Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > Supporting Vendor Comments/Feedback > Eurostyle Design
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-02-2008, 10:34 PM   #1
noid
5th Gear Member
 
noid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burlington Ontario
Posts: 947
Eurostyle... a bad one.

Let me start off by saying im not out to bash, rather to explain my experience to provide constructive criticism and advice for people who deal with filip in the future.

I was in need of an ECU and to MY ignorance I forgot to ask him if it was a 153 or a 173 for my e30 and assumed it was a 173 for the price he was charging.

So i booked off work so i could drive up to Mississauga right after school around rush because i just got paid and i needed the ECU for Sunday for the cruise.

I get there, and realize thats its a 153... well not that big of a deal since i was looking for anything that would work (just assumed for the price it was a 173)he seemed like a very friendly kind guy who actually let me borrow his extension for my socket wrench.

I put it in and it runs like crap. Engine check light on right away and sputtering like crazy. Then i put mine back and it fires up and runs fine. I triple checked the connection to see that it was alright and it was definetly the ECU.

This was a very very VERY big disappointment to say the least. Partly because i had driven over an hour in rush traffic, burning gas, and time i could have spent at work to come get this, on top of that i had to drive back away from toronto in even worse traffic. The only reason i made the trip is because i was in need of it of course and because i asked him if it was 100% working and he said it was. I'm sure it was running at one point when he tested it god knows when.

As i said before Filip seemed nice and even lent me some tools but should check his parts before saying its 100% working... especially for people traveling a far distance. For potential buyers, my advice is to double check the item and see that it fits/works good before forking over the money.

Another good point is that he communicated very fast and effectively over pm and phone.


Sorry Filip you seemed nice but when someone gives me their word i expect it to be good.

From a pm:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by noid
Will you take $35?100% sure its working? Where are you located?
Quote:
No, thats too cheap....Yes it works, it was from a running car...The location and contact info is all in my sig, (near Dixie and 401)...
noid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 11:38 PM   #2
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor
 
Eurostyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Milton
Posts: 14,774
This is very easy to explain; Yes i did say it was working, and I STILL STAND to that statement! Let me tell you why; it came off a 88 325is, if you search a few years back you can see the car, Alpine white, with seized transmission. We got the car started (at Bimmersort, so plenty people have seen it work), it had fuel issues, was sitting for 3-4 years, and yes it DID run ruff, like any car that sits for that long! But it was running non the less! The engine went to scrap, never every tryed selling it, but to my knoledge ECU's dont go bad just from sitting a long time...So a very natural assumption would be that the part was working.

As you can immagine, not all parts can be tested in every case (this one did, and was judged to be functional) but some others come from NOT running cars, so there is no way of knowing if something is good or not. This is why we let you test it! Try to go to any junk yard and see if they let you walk out with any electroninc component just to test it!


I let you test it, even take it arround the block to see how it is, before you even buy it, i think this is the best anyone in the industry can do...


As for the price, i like you to take your offer of $35 and go to Chuck's, Shantaram, or any BMW parts shop and see the kind of service you get. They will laugh at you. I posted my price, like it or not, thats what i was looking to get for it. If i have to spend 2 weeks PMing, fighting over $15, its just not worth it for me. I wasted just about the same time repling to you, as you did driving to see me.
__________________
BIMMER HEAVEN
Specialized in BMW recycling, all OEM used parts
Up to 90% off new cost!!!
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X5 M3 M5


Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!

Last edited by Eurostyle; 05-02-2008 at 11:51 PM.
Eurostyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 12:30 AM   #3
e30_kid89
The Afro-stig
 
e30_kid89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: TDot West End
Posts: 4,585
Send a message via MSN to e30_kid89
You're already getting a good deal as it is..and you didnt loose any money..why are you labelling him a "bad one" but you say you don't wanna bash? I'm sure fil was being honest when he said the computer was taken from a running car but he can't/doesn't have time to flag down the next e30 he sees and make sure it runs 100 percent fine!

I don't understand how this was a bad transaction. No money was exchanged, he let you try the computer and it didn't work and you didn't buy it and he took it back. suck up your loss and keep looking for the computer IMHO.
__________________
e30_kid89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 12:41 AM   #4
noid
5th Gear Member
 
noid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burlington Ontario
Posts: 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurostyle View Post
This is very easy to explain; Yes i did say it was working, and I STILL STAND to that statement! Let me tell you why; it came off a 88 325is, if you search a few years back you can see the car, Alpine white, with seized transmission. We got the car started (at Bimmersort, so plenty people have seen it work), it had fuel issues, was sitting for 3-4 years, and yes it DID run ruff, like any car that sits for that long! But it was running non the less! The engine went to scrap, never every tryed selling it, but to my knoledge ECU's dont go bad just from sitting a long time...So a very natural assumption would be that the part was working.
If the car "DID run ruff" you should have mentioned that, because as soon as i put your ECU in, my car ran ruff also.

Assuming isn't very professional now is it?


Quote:
As you can immagine, not all parts can be tested in every case (this one did, and was judged to be functional) but some others come from NOT running cars, so there is no way of knowing if something is good or not. This is why we let you test it! Try to go to any junk yard and see if they let you walk out with any electroninc component just to test it!
I should have never had to test it in the first place. If i was looking to test out an ECU I would not have come all the way to Mississauga now would I?

A junk yard WILL let you test their part because they sure as shit will NOT give their word like you did that it works. One also goes to a junkyard under the assumption that the part may not work or even be there. Do not compare.

Quote:
I let you test it, even take it arround the block to see how it is, before you even buy it, i think this is the best anyone in the industry can do...
That should be expected at the least. You "letting" me? As opposed to what? You selling me it and it not working then me being shit out of lucky because you lied? or driving all the way to Mississauga and back again?

Quote:
As for the price, i like you to take your offer of $35 and go to Chuck's, Shantaram, or any BMW parts shop and see the kind of service you get. They will laugh at you. I posted my price, like it or not, thats what i was looking to get for it. If i have to spend 2 weeks PMing, fighting over $15, its just not worth it for me. I wasted just about the same time repling to you, as you did driving to see me.
Laughing at me? Its a used part and has no pre determined value. Its also very unprofessional to "laugh" at an offer. Speaking of professionalism if you consider a total 3 (yes 3 i counted) private messages and one phone call you demanded to be going out of your way and "not worth it" then what kind of name are you giving yourself? I also don't know how fast you type but 3 Pm's about 1 sentence long doesn't take over 2 hours to write.

It was your choice to ask the amount you did and although i think its high i still respect it. As i said it was to my ignorance that i assumed it to be a 173.
noid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 01:08 AM   #5
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor
 
Eurostyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Milton
Posts: 14,774
You can say whatever you want, i dont care. It was tested, car was running, to my knolege it was working. I didnt take your $$$ and run. If you bothered to call, you might have had some more info, (and yes, you can NOT count past 3, because i can show you 4 messages you sent me, just for the record).

So to sum it all up;
Was the car running, YES
Did i take your low ball offer after all, YES ($40 after 4 PM's, 1 call, and in person conversation)
Did I make you pay for anything you were not happy with, NO.
Did you buy anything you were not happy with, NO

So as much as i love to see happy customers, i dont see anything i can do more then i did, if anyone is expecting anything more, just go see someone else, because this is about all i can do for anyone.
__________________
BIMMER HEAVEN
Specialized in BMW recycling, all OEM used parts
Up to 90% off new cost!!!
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X5 M3 M5


Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Eurostyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 07:40 AM   #6
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane
 
slemmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Missed in 'sauga
Posts: 2,961
well said Flip. At least he didn't ask it it came in a box - sealed, in white, and sprinkled with chocolate chips.
__________________

'04 645cic
'05 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 CCSB 4x4
'02 Regal LS
'00 740i Sport
slemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 07:51 AM   #7
BigD
the misanthropist
 
BigD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: a house
Posts: 6,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by slemmer View Post
well said Flip. At least he didn't ask it it came in a box - sealed, in white, and sprinkled with chocolate chips.
+1 exactly what I was about to write
__________________
BigD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 08:32 AM   #8
VSanj
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bramladesh!!
Posts: 4,359
lol..................so let me get this straight, fil was offering a part at a good price that he had every reason to believe was working. You drove down and it wasnt working.....he let you test it and it wasnt up to your standards. You also didnt lose any money.....hmmm.

what exactly are u bitching about?? Seems like fair business to me. Do you get mad when you drive out to see potential used cars and they arent as nice as they looked in the pictures?? These things that happen when you buy used, if one hour of your time was soooooo valuble you should have just bought new!!!!

Furthermore, Fil didnt ask you to wait untill you got paid and drive over during the height of rush hour......those were all decisions made by you.

thanks for coming out though!
__________________
http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/11/vsanjsigdw5.jpg

Last edited by VSanj; 05-03-2008 at 08:39 AM.
VSanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:41 AM   #9
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member
 
Deep 3.2TL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Milton
Posts: 3,221
LOL - I LOVE things like this...

I run into them all the time at work. Companies and people that are too cheap to buy the NEW server hard drives and opt for the refurb ones. Then I get a call 6 months later that they want a refund because the drive failed. It's missions critical server, blah, blah, blah. I tell EVERY customer who buys refurb drives that it's 90 days and I wouldn't if it's a critical server. So when they call, I tell them, why didn't you spend $100 more and buy the new drives? They get sooo pissed. Certain items are MORE than fine refurbed. Basically anything that doesn't have moving parts. Memory, Processors, etc.

You are taking a chance buying used. Didn't want to fork up the money to go buy a new aftermarket one (I'm assuming they are available, I don't know e30 stuff). If you wanted 100% sure effectiveness, fork up the dollars for new.
__________________

2007 Z4 3.0si
Deep 3.2TL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:44 AM   #10
hypno_nls1
4th Gear Member
 
hypno_nls1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ajax
Posts: 671
lolz im sorry but is this serious?
__________________

Fear Nothing. Risk Everything.


This is not your everyday, ordinary ****ing beamer!!
hypno_nls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 11:10 AM   #11
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor
 
Eurostyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Milton
Posts: 14,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep 3.2TL View Post

You are taking a chance buying used. Didn't want to fork up the money to go buy a new aftermarket one (I'm assuming they are available, I don't know e30 stuff). If you wanted 100% sure effectiveness, fork up the dollars for new.
What frustrates me is that it can happen even buying something BRAND new! Even if it was new, in the box, from BMW dealer, there is a slight chance that it CAN be defective (no product is ever 100% perfect, even with the best quality controls). And there is nothing much more the dealer would have done, other then refund (unlikely) or exchange...Its not like they will compensate you for your one houre drive! In fact, you might have to wait several weeks for a new part to come in, as 20 year old ECU's are not a hot selling item thats kept in stock.
__________________
BIMMER HEAVEN
Specialized in BMW recycling, all OEM used parts
Up to 90% off new cost!!!
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X5 M3 M5


Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Eurostyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 11:28 AM   #12
Estyle Chick
1st Gear Newbie
 
Estyle Chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 32
I worked with Fil as his receptionist for almost a year, I know him very well. He is a trusted sponser on Max, with evey right to be. Fil has not done you any wrong. As everyone is saying, it was a used part, buying used there is always a chance of it not working at all or as well as expected.
It was not him who made you drive during rush hour.
It was not him who made you miss work.
It was not him who decided to drive an hour away for a used part.
You made all these decisions yourself, and you should accept responsibility for your bad choices.
Second, he offered you a fair price, and he never ended up taking your money, he let you test it, he did not just give you the part, say it works take your money, and screwed you over.
Third, he lost money in the sense that time is money. He spent the time PMing you, talking to you on the phone and in person. He is not always in the office, he made the appointment to see you. He could have been working all that time. And as you had even said, He IS a nice guy, He let you borrow his tools. He did everything he could have in this situation, but serve it to you on a silver platter. Seriously if you wanted anything more your expectations are much to high and you should really come back down to reality. Stop your complaining, suck it up. This is life, learn to deal with it.
__________________
.x.[C]herry.x.
Estyle Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 01:11 PM   #13
DriveItSideways
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: .
Posts: 3,712
lol "trust" and "Fil" dont belong in the same sentence.

Poor business skills FTL.
DriveItSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 01:30 PM   #14
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator
 
T.Dot_E30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: T.Dot
Posts: 9,189
$40 for an ECU?

Thats what you get for being cheap...
__________________
T.Dot_E30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 01:34 PM   #15
BigD
the misanthropist
 
BigD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: a house
Posts: 6,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurostyle View Post
What frustrates me is that it can happen even buying something BRAND new! Even if it was new, in the box, from BMW dealer, there is a slight chance that it CAN be defective (no product is ever 100% perfect, even with the best quality controls). And there is nothing much more the dealer would have done, other then refund (unlikely) or exchange...Its not like they will compensate you for your one houre drive! In fact, you might have to wait several weeks for a new part to come in, as 20 year old ECU's are not a hot selling item thats kept in stock.
It doesn't have to be defective. As if no one's driven out far to a store to look into buying something that in the ad seemed perfect for their needs. Then you get there and it turns out to be the wrong thing or they don't have it in stock. I wonder if this dude demands that they pay for his gas in those cases too or reports them to the BBB.
__________________
BigD is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.