Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-28-2008, 12:34 PM   #1
tominizer
6th Gear Member

Anyone here running MEGASQUIRT for engine management ??

Just curious if anyone here is running that system ? Thoughts/feedback would be appreciated.

It's more of an interest thing right now for me but in the not too distant future, I will be going to stand alone. Just not sure which one .............. and more importantly, is the issue of local tuning support. I know with the MEGASQUIRT setup, a basemap to at least get up and running is available, but it will ultimately require dyno time and tuning.

Cheers,
tominizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 03:53 PM   #2
FuryriderX
cra.iX.y

w0rd

been running it for maybe 6 months now. only engine mod is 33lb injectors. (i know they're huge, but its waiting for the supercharger)
Old 04-28-2008, 03:58 PM   #3
tominizer
6th Gear Member

Fury, who did the MS build for you and the programming maps???
Old 04-28-2008, 06:06 PM   #4
Aveman
2nd Gear Member

Running MS2 V3.0 put about 4K on my 2.7i with it.

Built it myself, ordered the kit from diyautotune.com. The map I just used other peoples and tweaked them. There is a bit of a learning curve but in terms of tuning it's just a VE table like most other stand alones.
Aveman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 06:18 PM   #5
Furious
BMW again.

check out the FI section on BF.C lots of faithful guys running all different versions of MS.
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 07:53 PM   #6
FuryriderX
cra.iX.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by tominizer View Post
Fury, who did the MS build for you and the programming maps???
rs4pro3 on e30tech. i did all the maps myself. i have the pwm idle hooked up as well, with the glens' garage board.

i've done 2 megasquirt setups now, on my car and on a buddys.

if i was to do it again, id definitely build the board myself. theres an adapter board available for the 55pin motronic, its basically a solder-in, then connect with a relay cable. i have the jimstim too, which i used to fix a few problems on my buddys board, so i can test the boards properly.

if anyone wants, id be happy to build a megasquirt and load a map in that'll definitely get the car started/running well.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:27 AM   #7
tominizer
6th Gear Member

I was talking to rs4pro3 actually on www.s14.net as he has built a board for the E30 M3, but just doesn't have a car to test it on. His build goes inside the E30 M3 OEM ECU casing. It's kind of slick, but he's not local, nor has he found a car to test it on yet. And I hate being the mule being so far away. IF I was to walk down the road, I was looking for someone with MS experience................. like lots of it.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:31 PM   #8
FuryriderX
cra.iX.y

mine is inside the ECU casing as well. i fit everything inside, including the glens' garage PWM idle board.

i dont see how the m3 would be a whole lot different, its still cap and rotor, you probably would have to run alpha-n for idle at least, because of the ITB's, but if you ran a vacuum runner between all of them, you might be able to use MAP.

naturally aspirated, there's no reason not to use alpha-n, because no extra air is getting forced in.

good thing about a plug and play system is that you can always revert easily. is the m3 TPS variable? or a switch? if it was variable, then that eliminates another change.

it may be a straight-up plug and play. you never know. is the m3 dme different than the normal e30's? pin-wise?
Old 04-29-2008, 08:34 PM   #9
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

To the OP, if your car is an E30 check out http://e30tech.com there's tons of info there about MS. Even if it's not an E30 you might want to check it out, it's at least a very BMW specific forum. There are people there running it with M50/52 swaps as well.

Another DIY ECU you might want to look into is VEMS. It's a little more complicated, but the hardware is much better. Either way do a lot of research before committing to anything. Another persons solutions isn't always the correct solution for you.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: