaks necks like a Black BMW.

Last edited by Sneaky; 05-29-2008 at 05:48 PM.
Sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 06:11 PM   #11
Soldo
6th Gear Member
 
Soldo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 12,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky View Post
I meant the e90 325 and e46 330.. they have the same horse power I was wondering if the engines were the same.

Yes its weak but as much as your making it out to be compared to a 323.......one I have a 320 and was going to buy a 99 323i last year, I test drove it and there is not much a difference when u step on the gas. Compared to a 325i, there is a difference but again minimal until you reach higher speeds. Theres a huge difference with the 330 and m3 though. And for some reason I thought Double Vanos technology came out in 2001 when they replaced the 323/328.
You are wrong, check your facts....

http://www.usautoparts.net/bmw/engines/m52.htm

Just because 2 engines have the same power would be a bad idea to assume its the same engine!
__________________
Keven Soldo
Soldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 08:10 PM   #12
Sneaky
One of the Zealots
 
Sneaky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldo View Post
You are wrong, check your facts....

http://www.usautoparts.net/bmw/engines/m52.htm

Just because 2 engines have the same power would be a bad idea to assume its the same engine!
Thanks for the link, so what about the 135, 335i, and 535i? Do they use the same twin turbo charged engine?
__________________
THE OFFICIAL BLACK SEDAN THREAD because Nothing breaks necks like a Black BMW.
Sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 08:39 PM   #13
Soldo
6th Gear Member
 
Soldo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 12,484
YES, the same model year with the same power output and engine size all use the same TT engine. As far as i know, BMW only has ONE modern Turbo engine!
__________________
Keven Soldo
Soldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 11:21 PM   #14
Mikeee46coup
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Waterloo/Mississauga
Posts: 1,405
323ci>325ci ask around you'll see!
__________________

DPE Wheels, H&R Cupkit, M3 Interior...too many mods to list.
Mikeee46coup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 11:25 PM   #15
Sneaky
One of the Zealots
 
Sneaky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldo View Post
YES, the same model year with the same power output and engine size all use the same TT engine. As far as i know, BMW only has ONE modern Turbo engine!

Isnt the x6 engine turbo charged?
__________________
THE OFFICIAL BLACK SEDAN THREAD because Nothing breaks necks like a Black BMW.
Sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.