Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Wheels&Tires
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-01-2008, 01:26 PM   #16
Mickey Knox
3rd Gear Member

well

there have been some complications, they boxes he had for the 18X9's had 18X8's in them, so i took those, in retrospect i figure staggerd is no going ot be optimal for handling anyways, the car is it is nice and balanced, not tail happy or understeering, so putting wider rubber in the back would push the tendency to understeer right? sooo 18X8's all around, what size to put on? i am thinking 235/35/18 or 235/40/18. i kinda like the look of a skinny sidewall, lower side wall makes me assume the ride will be harder then with the higher wall, and probably have a better chance of fitting without a roll, any downsides to the skinnier sidewall? i also like the 235's over the 225, as it would probably protect the wheels better against curb rash.

any final comments welcome

thx
mickey
Mickey Knox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 04:43 PM   #17
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

235/35/18 is a pretty rare size, but I think the KDW2 comes in it (check on that). You will likely need to roll the fenders to fit that size.

225/40/18 is probably smarter. Most tires come with curb protectors now, don't let that stop you.

Hat

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 04:52 PM   #18
Mickey Knox
3rd Gear Member

yeah the kwd come in 235/35/18, which i am leaning towards, i like the design and the reviews read well. i actually found a picture of a e36 with black ultra's running /35 in the rear and /40 in the front. the difference in sidewall height is not all that great but to me it looks just the way i want it.

so 235/35/18 kdw's it is. my resident weather frog in the office just proclaimed there will be no more major dumps this year, i told him i bet i can make it snow by putting on my summer wheels early.

i better put those babies in the shed and forget about them for a while before i do something stupid. on top i REALLY REALLY hate my winter wheels, stupid 16 inch borbet 5 spoke junk, fugly wheels. oh well they are cheap and hold up well to abuse.

btw, thx for all the advice, much appreciated
Mickey Knox is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: