Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Quebec/Gatineau/Ottawa
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-24-2008, 11:43 AM   #31
Nascar318is
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearsBmr View Post
OH snap!! no you just didnt!!!
As the crowd chants JERRY, JERRY, JERRY, JERRY!!!

I Duck as Jeffrie and Ahmad start throwing chairs at each other while yelling
"you dumb *censored* you stole my twinky"
"Shut the *censored* up while I ate your BMW for breakfast with my supercharger"
"Oh Knows you didn't!!"
then it's on, Jerry calls Steve his security guard to get a tub full of oil for Jeff And Ahmad.
They fight while pulling each others hair cause it's the only thing that's not slippery. Then they fall in love and they propose to each other and get married right on the show. Their 3 series bmw's have interconnectcourse with each other and pop out little 1 series down the road...

1994 318is-Sold July 13th 2010.. Sad Sad Day
Nascar318is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 11:44 AM   #32
Jamil20
3rd Gear Member

I added a little to my last post for you, Barry.
Jamil20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 11:47 AM   #33
ecuconnection
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar318is View Post
As the crowd chants JERRY, JERRY, JERRY, JERRY!!!

I Duck as Jeffrie and Ahmad start throwing chairs at each other while yelling
"you dumb *censored* you stole my twinky"
"Shut the *censored* up while I ate your BMW for breakfast with my supercharger"
"Oh Knows you didn't!!"
then it's on, Jerry calls Steve his security guard to get a tub full of oil for Jeff And Ahmad.
They fight while pulling each others hair cause it's the only thing that's not slippery. Then they fall in love and they propose to each other and get married right on the show. Their 3 series bmw's have interconnectcourse with each other and pop out little 1 series down the road...

yes!! love it
ecuconnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 12:12 PM   #34
everlast
if I lived . I would be ~

Seriously though, I fail to see how people can ignore caloric content when factoring in losing weight. For people without a naturally thin body, body fat is more easily accumulated. One of the biggest dangers in failing when trying to lose weight is not sticking with it.

Let's say you change your diet. Your body will somewhat adjust by lowering your metabolism. But if you exercise sensibly (including both anaerobic and aerobic) you will raise your metabolism. There is no mystery here. You will be taking in less calories than you are burning. They extra energy HAS to come from somewhere, that's just physics. Fat is the easiest thing to burn. If are being reasonable with your calorie reduction, say 300 less per day on average than pre-diet, the metabolic bounce will level off pretty quickly and you'll begin to lose weight. The trick is monitoring caloric content. Since your metabolism is higher, your body will want to eat MORE, not less.

Now, say you fall off the wagon. You go out for a weekend bender and don't exercise. Your metabolism is still naturally raised, but the lack of exercise means you burn a few hundred calories less. And you eat what you want because you've "been good all week". You will tend to overeat for a few reasons (body craving, psychological, emotional) and due to the nature of the food (McDonalds anyone?) you'll likely take in hundreds of calories over your pre-diet levels. Bingo, you just PUT ON weight. And likely more than what you lost in the week.

The more drastic the cut in calories the more prone your body is to suffer this fate, hence why I suggest you go slowly.

To do this though, you need to know how many calories you ingest on a normal day, then dial it down. Also, you can cheat a little here and there, just compensate the next day so that in a week, your average is the target level. I found this much easier, as you sometimes need a piece of pizza. The next day, eat more salad and less spaghetti.

And as healthy as some foods are, you still need to control portions or you'll never win.

Don't let anybody tell you you'll fail, nor that you are naturally fat and can't do anything about it. Sorry guys, but that's just stupid. Anybody can lose weight, including bears.

BTW, I lost 35 pounds of mostly belly fat a few years ago. In two months. I wasn't always this slender sexy bitch you see now.

Last edited by everlast; 01-24-2008 at 12:14 PM. Reason: i can't spell for shit
everlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 12:17 PM   #35
Nascar318is
6th Gear Member

I'm in shape... Round is a shape.

Man Good advice there. When I move out of mom and dads and have a house of my own, watch out, Wii boxing and lots of water and cut out the junk food. My cal level will drop drastically and then I"LL BE THE SEXY BITCH and Jessica Beal will be at my door begging for my body!

1994 318is-Sold July 13th 2010.. Sad Sad Day
Nascar318is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 12:23 PM   #36
chromius
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlast View Post

Don't let anybody tell you you'll fail, nor that you are naturally fat and can't do anything about it.
You mean I'm not naturally fat? Damnit...why was everybody lying to me.

Seriously though, I managed to lose 40lbs by changing my diet, and managed to keep it off for the most part by watching my portions, and reducing my sugar intake. Seems to work.

Although I probably could stand to lose some more.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:57 PM   #37
everlast

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromius View Post
Seriously though, I managed to lose 40lbs by changing my diet, and managed to keep it off for the most part by watching my portions, and reducing my sugar intake. Seems to work.
40 lbs, wow good work! Now tell me you are curious about how to play squash, and I'll meet you at ur apartment and we'll play, dammit. Seriously. For real.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:29 PM   #38
chromius
6th Gear Member

Quote:
40 lbs, wow good work! Now tell me you are curious about how to play squash, and I'll meet you at ur apartment and we'll play, dammit. Seriously. For real.
LOL, I'll think about it. The whole "non bouncing" ball sounds like a lot of work. What about racket ball?

Actually I probably would give it a shot, but I don't think I'd be much competition for you. Don't forget I smoke, so I have the lung capacity of a four year old.

Edit: Sens just scored again. 7-2 for Ottawa!!!
Old 01-25-2008, 04:07 AM   #39
everlast

What a ridiculous hockey game. Anyway, I enjoy squash so much I'd play at anytime with anyone. You pretty much get out of it what you put in, no matter the skill level, so playing a beginner (and I'm no star) is still loads of fun. Plus, you use a 'blue dot' ball which bounces like a tennis ball.

Come on!
Old 01-25-2008, 11:03 AM   #40
Jamil20
3rd Gear Member

The only sport I play is foozball.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:38 AM   #41
chromius
6th Gear Member

Quote:
What a ridiculous hockey game. Anyway, I enjoy squash so much I'd play at anytime with anyone. You pretty much get out of it what you put in, no matter the skill level, so playing a beginner (and I'm no star) is still loads of fun. Plus, you use a 'blue dot' ball which bounces like a tennis ball.

Come on!
I thought squash always used those balls that...well...."squash" instead of bounce?

Either way...alright I'll give it a shot. We'll set something up.

All I keep picturing in my head is the King of queens episode...if you watch it you'll know which one.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:49 PM   #42
Jamil20
3rd Gear Member

I hear squash can be a bloody sport. People running into each other, smacking each other with racquets, getting hit by balls, etc...Enjoy.
Old 01-25-2008, 02:23 PM   #43
everlast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamil20 View Post
I hear squash can be a bloody sport. People running into each other, smacking each other with racquets, getting hit by balls, etc...Enjoy.
Where did you hear that? Must have been from somebody who didn't play squash either.

Old 01-25-2008, 03:40 PM   #44
everlast

Maybe you or they were thinking of racquetball. It can be pretty rough and rude. Different game though, not even the same courts.
Old 01-25-2008, 03:46 PM   #45
ecuconnection
6th Gear Member

Looks fun to me never heard or seen anyone hurt from squash.. you prob have a better chance of geting hurt when your golfing AIGHT!!!!
ecuconnection is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: