Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-28-2008, 10:27 PM   #1
6appeal
3rd Gear Member

My DDM experience

I've been seeing a lot about DDMtuning being said on the forums, mainly about how they deal with us Canadians so I figured I would tell people about my experience in hopes of making people less reluctant.

April 8th: Called in and ordered (cut the B/S and call rather than send messages to DDM)

E46 facelift white corner lights with black trim $25
E46 facelift white sidemarkers $25
E46 facelift white and red tail lights $110
E46 DDE Plus Angel Eyes (with harness) $55
E36 DDE Plus Angel Eyes $55

I paid with my credit card over the phone and was told that shipping would total $65 and agreed to my request to value all the items at $100 to save me a few dollars at the border. After I confirmed what I ordered and my payment, I was told that it would 3-5 business days to receive the items.

3 weeks later...
I got tired of waiting and called them up again to see the status of my shipment. It turns out they had held on to my items because the tail lights were on back order. Even though all the other items I had ordered were in stock, they did not want to ship anything separately due to a higher shipping cost and without my authorization. I told them to ship what they had and ship the tails whenever they get it. Shipping them separately turned out costing about $40 more but I didn't care, I wanted my stuff. They agreed and gave me a FedEx tracking number so I can track the first shipment. This shipment would include everything listed except for the tails.

I get the tracking number messaged to me on bimmerforums shortly after the phone call and begin tracking my shipment. The package was in the Mississauga sorting facility (in from San Diego) within 36 hours. I got them on the 3rd business day at 11am. Fastest shipment I've ever had. I paid $40 tax on delivery. I'm still waiting for the tail lights.

I just wish they had called me to tell me that the tail lights were on backorder. Aside from that, they were extremely helpful. The items were shipped promptly, there were no surprise costs, and the quality of items were great. The corners are made by Depo and apparently so are the tails. The Angel Eyes are the best and a breeze to install (Thanx Propr'one!). They are comparable to ThinLine Angel Eyes available from Umnitza and half the cost. Their prices are the lowest and they have an awesome selection. They also gave me tips on installing the Angel Eyes once I called in during the installation.

Thank you to Marcus and DDMtuning.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: