Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-23-2003, 09:50 PM   #1
FastM3
is dreaming of ///M's

Angry @#%*.... just got a ticket!!!!

I was driving to go get some red rockets with 2 friends of mine in my mom's Kia Rio and as I was coming down a small hill on this main street (2 lanes) here in hamilton this cop comes outta a street and pulls me over...now he says i was doing 81k in a 50k but i highly doubt it....he offeredfor me to view the radar but i denied saying i believe him that way i could get a better ticket...anyways he told me he would save me points and lowerit and he did to "65k in a 50" which was great but still i dont even think i should of got anything...

so now im thinking of going to court to try and win...my only questions are..

1- do they record everything on radar (that way i can lie in court and say that he never offered to see it )

2- and while he was comign outta that street to pull me over it seemed like he never really had a radar and stopped and caught me doing anything bad...cause he was pulling out of a street pretty quickly even my buddy saw it...

well anyways what do you guys think...and does anyone know the answers to help me out!?!?!
FastM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 10:01 PM   #2
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Re: @#%*.... just got a ticket!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by pasta325i
I was driving to go get some red rockets with 2 friends of mine in my mom's Kia Rio and as I was coming down a small hill on this main street (2 lanes) here in hamilton this cop comes outta a street and pulls me over...now he says i was doing 81k in a 50k but i highly doubt it....he offeredfor me to view the radar but i denied saying i believe him that way i could get a better ticket...anyways he told me he would save me points and lowerit and he did to "65k in a 50" which was great but still i dont even think i should of got anything...

so now im thinking of going to court to try and win...my only questions are..

1- do they record everything on radar (that way i can lie in court and say that he never offered to see it )

2- and while he was comign outta that street to pull me over it seemed like he never really had a radar and stopped and caught me doing anything bad...cause he was pulling out of a street pretty quickly even my buddy saw it...

well anyways what do you guys think...and does anyone know the answers to help me out!?!?!
You wanna try something fun? But you gotta have balls to do it. Book a court date ask the officer in front of the judge how fast you were going, and he will say 81km/h in a 50km/h. Then you say yes that is true, I was going 81km/h in a 50. Then show them the ticket and say However this ticket says I was going 65 in a 50 so obviously either the officer is wrong, or they are lying. The ticket will then get thrown out of court.
Old 02-23-2003, 10:05 PM   #3
M50E30
www.bmwclub.ca

Re: Re: @#%*.... just got a ticket!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by mkgino
You wanna try something fun? But you gotta have balls to do it. Book a court date ask the officer in front of the judge how fast you were going, and he will say 81km/h in a 50km/h. Then you say yes that is true, I was going 81km/h in a 50. Then show them the ticket and say However this ticket says I was going 65 in a 50 so obviously either the officer is wrong, or they are lying. The ticket will then get thrown out of court.
LOL! That would be fun but wouldn't want to get another ticket after that. They will never be lienent if they catch you again...when you really need it. So suck it up and pay the lower ticket.
Old 02-23-2003, 10:07 PM   #4
Harry
4th Gear Member

1. The officer will record the speed and they must calibrate the radar or laser before use. They need to be trained to do so. The officer will say they offered, and u say he didnt. The court will always believe the police officer. Bad idea to lie in court, it just pisses off the judge.

2. The radar or laser will be hidden from your view, either in the vehicle, or behind a tree. They do it so you can't see itm thats the point.
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 10:12 PM   #5
FastM3
is dreaming of ///M's

Quote:
Originally posted by Harry
1. The officer will record the speed and they must calibrate the radar or laser before use. They need to be trained to do so. The officer will say they offered, and u say he didnt. The court will always believe the police officer. Bad idea to lie in court, it just pisses off the judge.

2. The radar or laser will be hidden from your view, either in the vehicle, or behind a tree. They do it so you can't see itm thats the point.
1- so if i go to court in like 2 weeks and the officer shows up will he actually have the radar sheet?? and he cant use it since he dropped the ticket to 65km...he'll just make an ass of himself in front of the judge, no?

