Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Multimedia > Videos and Sound
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-02-2008, 01:24 AM   #1
Red_Liner740
2nd Gear Member

540i Touring

Right....

i dont post much on MaxBimmer but heres something i'm damn proud off...

first of all, here is what she looks like right now.

a bit about her:

i got her jan of last year and she was a 94 530i automatic Touring. in spring i converted her to a 5spd manual and removed the resonator. lowered the front and threw on the 18" staggered m-parallels....she stayed basically the same until i decided to swap out the 3.0 M60 v8 and put in the 540i motor the M60B40. the swap was done in my garage last week. so shes now technically a 540i, something they never came as in north america, and a manual, another thing they never came as in North America, the Wagons that is.

so...the exhaust was done on tues...it consists of stock cats with a y pipe right after into a 3" pipe into a magnaflow 3" in 3" out part no. 14219 sitting where the stock muffler would be into an oval shaped tip. fits perfectly in the opening...

right, so the videos...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12nzsHJGMes

thats open cats....drove like that sun, mon and tuesday while finding a shop to do the work.

and here she is with magnaflow on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5lFOHawSOQ

she sounds even better in real life...its undescribable, u kinda wanna say its a V8 sound, but not really, u wanna say, inline 6 ala Skyline, but its not that either, and it almost has a bit of the Ferrari sound to it as well...i get goose bumps whenever i hear it. it turned out 10x better than what i expected.

learn from me. screw the "resonator delete" i had that before....it sounded "better" but i spit on it compared to this...it doesnt have none of that raspiness that comes at higher rpm...i think the whole smooth resonance thing comes from combining the two pipes...

i had a 5.0 with cat back magnaflows...NOTHING like this...this definitively has an exotic sound to it...i ask myself sometimes if i accidentally swapped in a V10 DOHC in there....

anyways, also, ignore the check engine light, its the 02 sensors, ignore the ASC light as it no longer works, ignore the temp guage 1/4 way up as its the plug in the back of the cluster acting up....

and ENJOY!

whoever is coming to the bimmercruise will get to see her then...

- 1994 530iT: M60B40'd + 5spd conversion, 18" Style 32's, Magnaflow catback, Voltglands, angel eyes, Erebuni ACS body kit, 10" sub and amp, Alpine deck, soon to be supercharged!!

- 1984 635CSI: 92 535 M30 5spd, Koni Yellows, Eibachs, Magnaflow cat + catback, short throw shifter, Style 5's, 2x 10" subs, soon to have 3.46LSD. STOLEN! baby's gone.
Red_Liner740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 06:32 AM   #2
magnus
6th Gear Member

Nice!

"Lo there do I see my father.
Lo there do I see my mother.
Lo there do I see my brothers and my sisters.
Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the beginning.
Lo they do call to me
they bid me take my place among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
where the brave may live forever"
magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 02:06 PM   #3
v_bimmer
Jailbait FTW

very nice, love the sound!!
Old 05-02-2008, 03:34 PM   #4
ShortShifter
Sex Wagon

Thats awesome bro! One of a kind sound!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD View Post
Only if you have an iVag.
ShortShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 04:03 PM   #5
Boss17
6th Gear Member

Your car sounds amazing. I never knew the 540 produced such a nice exhaust note. You definitely have a nice and unique ride.
1990 Ford Probe Turbo- SOLD
Boss17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 04:30 PM   #6
Derrick
2nd Gear Member

How hard was it to do the auto to manual swap? Thinking about doing it to my e39.....Nice car by the way,sweet sound
Derrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 12:08 AM   #7
bimmerjoe
Yagerbombs/skanks

guys guys guys, you have not a ****ing clue what this bad boy sounds like.. if any of you heared a vr6 motor with an exhaust and how beautiful it sounds, imagine that with a v8 instead!! i actually drove this car that day at the cruise at kelseys and boy let me tell you it fukin hauls ass.. i fell inlove with that fukin beast!!!! im getting that exact same setup for my 540i ill post video when its done!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: