Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-09-2008, 04:49 PM   #1
AmaRu
6th Gear Member
 
AmaRu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 1,691
Insurance & 10day permit



Well I took my car out of storage last week and since I have 2 new tickets on my license this year which makes a total of 3 im getting rediculous quotes like $500-$600/m.
Im 22 and I already have a truck that I use for work and ill only be driving my other car on weekends for about 4 months. Can anyone maybe recommend a company or broker? Some advice/suggestions would be nice also.

One more thing I was wondering, if I get a 10 day permit if I could drive the car up north for the weekend before I actually insure it.
__________________
/_____l_________l_____\
[___[']==(\X/)==[']___]
-----------------------------
\__l_l-[-------------]-l_l__/
\____________________/
AmaRu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 04:53 PM   #2
Boots R
Boots, not boost
 
Boots R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brampton
Posts: 11,033
regarding the 10 day permit: Yes, you can drive anywhere in ontario with a 10 day. (although if you get pulled over, you need proof of insurance. You should have technically needed insurance to get that 10 day permit)

Regarding the insurance: My broker has helped out many people. Hub International - 905-459-4000.
Boots R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 06:04 PM   #3
Big Chin
5th Gear Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Toronto - Waterloo
Posts: 1,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmaRu View Post
Well I took my car out of storage last week and since I have 2 new tickets on my license this year which makes a total of 3 im getting rediculous quotes like $500-$600/m.
Im 22 and I already have a truck that I use for work and ill only be driving my other car on weekends for about 4 months. Can anyone maybe recommend a company or broker? Some advice/suggestions would be nice also.

One more thing I was wondering, if I get a 10 day permit if I could drive the car up north for the weekend before I actually insure it.
That is a ridiculous amount of money per month... I only pay $300... Primary on a Mini Van... but I can drive the 540 or the G35... Man tickets inflate your premiums that much eh?
__________________
Maxbimmer FeedBack
Big Chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 06:08 PM   #4
archrival
E36 Addict
 
archrival's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Norwood, Ontario
Posts: 570
wow im 22 and pay 160/ month with full coverage on my 328, storage on my accord and life insurance...and i do have tickets too...guess its that much more expensive in toronto area...btw im with state farm
archrival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 07:23 PM   #5
Boots R
Boots, not boost
 
Boots R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brampton
Posts: 11,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by archrival View Post
wow im 22 and pay 160/ month with full coverage on my 328, storage on my accord and life insurance...and i do have tickets too...guess its that much more expensive in toronto area...btw im with state farm

you live in peterborough. It's not that hard to ensure farmers.
Boots R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 02:38 AM   #6
Big Chin
5th Gear Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Toronto - Waterloo
Posts: 1,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots R View Post
you live in peterborough. It's not that hard to ensure farmers.
lol I was going to say maybe they thought the 328 was some sort of John Deer
__________________
Maxbimmer FeedBack
Big Chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 12:39 PM   #7
AmaRu
6th Gear Member
 
AmaRu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 1,691
Yea I can't justify paying $600/m if im only gonna be driving it on weekends. Is anyone here an insurance broker?
__________________
/_____l_________l_____\
[___[']==(\X/)==[']___]
-----------------------------
\__l_l-[-------------]-l_l__/
\____________________/
AmaRu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 07:52 PM   #8
325isdan
5th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: GTA
Posts: 1,112
what are your tickets for?
325isdan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 08:18 PM   #9
archrival
E36 Addict
 
archrival's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Norwood, Ontario
Posts: 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Chin View Post
lol I was going to say maybe they thought the 328 was some sort of John Deer

Hey hey..the farmers are in Norwood
archrival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 08:46 PM   #10
AmaRu
6th Gear Member
 
AmaRu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 1,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325isdan View Post
what are your tickets for?
seat belt
improper turn
25 over

There stupid tickets, but apparantly it doesnt matter.
__________________
/_____l_________l_____\
[___[']==(\X/)==[']___]
-----------------------------
\__l_l-[-------------]-l_l__/
\____________________/
AmaRu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2015