2- i know it's always hidden but as i was coming down the street he was like pulling out of a side street, it seems to werid to me that he caught me while pulling out of a street...
Old 02-23-2003, 10:14 PM   #6
FastM3
is dreaming of ///M's

Re: Re: Re: @#%*.... just got a ticket!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by M50E30
LOL! That would be fun but wouldn't want to get another ticket after that. They will never be lienent if they catch you again...when you really need it. So suck it up and pay the lower ticket.
ya but it's not like that exact cop will catch me again, what are the chances you know...unless they record your name in the cop database, do they do that?
Old 02-23-2003, 10:18 PM   #7
M50E30
www.bmwclub.ca

Re: Re: Re: Re: @#%*.... just got a ticket!!!!

Quote:
ya but it's not like that exact cop will catch me again, what are the chances you know...unless they record your name in the cop database, do they do that?
I bet they have some kind of profile of you from being pulled over in the past in thier computer system. I'm always polite and honest right off the bat. And most of the time the officer will be nice to you too.
Old 02-23-2003, 10:20 PM   #8
Polish
6th Gear Member

Talking

ahahahha, good work man
Polish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 10:20 PM   #9
FastM3
is dreaming of ///M's

Oh no doubt about it I wa snice to him, way to nice i think...cause fraknly i know i was't doing 81km and he still bullshitted his way through a ticket...atleast tell me the truth and say that i was doing 65-70km in a 50 but not 81!
Old 02-23-2003, 10:25 PM   #10
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

Ya, the cop can say he lowered the speed for you in court. You wouldn't stand a chance as I'm sure this strategy is used many time over and the judge may have heard it all.

the cops do have a "standard" speech they say whenever they approach the bench. They're not stupid.
slemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 10:31 PM   #11
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Oh no doubt about it I wa snice to him, way to nice i think...cause fraknly i know i was't doing 81km and he still bullshitted his way through a ticket...atleast tell me the truth and say that i was doing 65-70km in a 50 but not 81!
listen this is what you do, and it works. The only way you will get off the ticket is if the officer does not show up to court.

Ive done this with like 4 of my moron sisters speeding tickets and its worked every time.

Book your court date. When the date rolls around get your brother, sister or someone close to you to represent you in court. When there, get your friend to see if the officer is in the court room. Give your buddy a discription of the officer. If he is not there, then get your friend to plead not guilty, and the ticket gets thrown out.

If the officer is there, request a rebook of the court date to the prosecutor for a later date and get your friend to give some BS reason why you couldnt come.

Then when the next court date rolls around, the cop probably wont show up------> ticket dismissed. If he does, then just ask that the ticket gets reduced because your poor or something.

By the second court date, you will probably have it about a year later, so this wasts a lot of time.

Now do it this way, dont be a moron and do it some bonehead other way. Do what I say. I have done this like for 4 of my sisters tickets and she has gotten off of ALL of them.

If you dont do it this way, I promise that I will be the first person to laugh at you.

Last edited by mkgino; 02-23-2003 at 10:33 PM.
mkgino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 10:32 PM   #12
Miguel
...Delt Smash

Quote:
Originally posted by slemmer
They're not stupid.
But they are 99% of the time complete pricks.
Old 02-23-2003, 10:49 PM   #13
FastM3
is dreaming of ///M's

hey mkgino....should i just get my buddy to represent me in court? is that ok by the judge?

not just anybody but i mean the guy that was in the car with me...
Old 02-23-2003, 10:58 PM   #14
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Quote:
hey mkgino....should i just get my buddy to represent me in court? is that ok by the judge?

not just anybody but i mean the guy that was in the car with me...
I went for my sister and I wasnt even in the car at the time. Just dont get a moron to represent you who doesnt know what they are doing. Its not that hard, this is what you do.

Book a court date and get someone to represent you:

1) at first court date

- if officer is not there -------> plead not guilty, ticket gets thrown out.

-if officer is there ---------> rebook court date for future date.

2) At second court date:

-if officer is not there-------> plead not guilty, ticket gets thrown out

-if officer is there-----------> ask judge to reduce ticket because you are poor and a student and cant afford it.

Old 02-23-2003, 11:02 PM   #15
FastM3
is dreaming of ///M's

so am i supposed to stay home while this all happens...or do i chill in the court lobby or seomthing?? lol

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: