Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Wheels&Tires
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-08-2008, 11:28 PM   #1
mapleridge81
1st Gear Newbie

Name these rims please

I bought rims for my car, but they are missing all of the center caps. I want to buy center caps, but have no idea what the rims are from. They might be from a BMW or VW etc.
Anyhow. If someone can identify them, so I know what center caps to buy that would be great. I know there are different style systems to hold the caps on, so I need to know what style I need.
Here's the stats:
They are 4 lug (4x114.3)
They are 15 inch. I think 15x6.5 (that's what is on the rim anyhow)

And here are some pics. If someone could give me the year and model they came from that would be mint!

Thanks!
mapleridge81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 11:30 AM   #2
vwcrest
r.i.p alpine e30

those look like original bmw wheels,take one of the wheels off and look at the inside of the wheel.you should get all info from there,it would have all the make numbers on it and stuff like that.
vwcrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 07:15 PM   #3
mapleridge81
1st Gear Newbie

I have all of the numbers and everything off of the rims, but that doesn't help me buy center caps. The center cap part numbers aren't the same as the rim part numbers. Unless there is a website that I can find out what my rims are from by using the part numbers. All the center caps I find for sale say "bbs center caps from 88-91 3 series BMW" etc. I have no idea what my rims are from, so I don't know what year/model to buy center caps for.
I think the 3 series and the 5&6 series came with simalar looking rims, but have a different locking system for the center caps.
mapleridge81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 08:54 PM   #4
vwcrest
r.i.p alpine e30

the reason y you only found center caps for those rims that say bbs is because they are bbs wheels i dont know the model name but those are bbs wheels,..i thought you knew that
vwcrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 09:18 PM   #5
Soldo
6th Gear Member

4 x 114.3 is the fitment for older jap cars, like 240sx's and AE86's. So i'd guess maybe they're Infiniti rims, since i know Infiniti had a BBS rim very similar to these, only i'm not sure what the size was!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: