Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-28-2008, 08:04 PM   #1
wraith318
2nd Gear Member

just a few questions .... 1995 318is

i just bought a semi rough condition 1995 318is. it's got some surface rust and a couple dents, but other than that it's nice and solid.

i was looking to gut the complete interior and do it over so that it's nice and new.... or close to it. also wanted to paint the car black since it's currently a silver and for some reason the silver gives it a longer look (think the black makes it appear shorter/smaller and looks better).

a couple ideas i had was changing the automatic shifter to a knob or straight handle instead of the L shape that it is right now ... can it be done and if so what brands do you recommend ?. and the other thing i wanted to do was move the stereo (going to install a sony MEX-5DI) down to where the information centre is and then move the info centre up to where the stereo was .... can that be done and if so is it very hard ?

i'm a very hands on type guy and love to tinker and take my time. so i don't care if it is very involved to do these mods.... to me it would look a bit better.

thanks for all the suggestions i get !!

if anyone is looking for any interior stuff, i would sell or swap.... it's a black interior (cloth) but everything needs a good vacuum and wipe down. it's going to be a work in progress. will take pics if anyone wants to see this sad fellow .... hehehehe

Last edited by wraith318; 03-28-2008 at 08:06 PM.
wraith318 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: