Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Forced Induction
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-20-2008, 12:22 PM   #1
blk325i
3rd Gear Member

starting problem

i have a 97 m3 with ERT supercharger 6psi bought the kit used off ebay, when i brought the car out of storage i decided to install m50 manifold on it and now when the car sits over night or engine cools off completly i won't start it takes few tryes and then will fire up no problem. Does anyone know what the reason for this would be?? i got a vacum leak?
btw car is turning over but it won't fire up
the other thing is when the car is idleing i got about 10-11 psi of vacum on my boost gauge does anyone know what it should be?
thanks
blk325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 07:26 PM   #2
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

I'd lean towards a vacuum leak if you're only getting 10-11 in. of vac.

What was the idle vac. before the manifold install? Typically a healthy stock cammed motor should see approx 15-18 in. of vac. @ idle.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:11 AM   #3
blk325i
3rd Gear Member

i dont know what it had before the manifold i didn't have a gauge hook up but now is anyware between 10-12
i put all new vacum lines on last night and vacum is the same and still didn't want to fire up on first try this morning
Old 05-21-2008, 10:16 AM   #4
blk325i
3rd Gear Member

i dont know what it had before the manifold i didn't have a gauge hook up but now is anyware between 10-12
i put all new vacum lines on last night and vacum is the same and still didn't want to fire up on first try this morning
Old 05-22-2008, 12:27 PM   #5
blk325i
3rd Gear Member

can some one tell me when you do a m50 swap do you have to hook up anything differently from s52 manifold?? i have kopreformance installation kit and at the end of it it says to hook up a vacum valve to injectors plug i tryed that but the car wouldn't fire up at all like that so i just hook it up the way it was on s52. is this right or should i hook the valve up to injectors plug??

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: