Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-02-2008, 08:47 PM   #1
///MG
3rd Gear Member

M3 mirror... *sigh*

The rant:

Parked my car last night in my buddies driveway. He had a house party... I knew everyone who was there. All was well, until someone decided to lean on my driver-side mirror and popped it off. Left it hanging by the wires. The next genious, saw a 1/2 off mirror and decided that it would be a good idea to take it... as what??? a fcuking souvenir?!?! You DUMB FCUK... You can't sell it because you're missing 1/2 the mirror and even if you decide to use it to replace your own M3 mirrors... IT"S NOT THE SAME FCUKING COLOR. Why the FCUK do people do shit like that?

The question:

Does anyone have any M3 mirrors... or even an extra mirror i can get off them for a few weeks so that I can put it on while i order one in? Let me know if you have any ideas where I can get them for a good price...

Thanks for reading.
2004 Mitsubishi Galant SOLD
1993 Plymouth Duster SOLD
///MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:54 PM   #2
bimmerjoe
Yagerbombs/skanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MG View Post
The rant:

Parked my car last night in my buddies driveway. He had a house party... I knew everyone who was there. All was well, until someone decided to lean on my driver-side mirror and popped it off. Left it hanging by the wires. The next genious, saw a 1/2 off mirror and decided that it would be a good idea to take it... as what??? a fcuking souvenir?!?! You DUMB FCUK... You can't sell it because you're missing 1/2 the mirror and even if you decide to use it to replace your own M3 mirrors... IT"S NOT THE SAME FCUKING COLOR. Why the FCUK do people do shit like that?

The question:

Does anyone have any M3 mirrors... or even an extra mirror i can get off them for a few weeks so that I can put it on while i order one in? Let me know if you have any ideas where I can get them for a good price...

Thanks for reading.

people these days do the most fuked up shit.. sorry to hear that bro. if you want an oem mirrior i can get you a decent deal from my dealership. it will be in next day
bimmerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:01 PM   #3
///MG
3rd Gear Member

well.. its a 98 M3. BMW parts from the dealer are too overpriced from personal experience. when i was changing my calipers, they wanted $650 each and I got Zimmermann for $150 directly from Germany.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:16 PM   #4
bimmerjoe
Yagerbombs/skanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MG View Post
well.. its a 98 M3. BMW parts from the dealer are too overpriced from personal experience. when i was changing my calipers, they wanted $650 each and I got Zimmermann for $150 directly from Germany.

call carcones. the junk yard place, he has alot of bmw parts... you can get a used one easily you just need to do your research
bimmerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 10:21 AM   #5
5JABIJ8
5th Gear Member

You may also want to check "Bimmer Markham" 6415 Steeles Ave E. Scarborough. John Campbell is the person to contact @ 416 261 4116.

Lots of E30's and E36's in his lot. I found this guy on the way to Standard Auto Wreckers. Seemed his prices was just as fair as Phil's. For people that can't make out west.. I think this guy is your best bet. Good Luck.

or Shant on Steeles close to Weston could also have a set for you as well. but his prices are ridiculous.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:53 PM   #6
Dr. Flyview
Formerly Flav_cool

Send a message via MSN to Dr. Flyview
No ****ing respect, cruelty is everywhere. Good luck fixing it.

1998 BMW 328is - summer
1994 BMW 325i - daily
1992 BMW 325i - totaled
1988 Mercedes Benz 190E 2.3-8V -
sold

Dr. Flyview is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 10:34 PM   #7
bigfeller
Propeller Head

Euro-spec

My M3 is not actually in my possession yet (I fly down to Houston to pick it up on the 18th) and some jackass already damaged the drivers' side mirror. Scratched the housing (Cosmos black) and smashed the glass.

New glass is $80USD from BMW, so I did some investigating. I saw a group buy thread on Bimmerforum from Euro-Spec back in Nov 2007, and emailed a guy there named Paul. They have overstock power, heated, tinted blue mirrors, with a metal base for $125 USD shipped. Probably a bit more to Canada.

Do a search on bf.c and you'll find the thread. Good feedback on the mirrors.

Good luck!
bigfeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 10:43 PM   #8
Jacko
2nd Gear Member

Sorry to hear that man. I hope you find a mirror.
Jacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 06:06 PM   #9
///MG
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for all the support and ideas guys.

My dad's in europe right now so he's gonna try to find something in the scrap there... lots of bimmers there...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: