Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Detailing & Care
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-14-2007, 11:15 PM   #1
HoldenC
Pro Mobile Detailing

2007 Porsche Cayman S

This is my latest work. The paint was in pretty decent shape so I didn't break out the PC except to clean the paint.

The owner was absolutely ecstatic when it was finished. The car positively glows and the pictures do it no justice whatsoever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJqi6eL3A4c

Last edited by HoldenC; 09-14-2007 at 11:17 PM.
HoldenC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 11:18 PM   #2
HoldenC
Pro Mobile Detailing

Old 09-14-2007, 11:19 PM   #3
HoldenC
Pro Mobile Detailing

Old 09-14-2007, 11:21 PM   #4
HoldenC
Pro Mobile Detailing

Old 11-25-2007, 10:10 PM   #5
PoliceDog
1st Gear Newbie

That's pretty insane 'beading' in that YouTube video clip! What was the 'all-in' cost for the clean/detail on that?
PoliceDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 10:20 PM   #6
AceOfSpades
♠ ♠ ♠

please pardon my noobee question, but what was the purpose of the first clip?
AceOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 10:48 PM   #7
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

Do you do this as a side job or is this your main job?
slemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 05:01 PM   #8
HoldenC
Pro Mobile Detailing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoliceDog View Post
That's pretty insane 'beading' in that YouTube video clip! What was the 'all-in' cost for the clean/detail on that?
Thank you, PoliceDog.

The cost of a detail varies based upon the products used, the time involved, and other material costs. If you would like to use our services in the future, please get in touch.

http://apollodetailing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2ozebozz View Post
please pardon my noobee question, but what was the purpose of the first clip?
Good Question!

It's very difficult to tell the properties of a certain finish protection product (i.e. wax or sealant) without examining its molecular structure. Fortunately, water provides the best means of determining the quality and/or durability of a given product. Ultra-fine beading, for example, shows that the product is providing superior protection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slemmer View Post
Do you do this as a side job or is this your main job?
Apollo Detailing is a full-time business from May-November and a part-time business thereafter.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:26 PM   #9
PoliceDog
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldenC View Post
Thank you, PoliceDog.

The cost of a detail varies based upon the products used, the time involved, and other material costs. If you would like to use our services in the future, please get in touch......"
My apologies - that was a trick question. I knew I wouldn't get an answer to it!

You see, I wasn't asking for a "quote" for one of my cars. I specifically asked for the cost of detailing that car - where you already know exactly the "...products used, the time involved, and other material costs..." Unless the owner of that car asked you specifically to keep what he paid a secret (and I would imagine that most guys would boast about it to their friends!) there's really no reason it can't be made public and give people like me - and I bet there are others - at least a "range" of what costs to expect. I don't want to "guess" and I don't want to "inquire".

All that aside, that's a superb cleaning job.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:39 PM   #10
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

Quote:
My apologies - that was a trick question. I knew I wouldn't get an answer to it!

You see, I wasn't asking for a "quote" for one of my cars. I specifically asked for the cost of detailing that car - where you already know exactly the "...products used, the time involved, and other material costs..." Unless the owner of that car asked you specifically to keep what he paid a secret (and I would imagine that most guys would boast about it to their friends!) there's really no reason it can't be made public and give people like me - and I bet there are others - at least a "range" of what costs to expect. I don't want to "guess" and I don't want to "inquire".

All that aside, that's a superb cleaning job.
Their pricing is on their website.
slemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 12:28 AM   #11
PoliceDog
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slemmer View Post
Their pricing is on their website.
Thanks. I overlooked the link.

However - it still doesn't give me an answer to my original question: what was the bottom line cost of detailing that particular car? Why is it such a secret? I'm a magazine writer preparing an article on automotive counter-culture and I run into this everywhere (in Canada). Are we ashamed of the prices we charge for good, honest work that results in a superb finished product? A fairly upscale jewelry store in Toronto wouldn't think of putting a small, discreet price tag on a watch that sells for, say, $2k (God forbid! How tasteless! ) But walk into almost any high-end jewelry store in Beverly Hills and you're bound to see discreet price tags on almost every item. Why? A price tag immediately defines your potential market. So the person who thinks your $2k watch costs $200. or the person who thinks your $500. car wash/detail costs $89.95 is spared the potential embarrassment of having to decline.

RANT OFF.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:03 PM   #12
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
Which magazine do you write for?

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 12:24 AM   #13
agentM
Detailer, tint, Chipguard

Quote:
I wouldn't give you an answer either. Most of the detailer will need to see your car to give that kind of answer to that trick question.
agentM is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: